Lack of UK dates.... £70 for standing.... yeah, fuck that. So disappointed, what a rip-off.

Are we sure they're £70 though? Or could that be the VIP packages?

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/muse-standing-london-11-04-2016/event/35004F2AEB176265?artistid=1400322&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Standing at London is £73 with £6 in post fees (its Ticketmaster - they do that).

I know many of you will want to stand, but let's not lose track of the fact that Manchester tickets start from £45 for seating, which is more than reasonable.

Always strikes me as being odd that standing is more expensive. At football matches, standing areas where the atmosphere is better are always cheaper. Why not the same for gigs?

I know many of you will want to stand, but let's not lose track of the fact that Manchester tickets start from £45 for seating, which is more than reasonable.

Always strikes me as being odd that standing is more expensive. At football matches, standing areas where the atmosphere is better are always cheaper. Why not the same for gigs?

I thought it was odd that when I'm going to U2 next month, my £65 standing ticket is one of the cheapest in the venue.

I know someone who paid premium price to bet in golden circle at U2, I wonder if the £75 tickets are GC and the rest are standard at £49.50?

EDIT: Checked Ticketmaster. It's true, all standing is £70+! Insane. And seated is £45 to £85!!!!

Edited by shinybee

Wembley 11/9/10, they played 24 songs, including many rare and great tracks, insanely awesome production, 3 class support acts incl biffy clyro, for £50.

A pox on you fools who pay £70 plus for an arena gig.

Having been at that gig, that's exactly how I'm weighing this one up. The Glasgow date is also 3 days before my dissertation hand in - I ain't going.

Having been at that gig, that's exactly how I'm weighing this one up. The Glasgow date is also 3 days before my dissertation hand in - I ain't going.

2 days before I handed in my dissertation, I think I got drunk and watched the FA Cup Final at a local bar. :chuckle:

That was substantially cheaper than this affair is, of course. I do agree with that caveat that its about £25+ more than Wembley, though. The same bugged me when they first announced The 2nd Law gigs at the O2, which were £15 more expensive for GA (I wound up going in the restricted view seats for £30, so would likely try there, but the sound quality was poor).

The Belfast gig is going ahead as far as I know, just not sure why they put it online and then removed it. I rang my local ticketmaster and asked if it was still happening and the guy said yes, and it's also running as a news story on our local channel. The arena tweeted about it too although have since removed their post on FB. Strange. Obv prematurely announced.

Maybe we'll get Assassin in Belfast sooner than we think.

The Belfast gig is going ahead as far as I know, just not sure why they put it online and then removed it. I rang my local ticketmaster and asked if it was still happening and the guy said yes, and it's also running as a news story on our local channel. The arena tweeted about it too although have since removed their post on FB. Strange. Obv prematurely announced.

Maybe we'll get Assassin in Belfast sooner than we think.

Yeah that's really weird. The actual arena itself is still saying tickets on sale Friday, like the other dates announced today will be: http://www.ssearenabelfast.com/muse

Yeah that's really weird. The actual arena itself is still saying tickets on sale Friday, like the other dates announced today will be: http://www.ssearenabelfast.com/muse

Ticketmaster confirmed it was taking place too so I'm guessing they released it early by accident?

I had forgotten about this :stunned:

Then again, knowing the band, they probably have too. Still, I'm tempted to take the gamble...

I'm still torn whether to go if the tickets are indeed £70+ for standing. Although I've read else where tickets range from £45 and up?

I'm still torn whether to go if the tickets are indeed £70+ for standing. Although I've read else where tickets range from £45 and up?

Same, regardless of any Assassin possibilities, I wanted to go on the arena tour this time but £70+ is pretty ridiculous. Especially considering they only tend to play about 20 songs at arenas.

I think the £45 ones are for seats with a restricted view, which is a bit of a guff trade off imo.