I like how you've been so hostile since ADL brought up Spiral Static. Kettle calling the pot black as far as topic policing goes.

This has nothing to do with Spiral Static... Myself and a ton of people have said we don't think it's cool to try and involve family members in a stupid set list disagreement, whether it was making requests to Elle, or contacting Matt's brother about the petition, and for some reason you've continued to argue about it.

No one's said you guys can't talk about it, just that you'd be majorly crossing the line if you did it.

I mean, nothing's going to convince Matt to ignore, or even have distaste for, his "hardcore" fans faster than them continuing to find ways to act completely creepy and weird.

(and 39 upvotes on reddit for talking to family members being a dick move! lol )

I just remembered how when Webster got SS they managed to drop the Micro Cuts riff outro which had been played at all the UK gigs... because you know, they didn't want to alienate the casual American audience or whatever. Oh, Muse.

And then we got Township+Execution Commentary+Endless Nameless. Fair trade if you ask me. I had heard the Micro Cuts riff live before, hadn't heard Execution Commentary, so I was ecstatic.

I see contacting his brother as a bit over the line since he's not a public figure. Not quite sure how he got pulled into the whole Muse thing (or Matt's mom for that matter).

Elle is a public figure with 52,000 followers on IG and she's responding to Muse-related comments/tweets so I don't see the harm in a little #SpiraElleStatic hashtag or a couple comments on her IG (which will probably be responded to before it even became a "campaign"). The ones she responds to aren't being spammed or anything, so she's only responding to them on her own accord.

Also, I see it as a bit more casual since she's practically on tour with them versus a "Hey Matt, it's your brother, your fans keep asking about a petition?" phone call.

This whole "it's social media" argument is so idiotic. The telephone is for communicating, so it should therefore be okay for me to call Matt's family asking them for rarities, because it's commincating.

I just see it as we've been asking a guy for a favor for ages now, and he's ignored us. People kept asking, and he finally said 'no.'

I'm as upset about it as anyone, trust me.

I don't see how asking his girlfriend 'hey, can you ask this guy a favor for us? He told us no. Maybe make it seem like it was your idea.' Is the correct course of action here.

Just going to convince him he was right to say no in the first place, really.

As for the petition, I just find it more and more bothersome, tbh.

Who really thought that Matt needed to know that hardcore fans supported a rarities tour?

Do we think there's a single doubt in his mind that we would want that?

Seriously.

Putting it out and notifying the media does feel like they're just trying to back Matt into a corner and "hold him accountable."

Hopefully what comes out of it, is Matt learns to keep his mouth shut about things he's got absolutely no intention or possibility of following through with in the future, because he makes a real habit of it.

Regarding Resistance, at the show in Philly the crowd went pretty crazy for it, I was personally hoping for UD in that slot lol:rolleyes: although I scanned the crowd when Motp was playing and saw a decent amount of people singing along which kind of restored my faith.. I just assumed I was surrounded by Post resistance fans the whole show

Just remembered that I held a UNO sign throughout the whole gig in Hong Kong. Matt saw it before Uprising and rejected to play it. So pissed that he now tends to let people fucking vote for rarities.

I think I've seen Muse play an immediate request ONCE. Ever.

This entire argument is because he DOESN'T play rarities or listen to requests.

I think we all agree with that, but let's try and be reasonable with what we expect...

Radiohead is pretty far from mainstream, and knows their followers actually listen to the music.

I think it's safe to say Muse not playing one or two songs for the fan base and not the masses is a rather dick move, but asking them to play the Zepp set at an arena or a super rare song off a sign in the audience is too far.

Not being reasonable in our requests is what helped get us this VK poll disaster.

I think Matt would have been more hard pressed to argue against playing one song vs people asking for Montreux every night or having fans pick the whole set list.

Whether you like their music or not, Radiohead are the perfect example of a big band aging right imo. They had some crazy huge singles and success but pretty quickly stopped catering to or relying on it when they realised it didn't really make them happy. From then on, they generally made and played what they wanted, weeding out the people just shouting for Creep or other hits. Now they've ended up building a super solid fanbase, most of whom are at least open to new stuff if they don't know all of them already, whilst still being able to sell out arenas and have cool productions. Best of all, they seem happier than ever because of it (<3), despite going for 23+ years now.

Only cause for complaint might be the prices :chuckle: But, even then, they generally put in quite a lot of effort to make it worth it.

In a dream world for me, that's the route Muse would've taken but I think they're well past that point now.

They're still cheaper than Muse, aren't they? Tickets in Paris and Amsterdam were €60.

Can't remember what Muse's ticket prices were outside of England and the mental South American ones but iirc they varied a bit. I seem to remember them actually being quite cheap in some places. Cheaper than their most expensive ones though, yeah.

Radiohead basically stick to this template every night and rotate 5-8 songs, approx.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/sittertobel-st-gallen-switzerland-bff8d82.html

It is just about perfect. Bang on two hours a night. Everyone gets a fair rub of old and new.

And even then, that's shorter than the last tour, right? IIRC, they were doing like 28 just a few years ago.

And even then, that's shorter than the last tour, right? IIRC, they were doing like 28 just a few years ago.

The TKOL tour was basically this length, 24 songs. I think only Bonnaroo 10 years ago and a few others in previous tours were that long.

Whether you like their music or not, Radiohead are the perfect example of a big band aging right imo. They had some crazy huge singles and success but pretty quickly stopped catering to or relying on it when they realised it didn't really make them happy. From then on, they generally made and played what they wanted, weeding out the people just shouting for Creep or other hits. Now they've ended up building a super solid fanbase, most of whom are at least open to new stuff if they don't know all of them already, whilst still being able to sell out arenas and have cool productions. Best of all, they seem happier than ever because of it (<3), despite going for 23+ years now.

Only cause for complaint might be the prices :chuckle: But, even then, they generally put in quite a lot of effort to make it worth it.

In a dream world for me, that's the route Muse would've taken but I think they're well past that point now.

Agree w you broadly speaking. I've seen them live 3 times and their setlist is very varied; lights sophisticated and stunning too. However 'Creep' is very beautiful and it wouldn't kill them to grit their teeth and play it; it's their best known song. When they played it in Paris a month or so ago the audience went wild; yet they hadn't played it for 7 years. I doubt many people go to a Radiohead concert who don't really know and like their stuff, I don't think they have much of a 'poppy' fanbase, unlike Muse.