I knew about the 2010 polls... I'm just hoping that in those 6 years they've learned to filter the hits out of the results (although ideally they would just leave them out of the list in the first place)

I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THEY'VE LEARNED SOMETHING, OK :'(

I want to believe, too. :( I want to believe. :'(

Thanks!

I was able to go to the page without signing in so checked it out myself too. People voting like 5 times for different songs is stupid.

They really should have set this up on a dedicated site so that if you vote once your IP address is blocked from voting again.

Also tbf from looking through the comments the rarities are getting quite a lot of mention.

It also seems vk users LIKE TYPING IN CAPS.

So now it's a conspiracy to piss us off? Please, it's certainly stupid but do you guys think that they wake up in the morning thinking how they can anger their fans? That being said, yeah, what if a song that was always going to be played gets picked? Is it an extra slot? They're probably experimenting with this and may change the voting system when they see how well/badly it works. Impatient to see how it will turn out.

If they were going to filter out the staples, why would they have included them?

My best guess would be that they thought they'd be spammed with people saying "where's Starlight?!" Etc. And not including them would leave quite a short list if they're only considering songs they've played this tour. Maybe they wanted to make it look like there was more of a choice. Who knows what goes on in their heads though...

If a song that's a staple gets picked, they play it, end of story. They don't add another slot/song from the list that didn't win.

It doesn't need to be a "conspiracy" to be lazy, and intentionally rigged so the band can look like they're following through on something Matt said, but doing it in a way that doesn't actually change anything.

Matt's made it very evident he doesn't want to play rarities, or even CE or Bliss in public, and now he can follow through on what he said to fans, and still not do it.

So now it's a conspiracy to piss us off? Please, it's certainly stupid but do you guys think that they wake up in the morning thinking how they can anger their fans? That being said, yeah, what if a song that was always going to be played gets picked? Is it an extra slot? They're probably experimenting with this and may change the voting system when they see how well/badly it works. Impatient to see how it will turn out.

I don't think anyone suggested they're doing anything to intentionally piss us off (though it wouldn't be the first time they've trolled the hardcores a bit), more that it's potentially just a lazy way of getting out of the whole 'request tour/polls in the future' thing and another casual disregard of fan feedback. No one knows for sure 'cause we haven't seen it implemented yet, but it's not like pretty much the exact same thing hasn't already happened in the past.

Like I said, there's obviously a chance it could be a test/trial for something more in-depth in the future. I'm not ruling it out, I just doubt it.