I still can't see more than 100 comments, but stuff like Assassin and BH was really favored yesterday, but is now quickly losing out to the expected stuff. Resistance, TIRO, SMBH and Uprising.

You would hope Matt would look at it and say "wow, they didn't win, but considering I put my entire back catalogue of Greatest Hits on here... these rarer songs did REALLY well! I was wrong. Let's play one at every gig."

But, he's never going to look at it, is he?

Some employee is just going to text him the 'winner.'

I still can't see more than 100 comments, but stuff like Assassin and BH was really favored yesterday, but is now quickly losing out to the expected stuff. Resistance, TIRO, SMBH and Uprising.

You would hope Matt would look at it and say "wow, they didn't win, but considering I put my entire back catalogue of Greatest Hits on here... these rarer songs did REALLY well! I was wrong. Let's play one at every gig."

But, he's never going to look at it, is he?

Some employee is just going to text him the 'winner.'

yep yep

pointless

cba

Good choice.

Worth pointing out again that the poll doesn't actually specify that the top voted song will be the one that gets chosen. The wording seemed suspiciously vague to me, like "people can vote and a song will be chosen". That said, Butterflies isn't a too 'out there' choice so maybe Matt won't feel the need to veto it.

Apparently this is the current state of the poll

1- Butterflies(206)

2-Resistance(178)

3-Bliss(174)

4-Assassin(169)

5-Fury(159)

6-MOTP(125)

7-TIRO(113)

No reason at all that these cannot be all played at the same show. Only 3 are rarities, the others are staples or regulars.

And then again, that magic capacity was 5500 for the Swiss, but 1800 couldn't even get the US a comparable Psycho Tour.

I just remembered how when Webster got SS they managed to drop the Micro Cuts riff outro which had been played at all the UK gigs... because you know, they didn't want to alienate the casual American audience or whatever. Oh, Muse.

I give up on the world, what the fuck. Sometimes stuff makes me question why we have brains and ears.

Outside of this board, it seems pretty popular tbf. I feel like I've seen and heard a lot of people say it's among their best songs, I'm not even talking about casuals either. Not sure why here seems like the only place where the majority either think it's meh or outright hate it. Personally, I just think it's pretty boring.

Outside of this board, it seems pretty popular tbf. I feel like I've seen and heard a lot of people say it's among their best songs, I'm not even talking about casuals either. Not sure why here seems like the only place where the majority either think it's meh or outright hate it. Personally, I just think it's pretty boring.

Resistance got by far the best reception at one of my gigs, and the second best at the other.

It was really intense.

And didn't they not play it for a good portion of Europe?

I don't think they even played it at all the US gigs.

If someone even gives Matt a top five like that, though, shouldn't that be enough to be "oh, fucking wow, BH, Assassin, and fucking FURY... I was completely fucking wrong." ...?

If he fucks this up, I think we all need to cuss him out on Twitter again to get his attention and let him know his 99% shit is pure horse plop...

Apparently cursing is the only thing that gets his attention.

I just remembered how when Webster got SS they managed to drop the Micro Cuts riff outro which had been played at all the UK gigs... because you know, they didn't want to alienate the casual American audience or whatever. Oh, Muse.

Yes. That's why they did Execution Commentary instead.

2-Resistance(178)

I didn't realize Matt had 178 different VK accounts! ;)

Nah, j/k, I know it's actually a very popular song. Got one of the bigger reactions at the shows I attended too.

We're using social media in it's intended way, without being stalkerish or harassing. Sorry.

(We're also not violating the rules, by only discussing band's personal lives and opinions only in as much as they disclosed in interviews... :) )

Brexit is off topic so... :rolleyes: and discussing Instagram isn't violating rules lol

Brexit is off topic so... :rolleyes: and discussing Instagram isn't violating rules lol

It's part of three separate reviews/interviews with Matt about the tour, so I don't see why it wouldn't be as on/off topic on the Tour thread as Elle's or Matt's brother's Instagram...

Didn't imply you were breaking the rules, either, although Elle's personal IG could be an interesting conundrum for that, as she posts things that probably wouldn't be really welcome to the board, and even ones that out right break the rules here, including pap photos...

Hmmm.

Stop trying to police topics you don't like for some reason, and do what you're going to do. We don't have to agree with you, and sorry, but the majority don't.

And if Matt cared about people discussing his politics, he'd have kept his clapper silent about it in interviews, no?

On topic, am I the only one obsessively watching Dee's comment on reddit? :chuckle:

He's losing out a little to the first comment by a 6 point margin again, but there's a newer comment from someone else that's almost tied the original with 26!

"Beyond stupid to have huge singles and setlist staples as options to vote for. I've seen several bands do this, and then all the casuals vote for shit like Uprising and Madness so then the band goes "See? Nobody wants rarities."

I have no idea why this is so fascinating. :LOL:

People obsess and fight with each other over reddit downvotes, don't they? It seems like it would trigger a lot of people. Diabolical.

It's part of three separate reviews/interviews with Matt about the tour, so I don't see why it wouldn't be as on/off topic on the Tour thread as Elle's or Matt's brother's Instagram...

Didn't imply you were breaking the rules, either, although Elle's personal IG could be an interesting conundrum for that, as she posts things that probably wouldn't be really welcome to the board, and even ones that out right break the rules here, including pap photos...

Hmmm.

Stop trying to police topics you don't like for some reason, and do what you're going to do. We don't have to agree with you, and sorry, but the majority don't.

And if Matt cared about people discussing his politics, he'd have kept his clapper silent about it in interviews, no?

I like how you've been so hostile since ADL brought up Spiral Static. Kettle calling the pot black as far as topic policing goes.