Defector is ok, just can't stand the vocals in the verses

What's wrong with people? Every second sentence on this board is that.

That is the second best feature of the song besides the main riff.

"It's too Queenyyyy fuck them" All this crying.:stunned:

The only "queenism" this song has, is the vocals. End of it. I don't know, they are cool, but to each his own :LOL::LOL:. And Queen hasn't got copyright in this type of layered vocals, I don't know if I'm right :LOL::LOL:

After reading lots of comments on lots of different threads (but mostly this one and the Your Reviews thread), I've come to a conclusion: Nobody on this messageboard loves this album more than me. FACT. I'm very happy, whilst everybody else is either angry, disappointed or merely content. If anyone out there is as happy as me, please let me know!

After reading lots of comments on lots of different threads (but mostly this one and the Your Reviews thread), I've come to a conclusion: Nobody on this messageboard loves this album more than me. FACT. I'm very happy, whilst everybody else is either angry, disappointed or merely content. If anyone out there is as happy as me, please let me know!

I'm happy! It's my third favourite Muse album!. From time to time it's fine to express hapinness in this board, it's, sometimes, very negative. I'm not saying that people can't express their dissapointment, but it's fine to have a contrast :happy:

I'm happy with Drones, the album!

It exceed my expectations.

Mu ranking:

Absolución/OOS

Drones/BH and R

The Resistance

T2L

i'm not necessarily unhappy with it, i just expected more from the last few songs after hearing The Handler, Reapers and to a lesser extent Mercy and Dead Inside. Defector still works for me, as do Aftermath and the first 2/3 of the Globalist, i just let myself get too overhyped i suppose

Really happy with this album; I honestly don't actively dislike any of the tracks. Drones is kinda odd, but haunting and Revolt is growing on me more and more. Defector is great fun, Reapers and the Handler are awesome, DI is 'good' and Aftermath is GORGEOUS. Still love Psycho (AND DS too). Happy bunny here :D

EDIT: Forgot The Globalist - love it. Mercy is my least favourite (maybe 5 or 6 out of 10?)

But why do they feel the need to have the Queen style vocals? It distracts from the rest of the song and gets boring very quickly. If I want to hear those vocals I'll listen to Queen...

But why do they feel the need to have the Queen style vocals? It distracts from the rest of the song and gets boring very quickly. If I want to hear those vocals I'll listen to Queen...

It would be shit without those vocals.

Show me a specific Queen song which is totally similar to this anyway.

But as someone else said, it's not as if Queen invented those kinds of vocals and have exclusivity with regards to their use. But if you don't like them fair enough. I must admit, the first time I heard them, I did think "Oh no, here we go again", but now they're one of the highlights of the song for me.

I love it too, so get to fuck. But on a serious note, it's a great album ;)

I was asking myself the same question at first. But now I can't imagine what would fit the song better than the Queen-esque vocals. The word "sinister" is a perfect description for that. And with all due respect to Queen, why should this style of vocal layering be necessarily referred to as that of Queen?

I was asking myself the same question at first. But now I can't imagine what would fit the song better than the Queen-esque vocals. The word "sinister" is a perfect description for that. And with all due respect to Queen, why should this style of vocal layering be necessarily referred to as that of Queen?

Because Queen are the most notable band for using that sort of vocal layering.