You forgot they just did a UK tour?

Yes but most of the dates were in very small venues so not many people, myself included, could go, even if I felt like travelling. The nearest one to me was Newport I think, which is about 130 miles away. I couldn't get tickets for it as they were sold out. I just feel we deserve a few more dates really.

Yes but most of the dates were in very small venues so not many people, myself included, could go, even if I felt like travelling. The nearest one to me was Newport I think, which is about 130 miles away. I couldn't get tickets for it as they were sold out. I just feel we deserve a few more dates really.
130 miles really isn't that long for a gig in the UK. Why exactly do you deserve more than 11 gigs in one year?

So? The only date they're gonna do in Spain is 200km away from me and I'm thankful they didn't chose Barcelona, which is 700km away. I have to travel every time I want to see a band, as many other people. It doesn't really matter that the UK tour was in small venues, it was a tour. In other countries we have a Muse gig per tour. In the UK you have a whole tour. I don't want to sound rude, but I just don't see why you "deserve" more dates...

In other countries we have a Muse gig per tour.

Some countries are lucky to even get that. *cough*

One more UK date somewhere between Manchester and London would've been a nice luxury I guess but I'd say what we've got is perfectly fine, especially considering we had the Psycho Tour as well. I don't see why people are moaning about that of all things tbh.

I'm sorry so many people will miss out because of the cost of tickets. I'm so happy they will play two nights in London. My son lives there and went to the Emirates with me in 2013 so it will make me happy to see him as well and to have a night out together. London is great for me because I'm disabled and the direct train takes about 2 hours. I can bring my mobility scooter so I will be completely independent. I won't buy a wheelchair space this time; the Emirates wouldn't sell me one till I got a letter from my doctor and it was two weeks before my ticket arrived.:eek: I had no choice in where I sat and all the best spaces were gone so I was almost as far away from the stage as it was possible to be. Luckily I'm not confined to a wheelchair so I can leave my scooter wherever the venue says won't cause a trip hazard and walk to a seat. I will be very anxious until I get a ticket but excited, too. Good luck to all of you who want to buy one! I did think about buying VIP tickets if it includes a meet with the band but I would be exhausted after the gig and more exhausted if hundreds of other people were waiting to meet them, too, so I'll keep my money for the cost of the hotel. I need to travel up the night before so I can rest so I have to pay for two nights. It's worth it,though, as I am a recent fan and have only seen them twice.:)

Agree with this. It wasn't an actual serious tour, surely? My nearest one was Manchester, and it was a 12 (+3) song gig in a capacity of 2,600.

I did think about buying VIP tickets if it includes a meet with the band but I would be exhausted after the gig and more exhausted if hundreds of other people were waiting to meet them, too, so I'll keep my money for the cost of the hotel.

I don't think the VIP package includes meeting the band, does it? I seem to remember hearing something about it being pretty pointless and not worth the money.

Agree with this. It wasn't an actual serious tour, surely? My nearest one was Manchester, and it was a 12 (+3) song gig in a capacity of 2,600.

It was a UK Tour spanning 6 gigs, hence the name 'The Psycho Tour'. Venue size doesn't discredit that.

It was a serious small venue tour, surely?

And 12 (+3) was a very weird way of saying 15.

And your nearest one was 47 (or 34 from Ormskirk) miles away. Do some people really expect them to play in your backyard?

If the Belfast gig goes ahead it'll be the first time Muse have played an arena in Northern Ireland since 2006. Fans have had to make the trip to Dublin or go overseas to see them so please stop whining that there's not enough dates on the mainland. :rolleyes: Chances are they will add more thanks to "popular demand".

When I was younger I thought nothing of going to a foreign country (usually the Parisian dates in France or another foreign festival) to see Muse so travelling within the UK was a drop in the ocean!

But I had more free time because I wasn't working full time. I also feel like I could afford to use more of my money on gigs even though I'm actually more well off these days. If I didn't think the ticket price was a bit much I'd be considering Glasgow because I live there but I don't have enough time/annual leave if my choice was to go to Manchester instead for example.

So I understand that it sucks but we're actually quite lucky that in the UK everything is fairly accessible from everywhere else if you're really determined - especially if you're in England. My husband grew up near Inverness so you can imagine how many big bands played up there regularly...

London is great for me because I'm disabled and the direct train takes about 2 hours. I can bring my mobility scooter so I will be completely independent. I won't buy a wheelchair space this time; the Emirates wouldn't sell me one till I got a letter from my doctor and it was two weeks before my ticket arrived.:eek: I had no choice in where I sat and all the best spaces were gone so I was almost as far away from the stage as it was possible to be.

The wheelchair seating at the O2 is in the best spot in the house, it runs along the front of of block 101. It's obv limited and I don't know if there is other wheelchair seating there that is not so good. It might be worth you checking it out in advance if you can :)

Edited by Still not over Muse

Psycho Tour not a real tour? Really?

In any case Brighton was roughly a 225 miles round-trip and I don't have any issue with that. I looked around a town I'd never been to and had a great show. Would've preferred the closer London, but that's fine.

I was hoping for a Birmingham show on this because I wanted an alternative to the O2 Arena, which I had an inkling they would book and don't particularly rate highly as a venue after not enjoying the sound quality of shows there, and wanted an alternative to just going there like I did in 2009/12. Even more so given the intensive cost of this endeavour. I will point out Tame Impala are only doing London and Manchester on their UK tour next year, which is even more slimmed down.

As I think I said elsewhere, I wanna do something more ambitious than just going to London. Would have been much easier if everything had been announced at once, but I do like the sounds of going to places like Berlin, Amsterdam, or somewhere else I've never been. Shame I have no friends willing to go with.

Psycho Tour not a real tour? Really?

In any case Brighton was roughly a 225 miles round-trip and I don't have any issue with that. I looked around a town I'd never been to and had a great show. Would've preferred the closer London, but that's fine.

I was hoping for a Birmingham show on this because I wanted an alternative to the O2 Arena, which I had an inkling they would book and don't particularly rate highly as a venue after not enjoying the sound quality of shows there, and wanted an alternative to just going there like I did in 2009/12. Even more so given the intensive cost of this endeavour. I will point out Tame Impala are only doing London and Manchester on their UK tour next year, which is even more slimmed down.

As I think I said elsewhere, I wanna do something more ambitious than just going to London. Would have been much easier if everything had been announced at once, but I do like the sounds of going to places like Berlin, Amsterdam, or somewhere else I've never been. Shame I have no friends willing to go with.

You must have a lot of money and free time man :LOL:

Madrid is like 3h on train for me and i'm still not sure if i can make it...

The wheelchair seating at the O2 is in the best spot in the house, it runs along the front of of block 101. It's obv limited and I don't know if there is other wheelchair seating there that is not so good. It might be worth you checking it out in advance if you can :)

If the stage is in the middle, though, there won't be a front.

I can always buy two ordinary seats and, if I change my mind, sell them through this site.

I was lucky enough to see them in Newport in March. It's 12 miles from my house and the wheelchair spaces were in front of the seating at each side. Wonderful! I certainly have no complaints about travelling 150 miles to see Muse. Some of the boardies have to travel 12-24 hours without sleeping to see them. We are so lucky that the UK is so small.:)

forevermusic, go on your own and you will make friends with other Musers when you get there. :)

Edited by maturefan

Cheaper to fly to Lisbon from here and go to that gig, and stay over night than to get the train to London and go to the O2 :LOL:

Damn... :eek: Well, the Lisbon gig is in a Monday, so you could get some kind of a weekend abroad with a Muse concert has a bonus, and still be cheaper than going to the O2 :LOL: