In general dragging out a good idea is something they've always been a bit guilty of.

Dragging out Psycho from 2 minutes wasn't the problem IMO, it was dragging it out past 4 that did the damage. It won't bother me live at all though, on record it does get very repetitive after that 4 minute mark. 2 minutes would have been too short.

Dragging out Psycho from 2 minutes wasn't the problem IMO, it was dragging it out past 4 that did the damage. It won't bother me live at all though, on record it does get very repetitive after that 4 minute mark. 2 minutes would have been too short.
Well two and a half (right?), which is fair imo. It's just enough to keep it interesting and make you wanna listen again.

Well two and a half (right?), which is fair imo. It's just enough to keep it interesting and make you wanna listen again.

Would you have preferred Psycho as is or as a 2:30 minute track if you knew half of it included the same outro "solo" that's in the current version?

Would you have preferred Psycho as is or as a 2:30 minute track if you knew half of it included the same outro "solo" that's in the current version?
2.30. Not that I think that would have been the case.

Hi fellas,

I got my copy from amazon german site , it came to me via UPS express postage . Album is on my desk right now and i am very happy .

I will listen to it tonight on my hi-fi audio deck , and i will post my review here later.

Peace...

After a week or so of listening to the album..

I love dead inside

I skip Psycho. It's too long and boring. (Mutt that was a terrible decision - Muse were right in keeping it short)

Mercy is okay but I'll still listen to it for now

Reapers is pretty fun still.

The Handler is by far the standout on the album and will probably be the one song that I'll listen to/not skip in a few months time.

Defector is ok, just can't stand the vocals in the verses

Revolt - no

Aftermath - it has grown on me but towards the end the cheese is just too real. Chris really gives the song a good atmosphere.

The Globalist - not muse's best. Wasted potential imo.

Drones- cool concept but lyrics are laughable.

I'm just wondering what the album would have turned out to be if Mutt didn't influence it too much - what would Muse come up with on their own? Their best music was made with a producer - Costey and Leckie both producing the best albums. Would love if their next album was written with them - maybe giving Matt a bit of a slap in the face to remind him that he used to be a much stronger songwriter.

That's not saying that I don't like Drones though. Miles ahead of T2L for me - I haven't even listened to that album the release in 2012. I can see myself actually listening to this in the future.

After a week or so of listening to the album..

I love dead inside

I skip Psycho. It's too long and boring. (Mutt that was a terrible decision - Muse were right in keeping it short)

Mercy is okay but I'll still listen to it for now

Reapers is pretty fun still.

The Handler is by far the standout on the album and will probably be the one song that I'll listen to/not skip in a few months time.

Defector is ok, just can't stand the vocals in the verses

Revolt - no

Aftermath - it has grown on me but towards the end the cheese is just too real. Chris really gives the song a good atmosphere.

The Globalist - not muse's best. Wasted potential imo.

Drones- cool concept but lyrics are laughable.

Wow! You really don't sound like a Muse fan! :LOL: