My thoughts on tonight, this is the only gig I am doing this tour and as a result I left tonight feeling slightly shafted. I don't think the setlist was too poor overall, and I was thrilled to get CE. I've seen SS 4 times now, Hysteria 3 times and UD 3 times. I'd really have loved to get Map, or TAB would have been a dream. I probably sound like some spoiled little brat, but not all of us can afford multiple gigs per tour, so when you get a meh setlist it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. What annoys me the most is I begrudgingly bought tickets to this gig because back when this gig was announced there wasn't a Midlands date so I'd rather go to the o2 than Manchester. So not only would I have bought a ticket to Birmingham instead if it had been announced at the same time, but I would have also got a setlist that I would have preferred. I don't enjoy setlist lottery!

Also, the crowd was very poor around where I was stood on the barrier. I noticed the opposite side looked a lot more lively, so maybe where I stood was just bad luck too.

Couldn't knock the layout of the stage for view though, I loved the view.

I rarely post on here, but I'm genuinely pretty sad after this gig and it has put me off buying tickets a little in the future. I might wait until last minute to buy them instead, then I can get a closer gig and a better setlist, all for less money!

So... my two cents, having come out of the gig-

- the scale of the stage, and how it's used, really are impressive. It has a lot of little flakes, none overused, all adding to the overall impression. One of the best I've ever seen.

- the crowd was really impressive. the casuals loved plug in baby, starlight etc. On other songs like Handler or Citizen they were soaking it in more I think, which isn't bad either.

- moshing looked really difficult considering how condensed the GA areas are. Wasn't easy to see how much jumping was happening but there were a lot of fists pumping at least!

- the Setlist. dear god the Setlist. that was one of the worst on paper and easily the worst in person. Saved only by Citizen for me on uniqueness (Handler, Mercy and a few other staples are good but I'm gonna see them four more times - the rotational songs are what I'm judging this on)

- band was on top form. Bellamy struggled a bit on all the predictable highs but being fair I've never heard him nail Stockholm and I'm not too bothered whether he hits madness or whatever, considering how bland the song as a whole is in that case. Musically, couldn't fault them.

- hullaballoons were fun during (I think) starlight. Nice moment of crowd/band fun.

- is it just me or does the merchandise always look awful? I wouldn't wear any of it. Can't think of any time I would, either. Very weird.

Very good crowd

Rather bad set

Matt throwing his guitar around during Reapers

Dom Lösung bis Drum Stick during the Reapers solo

Very good crowd (should be mentioned twice)

Edit:

Matt sounds autotune-ish in Mercy...

Edited by blubb0r

Very good crowd

Rather bad set

Matt throwing his guitar around during Reapers

Dom Lösung bis Drum Stick during the Reapers solo

Very good crowd (should be mentioned twice)

Edit:

Matt sounds autotune-ish in Mercy...

SS, CE, Reapers, PiB, Hysteria... hm. Bad? Nah.

SS, CE, Reapers, PiB, Hysteria... hm. Bad? Nah.

I'm a bit surprised by the negative comments about the setlist. I came out of the gig feeling quite lucky that we got a decent set compared to some of the recent ones! We could quite easily have gotten Resistance and Feeling Good in place of SS and CE!

I'm a bit surprised by the negative comments about the setlist. I came out of the gig feeling quite lucky that we got a decent set compared to some of the recent ones! We could quite easily have gotten Resistance and Feeling Good in place of SS and CE!

I think that would have officially pushed me over the edge and I would have cried actual physical tears.

I was grateful for CE and I can see why people would think it a good setlist, though I'd have preferred seeing some songs I haven't seen at almost every gig I've been to.

Okay...you're right - a setlist with CE and SS is usually never a Bad one

But the Madness - UD - JFK - Interlude Combo somehow killed the atmosphere... and Smartphones - Smartphones everywhere

The setlist isn't Bad. But this passage is just pure shit and took the gigs dynamic

I think that would have officially pushed me over the edge and I would have cried actual physical tears.

I was grateful for CE and I can see why people would think it a good setlist, though I'd have preferred seeing some songs I haven't seen at almost every gig I've been to.

Perfectly valid sentiment/comment. I'm glad there's some normalization of setlists in Europe, although Take A Bow not being a staple as it seemed is unfortunate for you all.

Okay...you're right - a setlist with CE and SS is usually never a Bad one

But the Madness - UD - JFK - Interlude Combo somehow killed the atmosphere... and Smartphones - Smartphones everywhere

The setlist isn't Bad. But this passage is just pure shit and took the gigs dynamic

Yeah I agree. They need to interject some life into that progression of songs, it was pretty dull when I went too.

Having gone with a few friends tonight one described feeling apathetic towards the band, none of us thought the show was bad, it certainly had its highlights, we've seen them 4 times and the feeling is its a mistake to go to album tours. We did actually not bother with the 2nd Law Tour.

The Handler is immense live, the production overall is fantastic, but I didn't feel it topped previous shows I've been too, I guess the setlist had a lot to do with that, weird middle section of the gig, happy to get SS, wish starlight would get dropped, I still think mercy is awfull.

I'm probably getting old and grumpy here...I realise people are allowed to stand in *seated* in the o2, I get certain songs are going to want to put you on your feet, but not all the time, I i swear there were 3 people a couple of rows in front of me just recording and watching through their phones!

I'm not going to stand up if the people behind me are sat, it's plain selfish.

My general rule is that I don't stand unless the person seated in front of me stands, even if I'd prefer to stand, just to be considerate.

Agreed. I am fortunate enough to be going to multiple shows (most of which are through last minute tickets at under face value) and for some of them I have bounced around on the floor. When I am seated I will sit, unless the person directly in front stands and I genuinely can't see around them.

And I may be one of those 'watching through their smartphone' but only because I was sharing the show with people who couldn't be there. And I hold the phone so it's not getting in anybody's way.

Set list comment - forever love CE, UD made me a little sad inside but the visuals are great, and strangely disappointed we didn't get Revolt as that's my 'time for the bathroom' song and I needed to go 😂

Perfectly valid sentiment/comment. I'm glad there's some normalization of setlists in Europe, although Take A Bow not being a staple as it seemed is unfortunate for you all.

Yeah I agree. They need to interject some life into that progression of songs, it was pretty dull when I went too.

Somehow Starlight-Feeling Good-Madness actually worked in Manchester, even if I wouldn't choose to have those 3 on the set. Map straight after helped, if it had been UD or Resistance then it would have revised my opinion.

Wait, JFK into Interlude into Hysteria is a real thing? If they're playing Stockholm, why the fuck aren't they playing Hysteria first and putting Stockholm in the JFK slot?

I'd at least understand if they were doing it when they had nothing to replace it, but Stockholm and Reapers are right fucking there.

JFK+Defector or nothing. Was absolutely pointless to have it. They really need to get rid of the interludes. Saturday night's set had Drones+Repaers+Drill Sergeant+Psycho. An interlude in the second song...

By the way, to those who went last night, how long did it take to get out of the venue and on to a jubilee line train? I want to get to Paddington by 23:03 and wondering if that's possible if they finish at 22:30

Somehow Starlight-Feeling Good-Madness actually worked in Manchester, even if I wouldn't choose to have those 3 on the set. Map straight after helped, if it had been UD or Resistance then it would have revised my opinion.

JFK+Defector or nothing. Was absolutely pointless to have it. They really need to get rid of the interludes. Saturday night's set had Drones+Repaers+Drill Sergeant+Psycho. An interlude in the second song...

By the way, to those who went last night, how long did it take to get out of the venue and on to a jubilee line train? I want to get to Paddington by 23:03 and wondering if that's possible if they finish at 22:30

Hi - you'll have to leave early to get to Paddington by then i'm afraid... I got to Waterloo at about half 11 last night and left straight after the encore........

Hi - you'll have to leave early to get to Paddington by then i'm afraid... I got to Waterloo at about half 11 last night and left straight after the encore........

Looks like I'll go for a jog when the harmonica comes out then :LOL:

I think a lot of us have become fussy and constant viewings of the pyscho tour/zepp/anything pre 2004 on YouTube has skewed our perception of what is a good show :ninja:

It was my third time seeing them and I was seated rather than standing, I've seen Emirates second night and Pyscho Tour Brighton before so I've had two great shows. Last night was in my opinion also a great show, it had enough heavier songs to make it exciting for me (didn't care about the loss of TaB though as I don't really like it that much, please don't crucify me!) while also including all the key tracks that first timers look forward too. Something that really did surprise me was for how many people this was their first Muse concert.

I do think SS should have been swapped with hysteria just to help with placing a little bit, but overall I thought it was a well balanced gig and was one heavier track (not Tab!) away from being perfect :)

Band were seriously on it and looked to be really enjoying themselves, Matt was at his best and with all the discussion of his dodgy vocals this tour I can honestly say their was only the odd hint on the falsetto of the handler but other than that he was awesome :)

Feel free to disagree this comment as I'm sure most of you will, just my opinion :)

You won't make it- we got to Waterloo at 11pm just in time for the train we needed. But we got out of the venue very quickly, so we're on the Jubilee line by 10.45.

Hm, setlist had its highs and lows yesterday imo. Low mainly being UD (at least it's hopefully out of the way now).

Welp, I did say tonight was gonna be the worst set. Still wasn't prepared for UD though, rotating that and TAB has gotta be the dumbest rotation they've done.

I kinda felt for you when the set was starting out exactly the same as the gig before (and knowing you're not too fussed about CE), and then the first change being UD...

Utterly excited to hear a couple of "good crowd" comments :D. Getting so pumped for later this week!

You won't make it- we got to Waterloo at 11pm just in time for the train we needed. But we got out of the venue very quickly, so we're on the Jubilee line by 10.45.

The last fast train is at 11:30 and there's some slow ones from Waterloo too so I should be ok getting back, just wondering how accurate google maps is!

Oh my word, to replace TaB with UD? That's my worst nightmare :eek:! I noticed with TaB it looked like it was a "secure staple" for the encore so I thought it may be cool to actually get that same encore (TaB, Mercy and Knights) when I go and see them in Glasgow but.. Damn.

I'll probs be fine regardless but that's a really shit rotation imo.

(I don't love Mercy, I just feel it's more of a live number, hence why I don't mind it. It's a bastard how they don't include Defector though D: )

Everyone dreams for Showbiz but I know that's not going to happen. TSP would be another one I dream to see!

I don't want UD, Madness or Panic Station tainting those lists haha! (I despise all those but Madness will find its way in). I also hate Dead Inside but that's part of the album so I'll accept

Like I said, I'll probs be happy with whatever they churn out but these "Unfitting Interludes" are silly, I'll give you's that!

I kid you not, it's a scripted part of the show.

During the Uprising intro, Matt walks down one catwalk, faces the center, sways to the music, waves his mic in the air... unzips his jacket, and claws at his chest. It happens.

First night I'd thought he was just hot, but he did it the next. Several girls in the crowd near me were looking forward to it, so it had clearly happened other times.

So, I thought he was doing it bec he was hot, and then repeating for continuity in the DVD, BUT last night I watched out for it and you are right... It's part of his Uprising strut!

I had a weird sense of deja vu! Going tonight and I know I'll be watching out for the THING

So, I thought he was doing it bec he was hot, and then repeating for continuity in the DVD, BUT last night I watched out for it and you are right... It's part of his Uprising strut!

I had a weird sense of deja vu! Going tonight and I know I'll be watching out for the THING

I noticed it last night too and he was pulling some bizarre facial expression while doing it. I laughed so much!