Slightly disappointing in songwriting quality compared to the first half of the album but at least it is better than TR/T2L. Still got the end of the Globalist to go, Defector and Drones to go (not listening in order). Not looking forward to the closing track!

For me the surprise song of the album is Aftermath, really like that one for some reason. Globalist is also ace

Aftermath is definitely the big surprise!

The Globalist isn't clicking with me yet. I'll be doing the edit that everyone seems to be doing (last third cut out)

Nah matt especially strikes me as the sort of musician who wants to create good music, not just get money, although being an atheist i guess he doesn't care about being remembered or legacy maybe

I think someone on here said it best when they said Muse don't do what they do for money, but for fame. Being "successful" has always been a driving force for them, which is part of what made them so good at first, but now has them becoming more and more just another big stadium rock band. They want to go down as the next U2.

Don't think Drones is being uploaded today :( I can wait. Got Defector to fall in love with tonight. Probably try to get into Revolt tomorrow, then focus more on The Globalist before Drones and Aftermath. I'll listen through the album fully when I get the CD and can listen non stop.

Tonight I've got Defector and #PleaseStandBy (:eek:) to keep me happy!

Reapers and the Handler are great.

Dead Inside, Mercy, Psycho, first 4 minutes of Aftermath and first 6 minutes of Globalist caught my attention.

Revolt was well...revolting.

Defector was ok but sounded like Queen covering Bumblebee by Kasabian, will need more time.

the first 5 tracks, the psycho tour and download booking were rather misleasing

Surprised there's not more hate for this album on here, I expected a lot of anger over the cheesier songs, lol. I've only listened to the second-half songs once and The Globalist a handful of times. I'm a bit disappointed – Revolt, Aftermath and Drones are not my cup of tea, the first two are way too much like Explorers and Big Freeze (i.e. songs I'd rather forget!)

Drones the song is ... too unusual, lol. They've done 'wtf' out-there stuff in a good way before (Unsustainable), but this is too weird even for them and doesn't feel like it belongs anywhere, just not feeling it.

JFK is cool, the background music is nicely atmospheric and I like that the speech continues to run for a bit during other songs.

Defector has a fun vibe and I get the Showbiz-y sound people are comparing it to – I love the riffage and old school vibes, it's awesome :happy:

The Globalist I struggled with, which is why I listened more times cos the hype was so much that I was positive it would be something beyond amazing and that I'd be obsessed with it, so the end result was a little disappointing. The first half is great, the riff is obviously the best part and heavy as fuck, which is awesome, but it's too short and then just gets a bit too soft at the end. It ends up feeling/sounding disjointed. The thing I'm most annoyed about is the best riff (the one from Instagram) was used very pathetically. You can barely even hear it and it's played once before veering off into the ballad. It's totally wasted. It's definitely not CE2, big mistake to compare anything new to one of their all time best songs. Anyways, while I like it, I feel like it had so much more potential that wasn't quite met, and the hype around it didn't help cos my expectations were a little too high.

Drones the album is being propped up by The Handler, Reapers and most of The Globalist, for me. There are other good songs, but those are the standout, and there a lot of not very good ones so it's about 6-7 out of 10 at the mo. I prob prefer it to TR and probably T2L but not by loads.

Plebs rating the title track a 0 need to re-evaluate their music tastes. This is also literally the only place on the internet where people "edit" tracks to perpetuate their denial of quality music. Literally the most pleb thing.

/opinions/

The Globalist is pretty piss-poor.

Correct.

Plebs rating the title track a 0 need to re-evaluate their music tastes. This is also literally the only place on the internet where people "edit" tracks to perpetuate their denial of quality music. Literally the most pleb thing.

You seem upset.