"You should feel lucky that you're even able to see them" kind of fans are fucking cancerous.

But to some extent, they're effing right, we can't deny it.

Just think about Turkish fans who now won't be able to see them, even after years and years, because of the disastrous socio-political situation they're in the middle of.

(Some of them are mercilessly insulting the band because of this, but still.)

But to some extent, they're effing right, we can't deny it.

Just think about Turkish fans who now won't be able to see them, even after years and years, because of the disastrous socio-political situation they're in the middle of.

(Some of them are mercilessly insulting the band because of this, but still.)

Yes we can deny it. We're not lucky to see a band do their job. Music is a business, and Muse are letting us PAY for a product. We're not lucky, we're consumers. Muse aren't choosing to play for us out of the goodness of their hearts. They're making a living.

I do think it's silly to complain about Muse and keep going to see them live. But for me, I'm not gonna start paying money for what they're selling until they give me something I'm interested in. And I'm not saying Muse should give me what I want, btw.

I think we're quite lucky Muse tour as much as they do, when I think about it. I'm a huge Strokes fan, and if I ever see them in my lifetime I'll consider myself lucky... They rarely do anything. It would certainly be a real tick off of a list. With Muse, we get chances fairly regularly for the most part (excluding obvious places like Turkey, SA, or any country they don't go to).. But then again they are a band and really they kinda should tour I guess

I think we're quite lucky Muse tour as much as they do, when I think about it. I'm a huge Strokes fan, and if I ever see them in my lifetime I'll consider myself lucky...

I'd say the Strokes are a bit of an exception in that regard tbf. The most common release/touring schedule I see for reasonably mainstream artists is to put out an album every 2-4 years and tour accordingly. I wouldn't call us lucky for Muse fitting into that norm, more that we'd be unlucky if they didn't.

Don't worry, you're just... Wrong.:)

And besides, maybe if they toured less the gig themselves would be better. But probably not.

I would say it's lucky though, but it depends on your view of it. I'd say they play more gigs than their peers do (Coldplay, Foos, Strokes etc etc) and certainly tour more often - we could be lumbered with a small amount of gigs but as luck would have it, we like a band who tour regularly.

But id say we are still lucky to have the opportunity to go to as many as we could - I count myself very lucky that I've been fortunate enough to attend the shows I have since 2011... You may not get that opportunity with other acts. Not that it excuses a lack of quality

But id say we are still lucky to have the opportunity to go to as many as we could - I count myself very lucky that I've been fortunate enough to attend the shows I have since 2011... You may not get that opportunity with other acts. Not that it excuses a lack of quality

Yes (for those of us in Europe anyway) but best to stick to 'I' statements rather than 'we' statements.

ps re the Strokes.. saw them at Alexandra Palace back in 2003.. then at various festivals since then. Julian Casablancas is lazy as fuck. You really haven't missed much :)

Maybe this holds true in Europe, but certainly not everywhere. Muse has come to my state about every 3 years, which is average, but with each tour since TR they've been cutting way back, and this time I had to travel a significant distance at a significant cost to see them, and as they'll likely not come here again, will not see them again.

A different band, who put out their album at the same time as Muse, I've seen FOUR TIMES already on this album cycle, and will likely be seeing once more. And not because I've been travelling out of my way to see them, this is four separate tours.

First tour was after the lead single was released, but before the new album dropped. They played nothing from the new album but that single, and the gig was heavily skewed towards the first albums, and fan favorites.

One right after the album was big hits, new stuff, and latter album stuff, etc.