It's probably too late to complain about the excessive cost of tickets for this tour but we could all bombard Dom Anderson with tweets asking for a stripped down show in large venues next time so everyone who wants to see Muse can afford to see them.

I'm just happy that my daughter doesn't want to come with me this time. Last time she paid for her own ticket as she wanted to stand and I can't stand but we went to London the day before (it takes me 24 hours to recover from even a two-hour journey) and two nights in a grotty hotel cost £300.:eek: This time I'll be able to afford two nights just for me in a decent hotel and to travel on the train instead of the bus. I'm also hoping to get a seat near the front instead of a wheelchair space in the top tier. I was at the front on the wheelchair ramp at the Newport Centre and I felt like I was part of the fun standing crowd.:D I want that experience again. I don't care if the sound is lousy and as for looking at their backs for half of the gig, they all look as good from the back as they do from the front! :stongue:

Blimey that's a fucking jip.

EDIT: Must say I thought that interactive "MUSEum" thing sounded hilariously cringeworthy. But yeah, the principle is pretty bad, and that's before the ridiculous early GA is added.

Also, they said in the thread for Berlin that ticket prices are about £45 with exchanges. Which begs the question as to why UK gigs seem much more expensive.

Edited by forevermusic

I'm also hoping to get a seat near the front instead of a wheelchair space in the top tier. I was at the front on the wheelchair ramp at the Newport Centre and I felt like I was part of the fun standing crowd

There are wheelchair spaces in front of block 101.This is adjacent to the floor standing area, just a bit higher than those who are standing on the arena floor and in front of about 40 rows of people, when you count both the lower and upper tiers. There are no rows in front of this area. All the tiered seating faces 'in' towards the arena floor, and therefore will face, roughly, the central stage.The other thing that you might want to consider is that many people in the seats will stand up, and block your view unless you stand up too. Good luck.

Well, I suppose I'm in a slightly different position to the rest of the fan base. I hope my sig shows that I have been with Muse since the very beginning and am a huge fan.

Luckily, now I'm 45 and with a partner, no kids, I can afford this and am happy to pay it. Hell, I would go VIP if it wasn't both of us.

I agree, though, it does suck for the younger and upcoming fans. And that's a great shame.

If they play Animals on this tour I'm actually gonna lol.

Aye there would be a real absence of irony if that one appeared.

Meanwhile, 2 nights in Paris have been announced, which at the moment look like the opening of the European Tour. But this tour does seem weirdly spread out - late Feb/early March, then late March/early April, then May and June tours, with no real connection between.

Meanwhile, 2 nights in Paris have been announced, which at the moment look like the opening of the European Tour. But this tour does seem weirdly spread out - late Feb/early March, then late March/early April, then May and June tours, with no real connection between.

Very odd, but makes me very hopeful that there'll be plenty of additional gigs added 'due to popular demand', or such like.

Unless the scale of the show means they'll do little batches, and then use the time inbetween two transport everything.

Very odd, but makes me very hopeful that there'll be plenty of additional gigs added 'due to popular demand', or such like.

Unless the scale of the show means they'll do little batches, and then use the time inbetween two transport everything.

Well, there's back-to-back gigs in Berlin and Prague, so whatever they have, they can transport it overnight and set it up in a new venue. Same with Dublin and Belfast, provided they ever confirm the latter.

At present it seems to be a pattern of separate legs in 3-7 shows, with gaps in for the unannounced Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland gigs. But its a curious one because they've done arena tours without pausing that cover more venues. Maybe the trick is that the price is higher because they're doing fewer venues and shows than on the 2nd Law and Resistance arena tours, which means its higher to compensate. Least that's what comes to mind.

Can people give me some input on these locations, please? :happy:

(sound quality most importantly, if known any of these also: location, accessibility by car/train/bus/... anything else that could be useful)

I went to a festival at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany a few months ago, and it's a decent venue. It's pretty huge, and the acoustics were fairly decent. Although that was with bands playing at the front, on the stage, so I have no idea what it's be like with Muse in the centre.

Also, if you do decide on Cologne, try and explore the city too, there's some lovely places. The Cathedral is incredible!

Cologne is great when it's about accessibility by car and train but the sound quality isn't the best..

Definitely seconded on accessibility, my friends and I had no issues getting there ourselves. Although I didn't find the sound quality too bad. Although the entire weekend is pretty much a blur to me now...

Maybe the trick is that the price is higher because they're doing fewer venues and shows than on the 2nd Law and Resistance arena tours, which means its higher to compensate. Least that's what comes to mind.

Or make it appear that way, sell out 18 (currently listed gigs), and then release about 30-40 more dates at the same price, thus making a bucket load more money ;)

Fuck, if there's no meet and greet with the band, then the VIP packages are a complete farce! Not that it isn't way over-priced anyway. Mind you, I did notice this included in the package:

"Invitation to an exclusive VIP pre-show party in the Starlight Lounge with complimentary snacks and a cash bar"

Maybe the band will attend that before the gig? At least there's complimentary food there. Still doesn't justify it though.

As for the ticket prices generally, isn't it up to the promoters to set ticket prices for gigs? If so, then wouldn't they be to blame, and not Muse? Although, I'd be surprised if the band had nothing to say. Sadly, I know a few people willing to pay the asking price for these gigs. Mind you, I've only just got a job again, and I have low hours on my contract, so it wouldn't be sensible for me to buy a ticket. I've seen them twice this year....

Bet I'll cave, and end up buying a ticket anyway. :p

Or make it appear that way, sell out 18 (currently listed gigs), and then release about 30-40 more dates at the same price, thus making a bucket load more money ;)

Most likely, yes, and certainly shit like VIP passes that will almost certainly be complained about is for cash.

But it was pointed out that if you're at the kind of stadium level, you can make more tickets cheaper for stadium shows because you're selling more tickets so can afford to take that hit. That did look to be true given a standing ticket on the arena tour for T2L was more expensive than a standing one for the stadium on that same tour.

Then again, maybe I'm just gutted I wasn't old enough to go back in the Absolution era when arena tour tickets cost £18. :(:chuckle:

Fuck, if there's no meet and greet with the band, then the VIP packages are a complete farce! Not that it isn't way over-priced anyway. Mind you, I did notice this included in the package:

"Invitation to an exclusive VIP pre-show party in the Starlight Lounge with complimentary snacks and a cash bar"

Maybe the band will attend that before the gig? At least there's complimentary food there. Still doesn't justify it though.

Very doubtful. I seem to remember one or two people paying for the VIP package on the T2L Tour and being disappointed there was no meet-and-greet. Pretty sure no part of it has anything to do with meeting the band, they'll be doing other stuff while the pre-show thing is going on.

I went to a festival at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany a few months ago, and it's a decent venue. It's pretty huge, and the acoustics were fairly decent. Although that was with bands playing at the front, on the stage, so I have no idea what it's be like with Muse in the centre.

Also, if you do decide on Cologne, try and explore the city too, there's some lovely places. The Cathedral is incredible

Cologne is a great city to use as a base for exploring that part of Germany. So many places within an hour train.

Very doubtful. I seem to remember one or two people paying for the VIP package on the T2L Tour and being disappointed there was no meet-and-greet. Pretty sure no part of it has anything to do with meeting the band, they'll be doing other stuff while the pre-show thing is going on.

Yeah, fair point, they would be pretty busy at that point. Wow, that really sucks though.

Cologne is a great city to use as a base for exploring that part of Germany. So many places within an hour train.

Sadly, my time in Germany was pretty limited, so I didn't get to explore outside of Cologne. Still an amazing city though, and I'm definitely going to return there someday.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

The presale codes are specific for those who have registered before 9 Sept. If you registered before that then you're eligible. This is all clear as daylight in the news section. But if you didn't register before 9 Sept, then you are not eligible for the presale. I notice that you have only just registered today on this forum......

Edited by Matthijs

I completely missed out on tickets for The O2 2nd Law shows, so I ended up buying a ticket for each date from either Viagogo or Seatwave (I forget which), which was absolutely fine. I was let it without any issues.

I am broke at the moment so won't be able to buy tickets for the April O2 shows legitimately, will I get away with buying Seatwave/ Viagogo tickets?

I read that for the 'Psycho' tour they checked the ID of each ticket holder...

Are they going to be doing that with these shows? :(

If so I'm screwed right? :eek: