Haha I like that. Their first 4 albums are the only ones worth debating over

Abso and BHaR were slated on release :LOL:

At least BHaR's flaws were the positioning of Soldiers Poem/Invincible and the butchering of Assassin and Exo-Politics. The album itself aged well unlike the last two

For musicians out here, did u realise that all the songs on this album have a connection with the note D (all of them are D major, D minor or G major) except dead inside! I don't think that's a coincidence, that adds up to the cohesion...

Early indications:

OoS

Showbiz

Absolution

BHaR

Drones

TR

T2L

Don't expect that to ever change

^* Story of my Muse life. The first 3 are interchangeable depending on seasons. BHaR is in a league of it's own #4. I completely blame that album. The last 3 (which could be interchangeable) are what I consider BHaR sequels. Maybe T2L is the definitive worst because unlike TR and Drones which have MK Ultra, I Belong To You, Reapers and The Handler ... T2L has nothing going on for me. #lastpostthanksagainMuse&MuseBoard.

Of course, during a terrible day at work that I couldn't get out of on time... Of course. :twitchy:

I guess maybe if you don't believe in anything after death why would you care if people remember you well i.e doesn't matter as you won't exist. I realise re-reading that it sounds a bit stupid maybe im just projecting my thoughts

My first response was "because you're not a narcissistic dickbag that doesn't care if the world ends when you do" :chuckle:

But, seriously, Matt has said in the past that the legacy would be the ONLY thing that would matter in that situation. How people remember you. Your music, your kids, etc.

Anyways, another other than the obvious, other then Spidey and that OldMuse person being melodramatic?

Ratings have changed

Dead Inside: 8/10

Psycho: 9/10

Mercy: : 7/10

Reapers: 10/10

The Handler: 9/10

Defector: 8/10

Revolt: 6/10

Aftermath: 5/10

The Globalist: 8/10

Haven't heard the title track yet or studio versions of JFK and Drill Sergent (unless the Psycho video counts).

Of course, during a terrible day at work that I couldn't get out of on time... Of course. :twitchy:

My first response was "because you're not a narcissistic dickbag that doesn't care if the world ends when you do" :chuckle:

But, seriously, Matt has said in the past that the legacy would be the ONLY thing that would matter in that situation. How people remember you. Your music, your kids, etc.

Anyways, another other than the obvious, other then Spidey and that OldMuse person being melodramatic?

Fair enough then. And yeah I didn't mean that in a narcissistic way I mean as in like if you cease to exist in the end it doesn't matter if you have legacy after death, aside from a fleeting nice thought before you die. Obviously you'ld care about ppl you leave behind as they continue to exist independent of you, which I'm is the scariest part about death as you know loved ones will still live and you won't even exist. Anyway i'be been here with my negativity since about 4pm so I need to leave

By the way, despite wether you actually like the album or not, does anyone feel like the rythm section is tighter than ever before? The synergy between bass and drums is just through the roof. That Reapers-Handlers combo is totally elevated by the way Chris and Dom are playing atm. It's not that they weren't tight. Maybe the punchy production is just making me realise that.

Also I don't know if It's Matt's writting Chri's lines but they're amazing.

First listen,

Defector: 9/10 simple muse song. all what you expect from an almost perfect muse song.

Revolt: 8/10 this was ODD. Sounds alot like Queen. However vocals are superb and its so fucking CATCHY. YOU'VE FELT LOVE YOU'VE FELT PAIN YOU CAN GROOOOW

Aftermath: 8/10 OK I DIDNT EXPECT THIS. Blues intro bluesy tunes towards the mid/end of song. Im just speechless to see Matt finally play bluesy stuff. So fucking happy

Globalist: 11/10 Lived up to the hype for me. First slow part is amazing. So fucking emotional. It may sound cheesy however within the context its plain good both lyrically and musically. The heavy part is just good quality Muse riff. I loved how the instagram solo is attached to end of the riff and then dissolves into "emptyness". Piano piece is almost like Exogenesis but in better context. Definetly one of best piece ever recorded by Muse.

Drones: Not my cup of tea but in the context of album it fits perfectly as a "hymn". Wouldnt want to see it at a live concert :LOL:

Overall: I love how each song connects to the other one perfectly. I would rate the full album almost as good as Origin of Symmetry. Well above Resistance and 2nd Law, above BH&R and tiny bit above Absolution. 9/10

By the way, despite wether you actually like the album or not, does anyone feel like the rythm section is tighter than ever before? The synergy between bass and drums is just through the roof. That Reapers-Handlers combo is totally elevated by the way Chris and Dom are playing atm. It's not that they weren't tight. Maybe the punchy production is just making me realise that.

Also I don't know if It's Matt's writting Chri's lines but they're amazing.

I think it's because it's a "live album" more than before, they really played together ;-)