Can someone normal please just ask him about the one song thing? Without being a bastard or filming him or having already gotten a great set list?

I can promise the first two but I'm a bit unqualified for that last factor, does that mean I shouldn't ask him if I get the chance? :chuckle:

I'll probably completely bottle it tbh. I could barely ask for an autograph and squeak out 'good gig' at MA.

I can promise the first two but I'm a bit unqualified for that last factor, does that mean I shouldn't ask him if I get the chance? :chuckle:

I'll probably completely bottle it tbh. I could barely ask for an autograph and squeak out 'good gig' at MA.

Tell him the dildrone attacked you and you want compensation in more good gigs.

Tell him the dildrone attacked you and you want compensation in more good gigs.

"Rarities or I'll see you in court."

...working under the assumption that his facial recognition is terrible and wouldn't call me out for giving me Assassin the very next night :chuckle:

To be fair though, I would feel pretty bad bringing it up at a future club gig or on this supposed rarity tour, considering that's the only time I'm likely to meet them again. Guess I could just say something like "do you think you could keep just one or two on for normal gigs in future?" and then put forward people's general points depending on how he responds.

Pretty easy to handle the rarities thing, really. They've even done it before. Bring back the Newborn/Stockholm Syndrome roulette wheel, but replace it with rarities.

In fact, they could even play it up more dramatically under the Drones aesthetic:

Screen fades in to reveal a military style drone display with tactical readings. Drone spots, say, 8 targets on the ground, each with a song name next to them as an ID tag. Drone locks on and fires missiles at the 8; all but one are destroyed, and the last one standing is the song that gets played. It's even poetic for this forum, because we kind of feel like they're destroying their deep cuts anyway.

Set the 8 to be rarities / rarities nowadays... something among: Citizen Erased | Assassin | Butterflies and Hurricanes | Micro Cuts | New Born | Apocalypse Please | Hyper Music |Futurism |The Groove |Agitated | Dead Star ...and you've got something that would have people buzzing.

I still find it mad that The Groove is an available rarity in 2016.

y the fook can't we get easily

just once :(

I think its slightly mad I got to see The Groove before Butterflies and Hurricanes, or have seen it more times in the last 4 years than Citizen Erased.

Yeah Easily would be superb.

The Turkey gig (next week?) is cancelled.

Is this official?

I saw Two Door Cinema Club cancelling an Istanbul festival last week due to the turmoil that went on there last weekend, and their reason was it wasn't a right time to host gigs in Turkey. So I did wonder if this might happen.

EDIT: Nevermind just saw.

The Groove seemed to be one Matt liked personally, like Fury.

This whole ordeal has made me really worried about the bands future, tbh.

Matt's hit an all time high with freaking out over crowd reaction, and I'm afraid this will be the point where he really does ditch albums in favor of single song releases.

And that he'll make sure every one of them is a potential Starlight, so there are no more "deep cuts" or songs to get bad reactions.

Nothing but hits, just the way he likes it, and damn any integrity.

I mean, he's already admitted to intentionally making lyrics accessible, and the faux political anthems have been around for years, so it's already sort of started.

And Jobby, you're fine. Just give them the big eyes and tell them how much one rare song changed your life. Just one!

Then ask why they wouldn't want to do that for all their fans because it's awesome.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Before Easily comes Exo-Politics. :mad:

I mean, I wouldn't exactly complain, ngl.

If I ever get the chance to ask make another request though, I think I'll ask for Invincible. Be interested in seeing Matt's reaction to that, considering it was his favourite Black Holes song once upon a (magical) time. I'd ask for COD but, let's be honest, that's a straight 'lolno'.

I don't think they were taping Matt on the sly; they frame him a couple of times when he's looking at the phone.

I think they were just more concerned with audio, and they weren't holding it up to his face.

Doing that to "blackmail" him in some way, to hold him accountable for what he says, is shitty. But he didn't say anything positive in that manner anyways...

I sadly do understand the desire to have a record, though, because how many people called me a liar to my (digital) face for the info I heard?

Incidentally, I never showed proof when I had it because Matt might not have been aware he was recorded at the time, as we weren't sure he understood he was being interviewed and it wasn't just a chat.

Were those the same French fans that attacked people at the Psycho Tour, btw?

:LOL:

I'd rather be deprived of something than be disappointed once I actually get it after 3 years of waiting.

Also the fact that every single one of those people replying to that tweet is European really irks me. If I were European, I wouldn't have a goddamn thing to complain about.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

A pretty sad analogy. If missionary was all I'd get out of sex, I'd be pretty disappointed too. Especially if my partner had no problem being kinky with our Asian roommate.

I'd gladly take missionary after Oakland being the equivalent of inserting the tip for 5 seconds then leaving.

Dom Anderson just replied to that tweet so they're definitely seeing it. Wish something a bit less European-centric were being seen by the guys because you know, there are actual legitimate complaints to be made about the setlists when you're not getting constant rotations/rarities/six night residencies and stadium tours.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

To be fair, I read that tweet as effectively being a tl;dr version of the ol' "you should be grateful they're even playing for you" so I don't see much positivity behind the band and crew seeing or retweeting it. In fact, if anything, I take that as a bad sign.

Let's be honest, if Europe was missionary, the US tour was a bored stop and go hand job from someone watching TV who leaves when the show is over, before you've even gotten a full erection.

And then later your friend texts you from Europe to complain that they got laid but it "could have been better," and they have a friend in Japan who got anal.

To be fair, I read that tweet as effectively being a tl;dr version of the ol' "you should be grateful they're even playing for you" so I don't see much positivity behind the band and crew seeing or retweeting it. In fact, if anything, I take that as a bad sign.

If that's the only sort of fan the band respects, I say let them have one another. When those fans get bored, because that sort of obsession doesn't typically last, then they can be left with absolutely no fanbase at all.

If we insist on the sex metaphor, if someone chatted me up (and sex was important for them) saying their partner wasn't willing to put in the effort to make sex better than "adequate" but that was okay because at least they were in a relationship... I'd remind them that they're better than that, and should find a partner who's willing to make them happy, since it takes so little effort to make a difference.

That blind sycophant-ary that's going on is just plain stupid. It's one thing to love a band's music, but it's another to project that feeling onto them so personally that they can do no wrong, and you're willing to accept them doing a mediocre job, or being downright lazy or disrespectful.

This band has just told you, multiple times, that you're not important enough to get one song on a setlist after all your brown-nosing... and you're OKAY with that, because... I don't even know why.

In the sex metaphor, I would call that an abusive relationship.

It's absolutely depressing, and I think I'm just getting the last of the sad out of me before I give up music altogether. :'(

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Australia is too expensive of a date. You get to watch youtube videos and jerk off

:LOL:

Genuinely so salty that they likely aren't coming here that I haven't listened to them or watched a live video of them in over 2 weeks. I'm so petty.