There's difference between fun and stupid. The songs is about machines that kill innocents and he uses the word "babe" to throw people off, for fun. That's dumb, not fun.

I don't think it's dumb, it's to reinforce a double-meaning.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:. I love this. It's one of the things I love from them, they are not so serious about their music, and they obviously have fun. And they knew that "babe" will throw some people off, but, they did it, because, why not? It's fun. :happy:

Totally agree!

What double meaning? Oh so you buy Matt's bullshit that the song has a personal meaning too because he uses the word 'babe'.

Don't know if Matt's actually said anything about it but there does seem to be a fair amount of double-meaning on the album, including on Reapers. For me, lines like 'Home is becoming a killing field' and 'There's a crosshair locked on my heart' imply a troubled/failing relationship.

That's what I get out of it, at least.

What double meaning? Oh so you buy Matt's bullshit that the song has a personal meaning too because he uses the word 'babe'.

I don't see why it wouldn't be believable. I don't excuse the lyrics but the album most certainly has a complementary personal meaning.

I listened to the song again listening out for the alternative meaning. It's definitely there.

Yeah, it's more than just "babe" that gives this song a double meaning.

Home, it's becoming a killing field

There's a crosshair locked on my heart

With no recourse, and there's no one behind the wheel

Hellfire you're wiping me out

Killed by

Drones!

You rule with lies and deceit

And the world is on your side

You've got the CIA babe

And all you've done is brutalise

Yeah, it's more than just "babe" that gives this song a double meaning.

Home, it's becoming a killing field

There's a crosshair locked on my heart

With no recourse, and there's no one behind the wheel

Hellfire you're wiping me out

Killed by

Drones!

You rule with lies and deceit

And the world is on your side

You've got the CIA babe

And all you've done is brutalise

I think that it could be interpreted in that way without that "babe" line, but they just did it because reasons :LOL::LOL:

:logic:

I heard that interview too and yeah he said the babe thing was to "throw people off" but he said it more as a joke in my opinion. Because then he continued talking about it after that and explained the same he did to at least another interview that I read, which is that that word refers to the more personal meaning of the song.

The whole album is like that, there is a double interpretation. Yes, the album is about drones and deals with some heavier topics, there is a story, etc but, as usual with Muse and "themes", these bigger subjects are often a metaphor to express more personal things. It's a formula Matt's been using since forever.

I see people going over the lyrics and overanalysing the meaning of the songs and somehow this, which I think is really obvious, still seems to escape some people *shrug*

Sure is still mad in here

Double meaning or not, the lyrics on the album are mostly awful.

You're said this about a thousand times now.

Don't know if Matt's actually said anything about it but there does seem to be a fair amount of double-meaning on the album, including on Reapers. For me, lines like 'Home is becoming a killing field' and 'There's a crosshair locked on my heart' imply a troubled/failing relationship.

That's what I get out of it, at least.

And "You've got the CIA babe" can obviously be interpreted as "You've got the

• Cheating Instances Aplenty/
  • Cold Impersonal Attitude/
  • Cute Ittybitty Arse/
  • Cuddles in Abundance/
  • Cunt I Admire/

,Babe."

I think that it could be interpreted in that way without that "babe" line, but they just did it because reasons :LOL::LOL:

:logic:

Matt's still trying to "speak in a language that they'll understand." :rolleyes::LOL: I think the lyrics are too in your face lately, but maybe it does need to be clearer for some?

And "You've got the CIA babe" can obviously be interpreted as "You've got the

• Cheating Instances Aplenty/
  • Cold Impersonal Attitude/
  • Cute Ittybitty Arse/
  • Cuddles in Abundance/
  • Cunt I Admire/

,Babe."

:LOL:

Matt's still trying to "speak in a language that they'll understand." :rolleyes::LOL: I think the lyrics are too in your face lately, but maybe it does need to be clearer for some?

Maybe, I think that Matt's trying to reach more people with this message. He is obviously very interested in the whole "Drones" theme, we see that in each interview. So one way to do that is being more direct and less poetic. It's a stylistic choice, I understand the critics about this, but, it's the way they wanted to release the album. Music doesn't need to be so clever, dark and poetic to be good...

I think the lyrics are too in your face lately, but maybe it does need to be clearer for some?
I think they're really quite clear too, blimey, this isn't exactly literature. Now if people like them or not, that's up to personal taste I suppose.

For what it's worth, I think the lyrics for Reapers are pretty cool. I like the first verse the most.

I think the lyrics are too in your face lately, but maybe it does need to be clearer for some?

Don't understimate the lack of "mental resources" of some people. Sometimes telling the things straight is the only way.