TaB->MoTP could work iirc. But TaB into Starlight is awful. They should have started the album with KoC and followed it up with CoD, then ended with TaB.

I just think the TaB ending flows well with any song that starts with a distorted guitar/bass.

I wish they'd opened BH&R with Knights and then recorded TaB with its live outro and used that to close the album. The rest of the album can otherwise stay the same for sake of argument. There are a bazillion changes I'd make to BH&R :LOL:.

I wish they'd opened BH&R with Knights and then recorded TaB with its live outro and used that to close the album. The rest of the album can otherwise stay the same for sake of argument. There are a bazillion changes I'd make to BH&R :LOL:.

It's still a fantastic album :D

I do enjoy this part of the album: Reapers/Handler/JFK/Defector/Revolt. Sadly, then I have to skip a bit of Aftermath. and then Globalis is on :D .ok, Drones I may skip from time to time :)

Maybe it is because I heard Dead inside, Psycho and Mercy so often already?

Of these 3 Psycho is my fave :D

My two bob:

Revolt stands out simply because it is so weak compared to the rest. Well, apart from Aftermath which sounds like a Eurovision rejection. You can actually envisage the point Muse stand up off their stools.

The rest of the album is sublime, with Reapers, The Handler, Defector, and The Globalist highlights. No coincidence that the best songs are the heavier, guitar-driven numbers (again).

Listeing to the whole album is an experience, the positions of the songs really fit. This has been said before for sure but to be honest, I haven't read all the pages back ;)

So, tomorrow is the next concert, well 3 concerts in 3 days...quite busy!

I really want to love this album but it falls off so hard in the last half. :(

I like the concept approach, I think it focused Matt's nonsense lyrics, but the heavy parts fit the theme best and are too few in number. I don't understand why there wasn't at least one track that really delved into "Drone" mindset. The jump from Psycho to Mercy is just odd. Why were Revolt and Aftermath so lame too? Those are some misleading titles.

I'm dissapointed that after being promised a heavy and back to basics album we ended up getting a concept album with idiotic "positive" sounding tracks like Defector, Revolt, Aftermath and even though Mercy is lyrically darker, it still sounds chirpy and radio friendly.

It feels to me like the album hardly explores the darker forces or the opressors, and as said above the jump from psycho to mercy is just stupid. There needed to be atleast one darker and heavier song after psycho. After Psycho is meant to be the darkest point of the album and it doesn't feel dark at all! You get Starlight Part Two, Reapers which is fun and bouncy and Classic rock power cheese and then finally you get The Handler which spares the blushes a bit.

But after Handler it's into the Queen cheese and drawn out cheesy ballads. Globalist is just a mess too. Don't even want to talk about that load of rubbish!

Revolt didn't even need to happen, could have easily gone Defector to Aftermath. It's such a stupid track and I don't know what Matt was thinking writing it, it's almost bordering on self parody.

Listeing to the whole album is an experience, the positions of the songs really fit. This has been said before for sure but to be honest, I haven't read all the pages back ;)

So, tomorrow is the next concert, well 3 concerts in 3 days...quite busy!

I think the beginning is a wreck. Dead Inside would be a great 2nd song, but seems to be the worst album opener from a Muse album (as an album opener, that is. I love the song though). Psycho or (specially, imo) Reapers would be much better, but the whole storyline idea was valued over musicianship this time, as the lyrics show as well...

The high points are very high, if not among Muse's very highest.

The low points though... eugch :noey:.

This. I still can't believe Revolt and Aftermath are actual Muse songs,and they both suffer the same issue: Very good verses,but terrible,terrible choruses and then there's Aftermath's outro as well... :facepalm:

This. I still can't believe Revolt and Aftermath are actual Muse songs,and they both suffer the same issue: Very good verses,but terrible,terrible choruses and then there's Aftermath's outro as well... :facepalm:

I was talking about BH&R, not Drones ;).

I love Revolt and Aftermath, personally.

That's how I view the album.. The good songs are excellent - some of Muse's best since BHaR. But the bad songs... man... Aftermath could have been an awesome bluesey jam if it wasn't for the cheese and Revolt is just so ridiculous I can't believe it's Muse