What :confused: you think I'm back on the board because of Muse? Aw :)

I'd attribute it to either masochism or self-glorification. Or both. Maybe sadism too.

JJ, you and ADL were the biggest two upset that the questions about US setlists in the Q&A didn't get answered.

Well, Matt's answered it.

(And I rather wish he hadn't.)

The answer is unacceptable, imo, but I think now people need to stop going off the deep end.

The petition is too far, imo, and talking to family members and girlfriends because he's unwilling to change his mind is way, way too far.

It's literally social media. You can be social on social media. :rolleyes:

That's an awful argument, even by your standards :LOL:

I hope you picked up on how meta that was :happy: in all seriousness if we go by Jessica's argument then we're violating Matt the same way by sending him anything on social media ever. So I think mine holds up.

I hope you picked up on how meta that was :happy: in all seriousness if we go by Jessica's argument then we're violating Matt the same way by sending him anything on social media ever. So I think mine holds up.

Matt decided to be a public figure. His friends and family did not.

Making trying to USE them to get to Matt on par with, say, taking pap pics of his young son.

You could argue Elle is also public, and posts a ton about the relationship, but again, you'd be using her to try and get to him.

That's still pretty shit.

What are you going to say?

"Hey, why doesn't Matt play your favorite song for you?"

Pit them against each other?

I gotta say, the voting in the comments in VK is :facepalm:

Is someone really going to eliminate the ones that voted 100 times in thousands of comments.

And way to pit the fans against each other.

If this were my gig, I'd vote Bliss. It's my #2, but I'd consider Fury throwing my vote away.

Can imagine everyone jumping down my throat for not pushing for a "real" rarity.

Because it's already going on.

Matt decided to be a public figure. His friends and family did not.

Making trying to USE them to get to Matt on par with, say, taking pap pics of his young son.

You could argue Elle is also public, and posts a ton about the relationship, but again, you'd be using her to try and get to him.

That's still pretty shit.

What are you going to say?

"Hey, why doesn't Matt play your favorite song for you?"

Pit them against each other?

"Using" is a matter of perspective. The way you're painting it is as though we'd be making her life miserable.

But we're not talking about tweeting Matt. It's about tweeting his family and partner simply because we want the band to play certain songs.

EDIT: To Jon.

We might as well get Santa involved too tbh.

What :LOL: glad to see you haven't changed one bit.

I feel like saying 'hi, I don't care about you, but can you tell your famous friend to play us a rarity and look at our petition?' is over the line no matter what your perspective is.

These are real people. Strangers. Who have nothing to do with Muse setlists.

Matt doesn't want to communicate with us. Bugging his family isn't going to change his mind.

It's going to make us look like crazy people and justify his decision to ignore us.

People just aren't thinking logically.

Like... Do we really think Matt needs a petition to tell him the same fans he talked to about rarities on Twitter are really interested in rarities? He brought it up!

There's a real disconnect in that thought process...

Unless the intent was to get it in the media, and back him into a corner.

And that would be a pretty dick move.

I feel like saying 'hi, I don't care about you, but can you tell your famous friend to play us a rarity and look at our petition?' is over the line no matter what your perspective is.

These are real people. Strangers. Who have nothing to do with Muse setlists.

Matt doesn't want to communicate with us. Bugging his family isn't going to change his mind.

It's going to make us look like crazy people and justify his decision to ignore us.

People just aren't thinking logically.

Like... Do we really think Matt needs a petition to tell him the same fans he talked to about rarities on Twitter are really interested in rarities? He brought it up!

There's a real disconnect in that thought process...

Unless the intent was to get it in the media, and back him into a corner.

And that would be a pretty dick move.

Matt doesn't want to communicate with us... so he communicates with us. Sounds about right

Matt doesn't want to communicate with us... so he communicates with us. Sounds about right

If that's true, why bother trying to communicate with his family, and not just talk to him, though?

It's cool, we're not going to agree on this; I cannot be convinced family shouldn't be left out of something like song requests.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Change of topic:

Matt's recently stated he "very much cares" about politics. Do we secretly think he tailors setlists to how he feels about a country? I know we've felt that's true in the US for ages.

US: worst democracy ever. what a sham. everyone hates you. fuck off. we'll dangle CE and Bliss in your faces so it hurts when we take them right away

Canada: not perfect, but free health care, and PM is super hot. You may have the songs back we took from the US

UK: far from perfect democracy. too globalized. still better than the US. hometown. you may have all the stuff Canada had, and some TaBs and SSs thrown in there.

Japan: have absolutely no idea what your politics are, but got hella laid here once, and Asian girls are hot (nearly a direct quote, circa '00.) Zepp.

Switzerland: best democracy EVA! super raging boner for Swiss govt. (also 'nearly' a direct quote, '16) I am thinking of you when I touch myself to Uprising. Also Zepp.

It makes more sense than thinking CE and Bliss fell more flat in the US vs Canada.

And what does that mean we'll see in Russia, now...?

Change of topic:

Japan: have absolutely no idea what your politics are, but got hella laid here once, and Asian girls are hot (nearly a direct quote, circa '00.) Zepp.

Are you suggesting there was no personal growth and that a comment made SIXTEEN years ago by a boy in his 20s still represents his opinion on politics?

Change of topic:

Matt's recently stated he "very much cares" about politics. Do we secretly think he tailors setlists to how he feels about a country? I know we've felt that's true in the US for ages.

It's very funny 'cause I was considering that few months ago. Seems really crazy doesn't it ? Maybe policies of countries has some influences.

More seriously, I don't think I've ever seen enough politics from Matt to know his personal stances except on a few specific cases. Everything else has been some rambling that he probably regrets saying afterwards.

I would hope he doesn't actually take the politics of a country into account for how he plays an unrelated music concert.

Evidence from the past suggest he doesn't. For instance, they played Megalomania in Russia during the TR tour, the US was well served in terms of rarities during the 2nd leg of T2L tour, Japan has a history and their politics are broken, South Korea got a nice treat at this festival towards the end of T2L tour, and Brazil got MM.

Meanwhile, Sweden.

I think we can narrow down our issues to two simple problems:

- Matt's shape affected the performances, both vocals and back (less guitar)

- Their misconception that they cannot be successful and appeal to large audiences by doing what they are best at: rocking the hell out of their concerts

While it's hard to tell whether something can be done about the first one, I wish they'd realise the second point.

When Matt introduces a song as "requested by our harcore fans" (there was an inflection on the "hardcore" ) that makes me think he knows people there don't know it...

Otherwise wouldn't he say "requested by you guys"? Or just "our fans"?

It's hard to clearly make it out, but to me it kinda sounds like he actually says "... by our hardcore fans down there", as in on the floor (

).

Anywho, just skimmed through some of the votes, looks pretty well mixed actually.

And I don't get all the speculation on his politics as if he knows what's going on in the world any more than the rest of us. He just reads stuff and makes art about it, his songs aren't his opinions (let alone his setlists lol)

Edited by Gemsy