Never mind, hadn't heard of VK before. Guess it's real then.

Why start doing this now? For me, it'd be best to finish the current leg/tour as you've started and then start afresh with the request system maybe next year, giving every gig the same treatment. If it's some kind of trial for something a bit bigger in the future then fair enough but I've got my doubts.

Also, what is the actual point in including Knights, Uprising, Supermassive, Starlight, TIRO, Psycho, Drones D&B, Isolated System and Drones. Unless they mean to send some kind of message saying "lol, see, everyone loves knights".

Edited by Jobby

Never mind, hadn't heard of VK before. Guess it's real then.

Why start doing this now? For me, it'd best to finish the current leg/tour as you've started and then start afresh with the request system maybe next year, giving every gig the same treatment. If it's some kind of trial for something a bit bigger in the future then fair enough but I've got my doubts.

Also, what is the actual point in including Knights, Uprising, Supermassive, Starlight, TIRO, Psycho, Drones D&B, Isolated System and Drones. Unless they mean to send some kind of message saying "lol, see, everyone loves knights".

VK is Russian Facebook. I think they just put all the songs they rehearsed for this tour.

VK is Russian Facebook. I think they just put all the songs they rehearsed for this tour.

The point is putting up the songs that have been and will be played at 100% of the gigs is just making a show of doing what he said, while still being super disrespectful.

Are they going to replace Starlight with Futurism if it wins? No.

They're going to play most of that list regardless.

It was always going to be a sham. That's why Matt said "democracy isn't going to get you Yes Please. lol"

He apparently wants to prove that "99%" of people are just going to vote for stuff that will be played anyways, "proving" no one wants the rarities.

Yeah, I hate to say it for not wanting to sound perma-negative or paranoid but it's coming across like that more and more to me ngl. The only reasons I can see for including the staples just like last time, despite all the feedback of why not to, are:

a) Like you say, trying to 'prove' that no one really wants to hear rarities

b) Quickly getting out of this whole 'request tour' business as easily as possibly by tacking it on to the last few gigs and including staples to avoid actually doing anything different

They knew what they were doing in 2010 and this is seeming like pretty much the exact same deal. Except now it's one song (and not even necessarily the top voted one) instead of a top five.

So how can we all vote there? Do we need to live in Russia to join? Let's all vote for the same song lol

I imagine you just need an account to comment your vote. I doubt us all voting for one song will make a different though tbh. Note that the paragraph doesn't say "the top song will get played", it just says "you have the chance to pick a song". Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it feels intentionally vague to me.

Drones Choir (Reprise). Wtf 😂

Does that mean they're going to play Drones three times?

Why is a playback song even on there?

And why are staples in the choices? It's a bit hard to say they don't know the difference after Montreux.

Also their choice of rarities is still really weak. I really couldn't care less about random B-sides when they aren't playing Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Uno, New Born, Hyper Music, Dead Star etc, and even songs like Bliss, Stockholm and MotP are fairly uncertain.

> Fans complain

> Matt asks what Muse can do

> Fans say they could allow fans to pick songs for gigs

> Muse allow fans to pick songs for a gig

> Fans complain

I know this isn't the perfect way of doing it, but at least they're doing something. This is probably just the best they could come up with at short notice. Maybe they will even ignore the people voting for hits, or use this as a trial run for a similar (but better) system in the future.

People will probably still complain whatever the outcome though.

Edit: and to people complaining that Dead Star, Muscle Museum etc aren't on there, it's clearly just the songs they've played this year. Bit odd that there's no Sunburn, but maybe they just forgot that one. All of this is assuming that the thing is even real obvs.

Edited by DifferentPerson

I know this isn't the perfect way of doing it, but at least they're doing something. This is probably just the best they could come up with at short notice. Maybe they will even ignore the people voting for hits, or use this as a trial run for a similar (but better) system in the future.

I love your optimism. I want to believe this. Or even that they've already decided on a rarity they're going to play and just put this out there for show. I'd even be ok with that.

This is probably just the best they could come up with at short notice. Maybe they will even ignore the people voting for hits, or use this as a trial run for a similar (but better) system in the future.

They already did a similar vote in 2010 that didn't do much because it was filled with standard setlist songs already. They had six years to figure out a new method. :LOL:

If the best they can do is take 1 minute to type out every song played on the Drones Tour so far, including two playback tracks and the drum and bass jam, then they *shouldn't* have bothered.

This smacks of putting on a show to shut people up.

You absolutely cannot tell me they didn't expect everyone to be voting for a song already on the setlist.

If no one votes for SMBH or Madness, will they drop them? There's clearly no interest for them, by their logic.

They already did a similar vote in 2010 that didn't do much because it was filled with standard setlist songs already. They had six years to figure out a new method. :LOL:

I knew about the 2010 polls... I'm just hoping that in those 6 years they've learned to filter the hits out of the results (although ideally they would just leave them out of the list in the first place)

I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THEY'VE LEARNED SOMETHING, OK :'(