"Wahh they haven't played in Sweden for two tours, I have to hop on a plane which cost me less than a hundred dollars to get to their next six night residency"

At least if you traveled for a gig you'd get a good one. Want to trade places with me?

Your pissing contest about who has it worse than who is even more boring than Muse's latest set. Knock it off.

I think the "heaviness" thing hasn't quite been the issue; more so the fact that many gigs are strictly singles, and songs that have been played at every damn Muse gig since they were written. And the complete lack of a rarer, fan favorite song. If we're calling stuff like CE and Bliss rare now, sadly.

In that respect, Belfast was one song better than part of the US because of SS (which has been a staple up until this tour, so isn't as lose your shit worthy as like TaB or CE,) and on par with the ones that got the full length set including CE or Bliss.

The piano rotations have been terrible for Muse since '09, so I have a hard time counting that one.

Although special mention for rotating CE in the piano slot with Feeling Good.

I take less offense to the horrendous US sets because you could argue that we really don't know the old material like the UK does (although our crowds seem to react the same, nowdays,) than I do to the fact that the sets seemed more like a petty move on Bellamy's part to how he feels about playing over here.

And the fact that none of the shit worked.

I can see why you posted the Four Yorkshireman yesterday.

Maybe next tour Muse will play Guiding Light and Revolt back-to-back in a hole in t'road while the crowd has to suck cold tea from a rolled up newspaper.

I'd pay to see that.

or Neutron Star Collision fifteen times, for which you've swum the Atlantic there and back

One more complaint about last night, but this is no fault of Muses. The arena didnt hand out any water along the barrier. Really, really strange. I asked for water a few times and at first I was old it would come eventually and then I was told I'd have to leave the crowd and go outside to the bar for water. The complete opposite of Dublin where the security guy gave us water as soon as we went in and kept bringing over 6-7 cups at a time to me and everyone else around me at the barrier.

I'm saying that it's quite ridiculous to complain when the complaints are about a show like this. Great Absolution-era piano song. Heavy opener, two fan favorite rock songs. 1 track off Origin of Symmetry, nothing "bad" off the latest album and a bunch of fan favorites (though I'd argue Starlight can burn in the pits of hell at this point)

The only real problem I take with that list of songs is UD, there's no reason for that, especially after they've replaced it with Take a Bow.

Drones

Psycho

Reapers

Plug In Baby

Dead Inside

Isolated System (Shortened)

The Handler

Resistance

Supermassive Blackhole (w/ Voodoo Child intro riff)

Starlight (w/ Prelude)

Apocalypse Please

Munich Jam

Madness

Undisclosed Desires

Stockholm Syndrome (w/ JFK & Township Rebellion outro riff)

Time Is Running Out

Uprising

The Globalist

Drones (Reprise)

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia (w/ MWAH intro)

Despite the short length of the gig, that is at least comparable to the festivals with bigger/better visuals and The Globalist which is what everyone was expecting going into these arena shows.

People keep talking about it being a hit-based show but outside of Starlight/Time is Running Out/Undisclosed Desires/Madness/Resistance/Uprising and Knights (deservedly), where are they? That's 7/17. More than acceptable for arena acts, I'd only take issue with the show if the album material wasn't any good.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Seriously though, isn't Oslo like 5 or 6 hours away from Stockholm...?

6. 7-8 by train. But the issue with this idea that we can just "go to another country" when ours is cancelled should be quite obvious. We don't plan on our gig being cancelled, and getting a flight to Oslo with a few days notice, and then to find a place to stay...yeah, right.

6. 7-8 by train. But the issue with this idea that we can just "go to another country" when ours is cancelled should be quite obvious. We don't plan on our gig being cancelled, and getting a flight to Oslo with a few days notice, and then to find a place to stay...yeah, right.

Sorry, I was referring to a reference to my paper airplanes comment.

As for the distance, do we have anything to back up that even being slightly feasible of a timeframe for back to back gigs?

If I lived in Europe, and I knew they were doing these seriously unbalanced gigs, I'd probably still be a dupe and go to multiples, but last minute still wouldn't be possible for most people.

I really do feel bad for those that missed the T2L tour because of stuff like that, because it's looking like it was quite a quality peak.

I still can't see much difference with Belfast and most of the US, sorry. Versus Philly, for example, we got Map instead of SS, and just nothing in place of UD. So, one "fan fav" for another, and one boring single dropped.

Ok, dropping a song is a dick move.

Same exact set in DC, except CE added in. Net gain over Belfast. But yeah, not common in the US.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Sorry, I was referring to a reference to my paper airplanes comment.

As for the distance, do we have anything to back up that even being slightly feasible of a timeframe for back to back gigs?

If I lived in Europe, and I knew they were doing these seriously unbalanced gigs, I'd probably still be a dupe and go to multiples, but last minute still wouldn't be possible for most people.

Yeah I assumed, just wanted to add it to the discussion.

What do you mean? Sorry I don't understand the question.

"Wahh they haven't played in Sweden for two tours, I have to hop on a plane which cost me less than a hundred dollars to get to their next six night residency"

At least if you traveled for a gig you'd get a good one. Want to trade places with me?

No, I really REALLY don't want to trade places with you. :)

I'm saying that it's quite ridiculous to complain when the complaints are about a show like this. Great Absolution-era piano song. Heavy opener, two fan favorite rock songs. 1 track off Origin of Symmetry, nothing "bad" off the latest album and a bunch of fan favorites (though I'd argue Starlight can burn in the pits of hell at this point)

The complaints aren't just about the setlist though. They were jipped out of a promised fan-favourite, the setlist was a considerable step down from recent gigs (not outright awful, but still a big step down) and the performance was apparently pretty meh.

A shitty gig is a shitty gig, it doesn't matter if the ones you went to were slightly shitter.

I think the "heaviness" thing hasn't quite been the issue; more so the fact that many gigs are strictly singles, and songs that have been played at every damn Muse gig since they were written. And the complete lack of a rarer, fan favorite song. If we're calling stuff like CE and Bliss rare now, sadly.

In that respect, Belfast was one song better than part of the US because of SS (which has been a staple up until this tour, so isn't as lose your shit worthy as like TaB or CE,) and on par with the ones that got the full length set including CE or Bliss.

The piano rotations have been terrible for Muse since '09, so I have a hard time counting that one.

Although special mention for rotating CE in the piano slot with Feeling Good.

I take less offense to the horrendous US sets because you could argue that we really don't know the old material like the UK does (although our crowds seem to react the same, nowdays,) than I do to the fact that the sets seemed more like a petty move on Bellamy's part to how he feels about playing over here.

And the fact that none of the shit worked.

And then there's the Revolt/Reapers rotation which defies all logic anywhere they do it.

But indeed, it's not heaviness that's the problem. If they play RBS in place of a regularly played "heavy" song I'd be all for it.

I've never seen anyone hand out water at an arena show.

It's extremely uncommon now days (in the US,) and even becoming very rare in smaller venues, unless the band throws it out.

Possibly liability, as a ton of poor shits at Webster got mono from one another :chuckle: but likely just so they can charge you $6 for water in a cup.

Yeah I assumed, just wanted to add it to the discussion.

What do you mean? Sorry I don't understand the question.

Sorry, I'm multitasking.

The band was struggling to do back to back gigs that had less than 3-4 hours between them, and cancelled a pair, are they going to be able to schlep their shit to Oslo in time?

Sorry, I'm multitasking.

The band was struggling to do back to back gigs that had less than 3-4 hours between them, and cancelled a pair, are they going to be able to schlep their shit to Oslo in time?

Oh. Interesting :LOL:

And then there's the Revolt/Reapers rotation which defies all logic anywhere they do it.

But indeed, it's not heaviness that's the problem. If they play RBS in place of a regularly played "heavy" song I'd be all for it.

Unless we are talking about "heaviness" which I still disagree is the problem (I don't count Bliss and Map as heavy, but they are heavily requested fan favorites, for instance.) I think the problem is singles, and the generic, go-to songs that those fan favorites are rotated with.

If there's a heavy/pop difference here, it's only because the singles have been almost exclusively pop.

Uprising is a "rock" song (arguably) and I'd still trade it for a softer song that I hadn't heard at every single gig.

Anyways, what I meant, is Reapers/Revolt makes sense as a rotation, at least until it charted well, but that only happened in the US anyways.

I don't agree Muse should have to be up on the board's opinion that Revolt is shit. They probably like it.

One more complaint about last night, but this is no fault of Muses. The arena didnt hand out any water along the barrier. Really, really strange. I asked for water a few times and at first I was old it would come eventually and then I was told I'd have to leave the crowd and go outside to the bar for water. The complete opposite of Dublin where the security guy gave us water as soon as we went in and kept bringing over 6-7 cups at a time to me and everyone else around me at the barrier.

They just give out water at front row gigs over there?? I don't think that happens in the US (barring some festivals... when it's super hot).