Feeling Good

... maybe not

Damn, was gonna say Feely G but went with Eurasia 'cause I felt like it hadn't been played in a while.

Ah well, I sold my original ticket for this so I wouldn't mind a naff set tbh :chuckle:

Damn, was gonna say Feely G but went with Eurasia 'cause I felt like it hadn't been played in a while.

Ah well, I sold my original ticket for this so I wouldn't mind a naff set tbh :chuckle:

Same as London last week then, maybe... so MOTP, Hysteria & TaB in the 3 rotations by that theorem.

This is the first gig I've kept up with on Periscope for ages and god had I forgotten how bad Uprising's become live.

Not to sound too harsh but Matt really does have no stage presence without a guitar, no idea why he does it apparent from maybe the back thing. Takes all the substance out of the song when the frontman's just lazily walking around and barely looking at anyone.

That this is pure shit.

Remixes are shit.

I just saw New Order in Vegas and even though I've listened to their studio albums a billion times and I've seen them live before, it was new because they play their older stuff completely differently.

True Faith

Muse can clearly do the same. Look at how they've completely reworked Muscle Museum/Falling Down/Sunburn/Cave

I didn't go last night, I sold my ticket a few weeks ago and I am thoroughly glad I did. It's their job to entertain people, Matt wrote these songs so I'd half expect him to enjoy what he's doing. If he/they can't be arsed then maybe they should call it a day or stop playing as many dates.

Replying to this a bit late but it's not as if "being exhausted from being on tour" is an excuse for any of this considering it's been like this since the first dates of the US tour. Can't speak for what Mexico was like since I wasn't there.

Welp, got the rotations right (we're not counting that eurasia goof shh). Seemed like a meh performance from what I saw but I've felt shitty all day so maybe I'm just being miserable.

God that JFK + Interlude was horrible! :$

I actually think it could work quite well if the bass came in right after the "dissenters are silenced, not praised" line. Pointless transition when Interlude goes on for another 30 seconds though, might as well just scrap JFK at that point.

Looks like it Hysteria now

Oh good. So I called the lot.

With predictions like that I should put a bet on the National tomorrow. :p

This is the first gig I've kept up with on Periscope for ages and god had I forgotten how bad Uprising's become live.

Not to sound too harsh but Matt really does have no stage presence without a guitar, no idea why he does it apparent from maybe the back thing. Takes all the substance out of the song when the frontman's just lazily walking around and barely looking at anyone.

Yeah Uprising & Starlight with no guitar is still as ridiculous as it was when tried on T2L tours. I can see why it was fine for Follow Me & UD, but he's done great renditions with guitars for both, and now its just... meh.

I just saw New Order in Vegas and even though I've listened to their studio albums a billion times and I've seen them live before, it was new because they play their older stuff completely differently.

True Faith

Muse can clearly do the same. Look at how they've completely reworked Muscle Museum/Falling Down/Sunburn/Cave

I still reckon Undisclosed Desires' Jacque Lu Cont remix would be less of a chore live than the original version.

I actually think it could work quite well if the bass came in right after the "dissenters are silenced, not praised" line. Pointless transition when Interlude goes on for another 30 seconds though, might as well just scrap JFK at that point.

Yeah it is an intro+intro thing, which makes no fucking sense.

These setlists are making me feel like I'm sincerely wasting both time and money seeing this band five times next week.

It's more the performances for me tbh. I wouldn't expect much more than Map, Bliss, Psycho, Reapers and TAB at an arena show (sadly) but the gigs where the band looks disinterested are a bummer no matter what imo. Supermassive's one of my favourite things they've done but it sounds completely dead at this point, and Matt looks the same while playing it. Same for Hysteria and Uprising imo.

Edited by Jobby

Just got out of the Manchester gig - I enjoyed it whilst I was there, and the spectacle of the show was all there. But now, sitting in the car home, I'm not feeling the buzz I usually get after a gig. I dunno. It's not that I'm disappointed; just... underwhelmed, I guess.

It's more the performances for me tbh. I wouldn't expect much more than Map, Bliss, Psycho, Reapers and TAB at an arena show (sadly) but the gigs where the band looks disinterested are a bummer no matter what imo. Supermassive's one of my favourite things they've done but it sounds completely dead at this point, and Matt looks the same while playing it. Same for Hysteria and Uprising imo.

Well that for me is a result of the setlist problem; they have too many songs they depend on, and they all sound like shit live. SMBH, Starlight, Madness, TIRO, Uprising and KOC don't all need played - they could easily put SMBH and Starlight into a Black Holes Single rotation, put Uprising and KOC (and that FUCKING harmonica) into a Set/Show closer rotation, and put Madness in the bin, and then they'd have three slots to bring back fan favourites or even just lesser played singles or whatever. I think the really annoying thing is how relatively easy and obvious these changes are, and how little motivation there is to do even the first thing about it. But PIB, SS and Hysteria are all on rotation now so at least these things aren't necessarily sacred cows.

Amazing. Quite probably the best gig I've seen them at; and I got all the songs I wanted to see from the gigs im going to - Take a Bow , Bliss and Map especially. Performance doesn't come across any different to me then it's been in the past when live; and the crowd was BONKERS where I was. Idk if that came through or not - or if people in previous gigs just got a poor section

So so so so over the moon to have got those sogs mentioned, it means I can relax at the rest of the gigs having seen them:)

9/10

Edited by Rustyy

I hated that with LP and would even hate it more with Muse. Pretty sure we would still get 17 songs... at least LP played 25.

I saw the Carnivores tour expecting to hate LP. I'd always sort of thought of them as what's wrong with modern music.

Left extremely impressed. Even so, the "medleys" were the one negative point of the gig. They played multiple songs I would have like to hear, and then only played one chorus. Sucked.

However, they played a long as fuck set, had amazing energy and great crowd interaction, Shinoda smiled so damn much during the gig it was actually kind of weird, and never did they feel like they were just going through the motions.

And while they played mostly songs that I'd heard on the radio, they also played a good number of tracks from the new album, and stuff I'd never heard before.

And you know what? As not even a casual fan, but a doubter (maybe a hater,) I wasn't pissed off or bored during songs I didn't recognize.

In fact, my favorite song of the gig was one I had never heard before, and when I was looking for it online, I ended up listening to their entire catalogue, and even buying some of the albums.

Because that's what you should be doing at gigs; if you just play the 15 radio hits that all the "majority" out there wants to hear, that's the end of it. They get what they want, and they move on.

You go out there, you play some of those songs, you do a fucking good job, and play some stuff people haven't heard, you engage them, and get them more involved as fans.

(And make your older fans happy in the process.)

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Calling PIB, CE, Map, Stockholm and TAB for tomorrow night.

Revolt better pop up in London dammit. The Globalist being the only new Drones song I see would be depressing af.

Edit: Weird how they talked so much about being able to play every song from Drones and went on to play about as much as or even less from it than they did with the last two albums. 'Nother Muse logic I guess.

Edited by Jobby

These setlists are making me feel like I'm sincerely wasting both time and money seeing this band five times next week.

Considering the prices and apparent inconsistency of the set-lists and performances, no.

Hell, I'd argue that going once is a waste but that's just me.

Man, got the rough end of the rotations tonight. Luckily the crowd were fairly decent infront of matt at the start, I thought they'd be tame but we all had a blast. Bit gutted about the rotation though. Got seated tickets tomorrow but way too sore to try and swap them for standing again.

Can anyone with more setlist knowledge confirm, tomorrow will be PiB instead of Bliss, usoe or ap instead of Feeling good (urgh) and Stockholm syndrome instead of hysteria. Also maybe CE instead of feeling good or sth?

Can anyone with more setlist knowledge confirm, tomorrow will be PiB instead of Bliss, usoe or ap instead of Feeling good (urgh) and Stockholm syndrome instead of hysteria. Also maybe CE instead of feeling good or sth?

CE's rotated in the piano slot now.