After reading lots of comments on lots of different threads (but mostly this one and the Your Reviews thread), I've come to a conclusion: Nobody on this messageboard loves this album more than me. FACT. I'm very happy, whilst everybody else is either angry, disappointed or merely content. If anyone out there is as happy as me, please let me know!

I love Drones too. And the songs that I criticized in the beginning are growing on me more and more every day :) And Revolt no longer seems awful to me. Its solo is so stylish - I can easily listen to the song and wait for it :)

The transitions in The Globalist now seem rather logical and I'm starting to think that Matt's description of the song is probably accurate. I can still see no strong similarities with CE (maybe the lyrics - a little bit). But the song is solid. The three sections of the song are like one dramatic (or even tragic) story.

And Mercy is a pleasure to listen to thanks to the great bass work and suprisingly powerful pre-chorus :)

And Mercy is a pleasure to listen to thanks to the great bass work and suprisingly powerful pre-chorus :)

I swear I must be listening to a different version of Mercy that's lacking this amazing bassline everyone's going on about.

This is the first album since Absolution where I don't skip songs. Black Holes and Revelations had better individual tracks, while Drones stays more consistent for me.

I can't decide which one of them two is higher for me. I think I'll stick with BHAR as 3rd for the time being.

This is the first album since Absolution where I don't skip songs. Black Holes and Revelations had better individual tracks, while Drones stays more consistent for me.

I agree that Drones is more consistent, but I would also say that the individual tracks are also in some cases a lot better! Reapers, Globalist and Handler alone beat anything on BHAR imo except KoC. But yeah, getting good feels from Drones

I can't decide which one of them two is higher for me. I think I'll stick with BHAR as 3rd for the time being.

I feel the same way. BHAR has some of my absolute favourites on it - and Drones is too new for me to tell whether or not any of the songs will rate above any of those. It's looking promising though....

Never once did any track on T2L have a hope of overshadowing anything on BHAR, except maybe Survival.

I agree that Drones is more consistent, but I would also say that the individual tracks are also in some cases a lot better! Reapers, Globalist and Handler alone beat anything on BHAR imo except KoC. But yeah, getting good feels from Drones

Yeah, but I'm also an absolute sucker for songs like City of Delusion and Hoodoo with that Arabic vibe.

First time I listened to BH&R, I thought my CD was faulty due to that transition from Take A Bow to Starlight.:$

Yeah, but I'm also an absolute sucker for songs like City of Delusion and Hoodoo with that Arabic vibe.

First time I listened to BH&R, I thought my CD was faulty due to that transition from Take A Bow to Starlight.:$

Yes, City of Delusion and Hoodoo are fantastic, and I really love Exo-Politics ( :$ ) but (I think) on the whole Drones has slightly better individual tracks. But still very early days! And I know what you mean about the transition, hideous :LOL:

Haha yeah I remember that. I heard TaB into Starlight and was like "I guess that's supposed to be a transition?"

The transition from TaB to Starlight works well imo. TaB to Supermassive would work better though.
TaB->MoTP could work iirc. But TaB into Starlight is awful. They should have started the album with KoC and followed it up with CoD, then ended with TaB.