Okay, I'm going to pretend like the album ended after The Handler, and go to sleep. The biggest question for me though is how on earth can Matt think that this is their best album with this second half? :stunned:

Just in general musicians probably love what they are creating while no longer view what they did in the past as very good as their preferences have changed. This album has made me think how awful it must be to be a musician and create an album of what you think is your best material ever, and see it being ripped to shreds by people who have loved your music for years and not understanding why, while also feeling like you've disappointed people who were really excited for your music. Especially as music like this and stuff on the 2nd law obviously are emotional for matt

Cut the last section out from Globalist and added a bit of fadeout.. it's almost perfect now (well, ends a bit too fast but at least with fadeout it's not so sudden). Shame theres nothing to be done with the rest of the songs tho...

I wish I could ask you to PM me your edit without risking an infraction lol

I STILL hate Defector. So infuriating, I just can't get past the horrible vocals

Man, you're not alone. Been struggling with that since first listen and I can't get past it. It's awful. It's a shame because the riff is awesome

Just in general musicians probably love what they are creating while no longer view what they did in the past as very good as their preferences have changed. This album has made me think how awful it must be to be a musician and create an album of what you think is your best material ever, and see it being ripped to shreds by people who have loved your music for years and not understanding why, while also feeling like you've disappointed people who were really excited for your music. Especially as music like this and stuff on the 2nd law obviously are emotional for matt

Being a composer myself, trust me it's true.

You tend to think the last thing you wrote is the best music in the world. Then after a long time you realise some of it is good, some of it isn't.