2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

You shared a water bottle with strangers? o.O

Desperate times, desperate measures :LOL:

Seriously though, that sucks! :( I've never shared with strangers before, but there were about 10 of us in the front who all knew each other and we were sharing about 3 water bottles between us. Thankfully none of us got sick!

Hey all,

I'm following the LA setlist and stream (such as it is) and wanted to put down in this thread for posterity:

For New Born last week, I didn't get the best view of the piano intro (I was too far house left) but I did catch the famous "guitar swipe" and that was worth price of admission, so to speak.

:D

No I didn't. However, some asshole next to me got a bottle of water and dumped it on everyone around him.

Was that the guy with the long blonde hair? He was to my left near the end of the gig. At the time the splash of water when he threw it in the air felt good (I was overheating!). My wife and I have both been battling a lingering sickness too this week. I.jist attributed it to be in a group of a ton of people, sweating, exhausted and then walking around outside soaked.

this is my opinion and i should be allowed to express it, but i was a little bit in shock with the lack of screaming on friday. i understand that you can believe or hear differently, but the lack of anyone screaming during a natural break during a song is a little bit concerning. if the few people didn't open their mouths during the break in nb, it would have been complete silence.

typically, in music, a scream/woo/cheer/vocalization is a direct link from the audience to musician. a lack of it suggests a type of apathy, boredom, indifference. i'm not sure if it is because screaming hurts or no one cares or thinks about doing it, but a musician might not really be able to differentiate a sea of waved hands from each other during a solo but a few screams can change everything.

i'm not here like a perfect fan, but more of someone who has noticed that it's somewhat dying to scream in the US audiences. i'm not here to judge or criticize but it hurts me at my core to think that if ten people (preferably more obviously) screamed at the same time that the energy in a room can become electrified; the connection to the musicians becomes real, raw, palpable.

i heard more complaints about songs from the mouths of people in front of me than they ever opened their mouths to cheer. i've seen more cameras and snapchats and weird apps than crazy love and letting go.

you can take this opinion in any way you wish. if you want to be quiet, that's your thing. if you want to be loud, also your thing. but energy between the gods on stage and the mortals in the audience can be something so beautiful and magical if you ever find it within yourself to try to let them know you have ears, admiration, and endless support for all they have given us in our lives.

We were obviously not at the same gig.

Was that the guy with the long blonde hair? He was to my left near the end of the gig. At the time the splash of water when he threw it in the air felt good (I was overheating!). My wife and I have both been battling a lingering sickness too this week. I.jist attributed it to be in a group of a ton of people, sweating, exhausted and then walking around outside soaked.

Yep that's the guy. The guy was an ass. He was moshing away from the stage and kept hitting me in the back of the head.

You probably were like in arms length of me lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone.

So I posted briefly in this thread during the ticket ordering mess but have been a lurker for the most part since then. Anyway, nostalgia being what it is and all that, I made a playlist on YouTube consisting of what I thought were the best videos of each song from this gig. Points were awarded for sound quality, visual quality, and then completeness (interludes, outro's, etc) Let me know if you think you've found a better version of any given song though. Enjoy.

Hey, everyone.

So I posted briefly in this thread during the ticket ordering mess but have been a lurker for the most part since then. Anyway, nostalgia being what it is and all that, I made a playlist on YouTube consisting of what I thought were the best videos of each song from this gig. Points were awarded for sound quality, visual quality, and then completeness (interludes, outro's, etc) Let me know if you think you've found a better version of any given song though. Enjoy.

Solid work!

Hey, everyone.

This is awesome, thank you!!

Regarding the alt nation recording of this gig, did anyone see this?

MUSE exclusive Alt Nation performance

Mon Jun 8 8:00 pm ET

As they unleashed one of this year’s most anticipated rock albums Drones, MUSE deliver an exclusive private performance for SiriusXM Alt Nation from New York City! On the eve of the album’s release, hear Matt, Dom and Chris perform new music from Drones as well as classic MUSE songs from New York City’s legendary Webster Hall for an intimate crowd of SiriusXM listeners!

Rebroadcast: Tue Jun 9 12:00 am ET, Tue Jun 9 8:00 am ET, Tue Jun 9 3:00 pm ET, Tue Jun 9 10:00 pm ET, Wed Jun 10 3:00 am ET, Wed Jun 10 10:00 am ET, Wed Jun 10 5:00 pm ET

https://www.siriusxm.com/altnation

Anyone able to record it? I'm going to be out of the country during the times it's aired, and probably won't be able to listen to it.