personally really enjoyed the show tonight! I found I don't tend to dislike sets as much when I'm actually there. The band seemed to be having fun, and there was a funny moment when Chris was running up and down the stage with the audience knocking the balloons towards him so he could pop them. Having the three songs I wanted the most played was great, Bliss, Map and Reapers.

Great performance, 9/10. Only 9 BC there was a bit too much downtime.

I saw the Carnivores tour expecting to hate LP. I'd always sort of thought of them as what's wrong with modern music.

Left extremely impressed. Even so, the "medleys" were the one negative point of the gig. They played multiple songs I would have like to hear, and then only played one chorus. Sucked.

However, they played a long as fuck set, had amazing energy and great crowd interaction, Shinoda smiled so damn much during the gig it was actually kind of weird, and never did they feel like they were just going through the motions.

And while they played mostly songs that I'd heard on the radio, they also played a good number of tracks from the new album, and stuff I'd never heard before.

And you know what? As not even a casual fan, but a doubter (maybe a hater,) I wasn't pissed off or bored during songs I didn't recognize.

In fact, my favorite song of the gig was one I had never heard before, and when I was looking for it online, I ended up listening to their entire catalogue, and even buying some of the albums.

Because that's what you should be doing at gigs; if you just play the 15 radio hits that all the "majority" out there wants to hear, that's the end of it. They get what they want, and they move on.

You go out there, you play some of those songs, you do a fucking good job, and play some stuff people haven't heard, you engage them, and get them more involved as fans.

(And make your older fans happy in the process.)

LP plays the exact same set during a whole tour, not even one rotation, and here we are giving Muse slack even when they play different sets every night (not that they don't deserve it).

As a hardcore LP fan i'd prefer 18 full songs than 25 and 7 of them shortened, but i get your point as casual fan. Mike himself said production-wise it was their best tour and i must agree, even if there was 0 rotation song selection and show structure was spot on, something Muse can only dream about :LOL:

They are a great live band, too bad i have to travel abroad to catch them lol

Man, got the rough end of the rotations tonight. Luckily the crowd were fairly decent infront of matt at the start, I thought they'd be tame but we all had a blast. Bit gutted about the rotation though. Got seated tickets tomorrow but way too sore to try and swap them for standing again.

Can anyone with more setlist knowledge confirm, tomorrow will be PiB instead of Bliss, usoe or ap instead of Feeling good (urgh) and Stockholm syndrome instead of hysteria. Also maybe CE instead of feeling good or sth?

I'd say CE almost guaranteed for tomorrow at FG spot. Eurasia is gone for good i hope.

Thanks for the tips guys. Canny gutted like, but I've seen some good shows. Download, Manchester club show. It's always going to be hard to top those two in a row. Shit, I'll still get to see CE tomorrow.

Gotta remember there's still starving children in africa...

..who have only ever heard Madness!!

What an amazing concert, from start to finish and even during FG I had a blast, never thought I'd get to see TAB live, Bliss, Reapers, TH, MOTP, Hysteria, TG were all amazing, as was every other song. Can't complain at all, FG was he only walk spot but in a concept that got all those other songs in the set it is really such a minor criticism, and the band seemed to really enjoy themselves and they were absolutely on it tonight. Terrific gig

10/10

LP plays the exact same set during a whole tour, not even one rotation, and here we are giving Muse slack even when they play different sets every night (not that they don't deserve it).

As a hardcore LP fan i'd prefer 18 full songs than 25 and 7 of them shortened, but i get your point as casual fan. Mike himself said production-wise it was their best tour and i must agree, even if there was 0 rotation song selection and show structure was spot on, something Muse can only dream about :LOL:

They are a great live band, too bad i have to travel abroad to catch them lol

"Casual fan" was a bit too generous for me going into the gig. :LOL:

But no, I would have rather gotten less songs and had none of the partial ones. I found myself wondering if they couldn't have played the same number of songs, but just picked ONE from the mish mash to play.

And I've said before, I'd have absolutely NO problem at all if Muse played the exact same set every single night of the tour, as long as it was a balanced one like Birmingham, an exceptional one like Dublin, or even just one like DC.

Knowing you could get a Belfast instead of a Dublin is shit.

Knowing you're fucked in the US is shit, even if there won't be any real rotation.

Even if I had the money and time to go see a "real" Muse gig overseas, I'd be too damn wary of getting the shitty end of the stick.

Matt has proven he doesn't grasp the concept of rotation.

Nothing can make the older fans happy. Not the ones who post in this thread anyway.

Even though we've continuously posted what would make us happy, and that has not only been achieved by the band at many gigs, but sometimes even exceeded...? :erm: And we've admitted it would have made us happy?

What would make us happy is consistency, some small acknowledgement of fans that aren't merely "casual," and commitments honored.

What would make us happy is consistency, some small acknowledgement of fans that aren't merely "casual," and commitments honored.

Nope. I don't think so. The attitude that comes across is entitlement which wallows in an endless comfort zone of dissatisfaction.

Nope. I don't think so. The attitude that comes across is entitlement which wallows in an endless comfort zone of dissatisfaction.

I can tell you that you're wrong. Factually. But you will believe whatever makes you feel better, I suppose.

Acknowledging that Dublin and Belfast were worlds apart is not entitlement. It's criticism. And fair criticism.

As is calling Bellamy out for not following through on requests that he personally agreed to.

Some of us are upset about all of this because we actually LIKE(d) Muse and didn't want to be disappointed for all the money and time we put into these gigs.

Going to a gig shouldn't feel like buying a lotto ticket.

Thanks for letting us know what would and wouldn't make us happy, had a feeling I was just imagining coming away from my last 5 gigs satisfied.

Seeing as before the gig I had never seen Hysteria or SS, I would've preferred SS tbh, but the performance of Hysteria was damn good and we got Vuilstamen :awesome:

Don't know what Vuilstamen is but yeah, Hysteria was good and Map and The Handler was really good, with those puppet visuals.

I preferred the Psycho tour, as the surprises they threw in were so exciting and being in a smaller venue is nice, but tonight was pretty good still.

Don't know what Vuilstamen is but yeah, Hysteria was good and Map and The Handler was really good, with those puppet visuals.

I preferred the Psycho tour, as the surprises they threw in were so exciting and being in a smaller venue is nice, but tonight was pretty good still.

The Vuilstamen riff is that riff they played straight after Hysteria.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see them on the Psycho Tour :( although tonight they exceeded my expectations

Hopefully there'll be a DVD release of this tour

Nothing can make the older fans happy. Not the ones who post in this thread anyway.

When UD is being Rotated for Take A Bow...

When performances are half-arsed...

When band-members say they'll play songs at certain shows and then don't...

The issue is with the band, not the fans.

We pay money to see them and, by your logic, we should shut up and accept whatever shit they attempt to shovel down our throats. Fuck that.

It's like people aren't allowed to have an opinion.

I can tell you that you're wrong. Factually. But you will believe whatever makes you feel better, I suppose.

Some of us are upset about all of this because we actually LIKE(d) Muse and didn't want to be disappointed for all the money and time we put into these gigs.

1. I don't need to feel better. I don't feel bad. I feel good. I've enjoyed the gig I've been to on this tour a lot, came out on a high. Even though the set-list departed considerably from that which would be my personal choice. And I'm not a casual fan.

2. I still LIKE Muse and I'm not expecting to be disappointed for the 4 gigs I go to next week either.

3 If you LIKE(d) Muse this implies that you no longer like them. Why not just move on?

Thanks for letting us know what would and wouldn't make us happy, had a feeling I was just imagining coming away from my last 5 gigs satisfied.

You hated them, and you know it. And even if you like your next five, you're going to lie and say you hated them so we don't all poke fun at you. :phu:

I'm sure someone will fact check me, but I don't think I even really bitched about how bad Philly was for a good deal of time after I went. I know for a fact I talked a bit about how much I enjoyed the setlist at DC, but I also felt weirdly ashamed that I'd gotten the best gig of the tour on such a massive string of major coincidences, and got the CE request that others didn't, so it felt weird talking about it.

Hands down the best setlist of the US tour, band had good energy, and the only thing I could criticize was how the drones looked like it was the last gig of a major tour, not the first leg. Suuuuuuper shabby.

But I enjoyed it rather much, and the setlist wasn't nearly as good as most or many of the European ones. So I can clearly be made happy with much less than Muse is actually sometimes giving.

It wasn't until Matt snubbed the US crowds in that interview that I got really bitchy about the whole thing. (Other than the crappy 360 stage... which did turn out to be problematic.)

Being an utter cunt to all your fans in a country like that is a bit of an issue. And confirmed we really WERE being punished with our setlists, which I'd really always hoped I was overreacting about.

And, as all subsequent crowds have proved we didn't deserve it.

Just got out of the Manchester gig - I enjoyed it whilst I was there, and the spectacle of the show was all there. But now, sitting in the car home, I'm not feeling the buzz I usually get after a gig. I dunno. It's not that I'm disappointed; just... underwhelmed, I guess.

This is a pretty good description, actually. While after Philly I was really upset and disappointed, and there was a yelling match in the hotel afterwards about going to DC or not, I enjoyed DC. Quite a bit, and not just in comparison to how utterly crappy Philly was.

But I did eventually remember, when the CE glow wore off, that when I'd left the Denver T2L gig, which had a setlist I enjoyed a great deal less, I was teary as well as happy, having seriously enjoyed myself and being sad that it was over. It was really emotional.

Even DC wasn't like that for me.

Maybe because the gigs just don't feel as personal? I dunno.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

3 If you LIKE(d) Muse this implies that you no longer like them. Why not just move on?

Because, as previously stated, Drones is my favorite Muse album since '04. By a wide margin.

I actually enjoyed one of the two gigs I went to, although not quite as much as previous tours. I will admit Muse's increasing theatrics aren't to my tastes, but it doesn't diminish my love of their music.

You can love a band, but still be critical of aspects of it.

Saying you love all Muse songs and gigs because they're Muse, for instance, I believe makes you less of a fan than someone who actually invests some thought into WHY they like things, and not forcing themselves to like all of it.

But it's pretty hard to keep loving a band when one of their members is openly disrespectful to his fans.

Especially when you had an emotional connection to the band's music.

I'm sticking around because I'm conflicted, bored, and secretly hoping I'll snap out of it like I did in '12. But it's looking less likely.

Which is a damn shame, as, again, I fucking love Drones.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Because, as previously stated, Drones is my favorite Muse album since '04. By a wide margin.

I actually enjoyed one of the two gigs I went to, although not quite as much as previous tours. I will admit Muse's increasing theatrics aren't to my tastes, but it doesn't diminish my love of their music.

You can love a band, but still be critical of aspects of it.

Saying you love all Muse songs and gigs because they're Muse, for instance, I believe makes you less of a fan than someone who actually invests some thought into WHY they like things, and not forcing themselves to like all of it.

But it's pretty hard to keep loving a band when one of their members is openly disrespectful to his fans.

Especially when you had an emotional connection to the band's music.

I'm sticking around because I'm conflicted, bored, and secretly hoping I'll snap out of it like I did in '12. But it's looking less likely.

Which is a damn shame, as, again, I fucking love Drones.

"Saying you love all Muse songs and gigs because they're Muse, for instance, I believe makes you less of a fan than someone who actually invests some thought into WHY they like things, and not forcing themselves to like all of it."

I don't do this. I don't like all Muse songs. (eg Madness GL NSC). I'm delighted TAB has reappeared. It's a favourite all timer for me. I've enjoyed some concerts more than others. I missed PIB at the O2. I don't force myself to like all of it.

But I consider myself lucky to be able to go to as many gigs as I do. And I come on the board occasionally to chat really, about the songs, the albums, the staging, the crowd etc but there is SO much negativity on here, eg complaints about being shafted if one song appears rather than another, as if a v.v. small group of fans knows best what the setlists should be.

Although the setlist was inferior I far enjoyed tonight by a long way. The crowd were so much better. I can't wait to get second night syndrome in GA tomorrow!

Manchester crowds know how to have a good time! I'm hoping the crowd will be better for the O2 next week also. Monday and Tuesday were the originally advertised dates so maybe they'll have the keenest fans. Last Sunday's O2 was the fifth night put on sale, this may have contributed to the relative quietness.

Also, you could tell that the band enjoyed it more too because of the crowd. I personally thought they seemed pissed off last Saturday.

It can't all be because of the crowds; there was no discernable difference between the crowds in Philly and DC, but the performance was miles apart.

The crowd might have been louder in Philly, actually.

Could it possibly be that the crowd is responding better when the band is more "on" and are getting songs they're excited about or are heavier? :chuckle:

If it's not, I stand by thinking it's sad that the band wouldn't be professional on stage because of how they perceive the crowd. :(

btw has anyone noticed the shitty bass tone for Uprising? It was killer last tour.

I found myself really tuning out during Uprising in general. I was okay with the no guitar thing in theory, but Matt's posturing is uncomfortable and obvious during the song, and it was rather offputting.

I didn't think the visuals fit with it at all, either. Someone in the crowd asked if they were supposed to be playing Revolt.