I don't think stage banter, especially Matt's, is worth analyzing in any depth.

Perhaps. I didn't want to analyze this one in any big way anyway. I just wanted to mention it, as that little add-on would change the original quote quite a bit.

Matt decided to be a public figure. His friends and family did not.

Making trying to USE them to get to Matt on par with, say, taking pap pics of his young son.

You could argue Elle is also public, and posts a ton about the relationship, but again, you'd be using her to try and get to him.

That's still pretty shit.

What are you going to say?

"Hey, why doesn't Matt play your favorite song for you?"

Pit them against each other?

This. Please don't you weirdos

Jeez.... so much has exploded since this VK Setlist thing (Which I feel I should add, didn't intend on sounding ungreatful in my initial post :LOL: If anything I'm still amazed with the setlist we got back in April but not keen on anyone making false promises in any form That's annoying. And I still agree with what I put about the set list itself, putting staples and Drones D&B/Choir filler is a very silly choice as it just defeats the polls purpose. If should have been a rarity poll only)

Yeah, we all want our rare tunes but some Musers are getting out of hand. Contacting family members of band members etc is just creepy...

Lol, Elle liking Spiral Static? (Didn't know Matt had a new GF as I stopped paying attention after the whole Kate separation thing :LOL:). Good song.

Out of sheer laziness on my part, which song is winning on the poll so far? (I dread to know, haha!)

Edited by Ran

Jeez.... so much has exploded since this VK Setlist thing (Which I feel I should add, didn't intend on sounding ungreatful in my initial post :LOL: If anything I'm still amazed with the setlist we got back in April but not keen on anyone making false promises in any form That's annoying. And I still agree with what I put about the set list itself, putting staples and Drones D&B/Choir filler is a very silly choice as it just defeats the polls purpose. If should have been a rarity poll only)

Yeah, we all want out rare tunes but some Musers are getting out of hand. Contacting family members of band members etc is just creepy...

Lol, Elle liking Spiral Static? (Didn't know Matt had a new GF as I stopped paying attention after the whole Kate separation thing). Good song.

Out of sheer laziness on my part, which song is winning on the poll so far? (I dread to know, haha!)

Surprisingly (or not)... Butterflies And Hurricanes.

Surprisingly (or not)... Butterflies And Hurricanes.

I'm sort of impressed! Many are DYING to hear B&H so it's not a bad choice :)

As long as it's something like that or one of the rare play ones like Futurism, Fury, Agitated, Micr- you get the picture then I think it's worth it. (One's like Bliss, CE, etc I feel are acceptable as they are played in some places but not others)

Tbh, I expected people to be silly and vote for the songs that are always on :stunned::LOL:

I'm sort of impressed! Many are DYING to hear B&H so it's not a bad choice :)

As long as it's something like that or one of the rare play ones like Futurism, Fury, Agitated, Micr- you get the picture then I think it's worth it. (One's like Bliss, CE, etc I feel are acceptable as they are played in some places but not others)

Tbh, I expected people to be silly and vote for the songs that are always on :stunned::LOL:

Well, Fury and Assassin are right behind it, too! So, it may turn out an impressive gig... as long as they're respecting their same deal.

This current tour is the Drones tour so there is absolutely no chance of them dropping any songs from their most recent album.

I'd rather take the illogical dead crowd excuses than thinking he looked at a picture of Trudeau and decided to play Citizen.

Hey, I think of a lot more than that when I see those pictures... :eyebrows:

Are you suggesting there was no personal growth and that a comment made SIXTEEN years ago by a boy in his 20s still represents his opinion on politics?

Well, I mean, it was a joke. I thought the boner part brought that home.

But there were two notable interviews during the T2L tour, and while neither of them were Japan (one of them was, I believe, embarrassingly Germany,) he was talking about politics with these two older interviewers, and blatantly said "well, I don't know anything about your political situation here... but here's what I think is wrong with UK and the world!"

He mentioned Swiss politics in one of those interviews, as well, as his paragon of politicalness. Which was super awkward talking to a fellow from a country he'd just admitted to knowing nothing about. :facepalm:

So, if we're talking personal growth about politics, while he claims he's not as naïve and easily swayed... he has still really shown that he really only has a narrow band of concern, or he just believes the first thing he reads.

We are talking about a guy who attributed his Brexit/Bremain opinion partially to a FICTIONAL novel... (and one, hopefully, he didn't get excited about because it said "Fury" on the cover...)

And no one grows out of Asian girls.

This current tour is the Drones tour so there is absolutely no chance of them dropping any songs from their most recent album.

Yeah. Reapers has been a staple of every single gig in the Drones Tour. You have nothing to fear... :chuckle:

And Revolt and Defector have only been played rarely.

I wouldn't be upset to see even hardcore fans vote for one of them.

(Reapers is getting it's sorry ass kicked, though...)

I firmly believe using social media for its intended purpose doesn't make anyone a "weirdo" unless what is being commented is stalkerish or some kind of harassment. In other news, let's all stop mentioning Brexit here because it has absolutely no pertinence to anything.

I think the tour staples off the Drones album we've seen up to now will stay and they'll use the votes to decide which others to play. Pretty certain Assassin will get picked.

oh my sweet summer child

such innocent optimism </3

I wonder if future gigs like Iceland, or festivals will get the vote treatment

Due to Iceland awesomeness they should play a set similar to Montreux. Let's be honest, the two most brilliant venues of the entire tour are these two.

In other news, let's all stop mentioning Brexit here because it has absolutely no pertinence to anything.

We're using social media in it's intended way, without being stalkerish or harassing. Sorry.

(We're also not violating the rules, by only discussing band's personal lives and opinions only in as much as they disclosed in interviews... :) )

Due to Iceland awesomeness they should play a set similar to Montreux. Let's be honest, the two most brilliant venues of the entire tour are these two.

Is it a good venue? I've no idea apart from it's a little bit smaller than usual

Only just checked that venue in Iceland out. Wonder if 5,500 capacity qualifies as small enough for rarities? Montreux was 4,000 I think.

Half tempted to go but I feel like I genuinely can't justify spending any more money this tour unless it's really something special.

I don't think it's worth trying to make sense of crowd size vs set, tbh. Matt said "clubs" and even that doesn't really make sense, as I have "clubs" in my area that have just damn about the capacity for the amount of people who went to many of the T2L tour gigs.

And then again, that magic capacity was 5500 for the Swiss, but 1800 couldn't even get the US a comparable Psycho Tour.

There's no sense to what they do, and we're not going to figure it out.

I'm not sure if you've misunderstood my post or the other way round :LOL:

Anyway, yes! Drones tour! I don't expect them to drop any of the current Drones staples. And I'm completely fine with that as like you said, it IS the Drones tour. I'm cool with that. (Which is the ONLY reason why I accepted Dead Inside. Haha!)

I was mainly saying how I thought it was silly for them to include the Drones tour songs on the "choose the song" poll as they could have just left them on the setlist. As it may have been possible for people to vote on something that would have most likely ended up on a setlist anyway. & just seems pointless (for example, Psycho. And Psycho is always on, from what I've seen anyway. I could be wrong :p ).

Okay, that was long.

Probably late...

Change of topic:

Matt's recently stated he "very much cares" about politics. Do we secretly think he tailors setlists to how he feels about a country?

Doubt it.

Never said he changed his opinion on the hotness of Asian women though.

Nothing but the important subjects. :p:chuckle:

More seriously, I don't think I've ever seen enough politics from Matt to know his personal stances except on a few specific cases. Everything else has been some rambling that he probably regrets saying afterwards.

I would hope he doesn't actually take the politics of a country into account for how he plays an unrelated music concert.

He said in the Q Drones Tour feature that he voted for the Green Party in the UK elections last year. But that's kinda it of late for here, really (on something more specific than the Brexit bollocks I didn't bother reading, and the more conspiracy stuff). I think the lyrical stuff is more about specific things, dystopian fiction, or a general sneer at the whole enterprise. The works, really. :chuckle:

Maybe its too easy to over-analyse, ehdunno.

At least they've been consistent with Aftermath so far on the Drones tour.

Good.

I saw the thing about Matt's gf liking Spiral Static as a fave. Fair play to her tbf - that's a really good choice.

Is this poll for tomorrow's Kyiv gig still a thing?