My m8 last night:

Muse really are the biggest pile of overbaked nonsense I've ever heard. If Queen was a souffle, Muse are the turd someone popped in your oven at 280 degrees and then left the dinner party.

Me: You sound like a fan!

:LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

And specifically, a muse.mu fan ;)

My m8 last night:

Muse really are the biggest pile of overbaked nonsense I've ever heard. If Queen was a souffle, Muse are the turd someone popped in your oven at 280 degrees and then left the dinner party.

Me: You sound like a fan!

:LOL:

:chuckle:

Shall we be expecting them down the front on the next tour?

Okay so they are keeping every gig within 15 songs

I think we just have to accept their gig length at this point tbh. If/when they do stadiums again, we'll probably see it pop back up to 20/22 songs but, other than that, 15-17 (18 at a stretch) is just their standard.

Yeah it'd be longer if they weren't committed to whacking out The Globalist at festivals. As much as I think it was the best track at Glastonbury, its still 12 minutes when the Drones outro is taken into account. That's surely a slot where 3/4 songs could go.

Maybe next tour it won't be an issue. Or they'd be daft enough to keep it. One or t'other.

Flow/structure > the actual songs in the set, to a greater or lesser extent.

Absolution tour flow :facemelt:. Guiding Light and UD were the death of flow.

Yeah the Absolution Tour had a very good flow, for the most part (not sure if it would've been better if Sing for Absolution was between Sunburn and B&H rather than after New Born, but that's a relatively minor quibble). To some degree, so did most Black Holes shows - HAARP flows very nicely, IMO.

The flow for most 2nd Law shows wasn't especially bad, but when both GL and UD were staples on the TR/T2L tours, it sapped the energy. Even moreso when, like on Unsustainable, they were back-to-back.

Muse cared about album flow on OoS and Absolution.

Hmmm... Absolution the album is a bit odd for flow. Seems to hop between slow or heavy at will.

Globalist being played at these outdoor gigs is taking up 2-3 songs spaces and I'm not sure it's really worth it at this stage

I was actually surprised by how well it seemed to go down in Paris but, yeah, if the band are so fussed about having a super energetic/involved crowd then substituting it for 2 extra potential crowd-pleasers seems like an obvious decision.

Hmmm... Absolution the album is a bit odd for flow. Seems to hop between slow or heavy at will.

Absolution's flow is pretty shocking if we're honest :LOL:

TIRO > SFA > Stockholm > FAWY, Hysteria > Blackout, TSP > Endlessly > TOADA > RBS. Ew.

That, and the production are the two major drawbacks that keep if pretty far away from Origin and Black Holes for me.

I was actually surprised by how well it seemed to go down in Paris but, yeah, if the band are so fussed about having a super energetic/involved crowd then substituting it for 2 extra potential crowd-pleasers seems like an obvious decision.

Absolution's flow is pretty shocking if we're honest :LOL:

TIRO > SFA > Stockholm > FAWY, Hysteria > Blackout, TSP > Endlessly > TOADA > RBS. Ew.

That, and the production are the two major drawbacks that keep if pretty far away from Origin and Black Holes for me.

Did it in Paris? Seems like an odd place, even if there's probably an attraction to having it in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. But yeah - I don't think its really a festivals song.

And yeah. The flow and production on Absolution are a bit weird. Not that it bothers me as much, mind - I'm happy to still have it above Black Holes by virtue of preferring the songs, even if I have a renewed appreciation for BHAR after playing it in full a couple of weeks ago.

Watching a very obviously dead girl get pulled out of a pit at a festival when I was young while her boyfriend screamed really soured me on the whole thing. It's something I never truly got over.

I'm extremely happy with our modern US crowds.

And I guess it bugs me sometimes that bands encourage people to get hurt.

Out of all the songs to skip on TR, choosing to skip only IBTY :noey:

Bitches be crazy.

haha :LOL:

a predictable inevitability that someone would say the opposite! IBTY too cheesy for me. Although I like some cheese.... (Soldier's Poem, Invincible, Unintended......) so there!! :LOL:)

Skip the first 9! Easier that way.

easier for what ...? :LOL: I was doing a workout! Easier workout for sure but I want to be fit ;)