2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

I thought shostakobitch was being sarcastic with the "screaming" post. I don't know how you can ask for a better crowd down on the floor (can't speak for the balcony). I know by the time Bliss came on, my voice was probably not audible from screaming back the lyrics to every single song that they played. I imagine it was the same for most of the people down there.

right on musers! if you don't think there was anything wrong with the dearth of screaming, i must be out of my mind! see y'all at the next one!!! woo woo

"come on new york; make some noise." -matt bellamy 5/8/15 pre-chorus to "uprising"

Edited by shostakobitch

right on musers! if you don't think there was anything wrong with the dearth of screaming, i must be out of my mind! see y'all at the next one!!! woo woo

"come on new york; make some noise." -matt bellamy 5/8/15 pre-chorus to "uprising"

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that a good crowd should be screaming throughout the entirety of the show. What I'm saying is, from where I was during the show, it felt like everyone WAS singing/applauding/screaming.

if i can't make a simple comment about something i noticed without receiving snark, what's the point of a forum?

i wasn't trying to start an argument but as it goes, i sense some misinterpretation. i did not say it was a bad crowd. i did not come close to it. i was expressing curiosity as why it was a quiet crowd in terms of vocalizations most if not all individuals have the capacity of making at live music performances in addition to a) jumping, b) singing along, c) hand waving and d) never putting a cell phone down.

some on here said they were tired, some on here said there was plenty of screaming. that's great. it's all great. all valid.

you don't want to scream? you don't see a problem with the level of noise? fine. that's you.

but don't gang up on me like i said the whole crowd was bad. i thought if it were a room of die-hard, do anything for the band fans that there would be more screaming. especially in response to the massive jams, nuanced riffs, fills, vox, and everything we were graced with in such an intimate setting.

perhaps my expectations got the best of me. but this does not mean you ALL shouldn't consider trying to scream a couple times at the next show you go to.

it's a science experiment. try it. even if it's a band in your high school cafeteria, try it.

if it's not your style, keep on doing you.

woo woo

Edited by shostakobitch

If you were within the first 10 rows from the stage it was insanely loud and incredibly tight. I think every part of my body was violated that night, lol. In fact I remember catching a glimpse at the VIPs in the balcony level looking at us down front with astonishment and amusement.

But in essence, the loud, passionate, and rowdy fans are always the ones up front. The people in the back want to enjoy the music and chill out.

This gig was nuts. Apparently the floor moving was an intentional thing though. I guess it is a suspended floor, and is designed to do that a bit.

Before the gig started, I was watching the guitar and bass techs doing checks on all the gear, hoping to see the CE7 guitar being setup or something. I saw the Madness bass, and I was sooo disappointed at first because I was hoping that song wouldn't make an appearance.

After about 15 seconds into the song, with everyone singing along, it was just a realization that even if it isn't my fav song, it just really seems to work well, and majority of the crowd was into it and singing along. It was really nice to have the song be about the music this time instead of the gimmick of video glasses and lasers and all that other stuff from 2nd law tour.

On top of everything else, Madness was a welcomed chance to breathe for a few minutes after the initial surge of energy in the show!

This gig was nuts. Apparently the floor moving was an intentional thing though. I guess it is a suspended floor, and is designed to do that a bit.

Before the gig started, I was watching the guitar and bass techs doing checks on all the gear, hoping to see the CE7 guitar being setup or something. I saw the Madness bass, and I was sooo disappointed at first because I was hoping that song wouldn't make an appearance.

After about 15 seconds into the song, with everyone singing along, it was just a realization that even if it isn't my fav song, it just really seems to work well, and majority of the crowd was into it and singing along. It was really nice to have the song be about the music this time instead of the gimmick of video glasses and lasers and all that other stuff from 2nd law tour.

On top of everything else, Madness was a welcomed chance to breathe for a few minutes after the initial surge of energy in the show!

Yeah. Some people were complaining about madness/animals/starlight but I really really needed a break so I didn't die.

Yeah. Some people were complaining about madness/animals/starlight but I really really needed a break so I didn't die.

This. It was boiling in there too... seemed like the AC came on a few times, but only for five seconds.

Before the gig started, I was watching the guitar and bass techs doing checks on all the gear, hoping to see the CE7 guitar being setup or something.

Same. I spent some time during the opening act doing that as well, but that was sort of spoiled for me anyway because someone one person down from me was complaining that I was intentionally pushing the guy next to me into her. Wasn't like I could do anything when I was being pushed into that direction...I did feel a bit bad for that guy next to me as he did look a bit uncomfortable during this, but I think he knew I couldn't help it.

A bit upset that the crowd surfer knocked the blinky glasses off my head and I didn't get them back, but I'll manage.

And I saw the 5 string bass (used for assassin) and got a bit excited, but wasn't disappointed in the end.

This. It was boiling in there too... seemed like the AC came on a few times, but only for five seconds.

Same. I spent some time during the opening act doing that as well, but that was sort of spoiled for me anyway because someone one person down from me was complaining that I was intentionally pushing the guy next to me into her. Wasn't like I could do anything when I was being pushed into that direction...I did feel a bit bad for that guy next to me as he did look a bit uncomfortable during this, but I think he knew I couldn't help it.

A bit upset that the crowd surfer knocked the blinky glasses off my head and I didn't get them back, but I'll manage.

And I saw the 5 string bass (used for assassin) and got a bit excited, but wasn't disappointed in the end.

ah, my friend was the one who was crowdsurfing, i apologize on his behalf! if you want i can attempt to reimburse you for them.

i was always looking to the next guitar/bass being used, definitely sad there was no 7 string.

gig was immense. energy levels off the charts the whole time. and as much as madness/animals were a little bleh it did allow for some recovery time.

ah, my friend was the one who was crowdsurfing, i apologize on his behalf! if you want i can attempt to reimburse you for them.

i was always looking to the next guitar/bass being used, definitely sad there was no 7 string.

gig was immense. energy levels off the charts the whole time. and as much as madness/animals were a little bleh it did allow for some recovery time.

Haha nah it's fine, plus I think there were two crowd surfers at the end

And yeah, I didn't see that one at all.

I think animals had the lowest energy of all the songs, at least where I was. Definitely needed a bit of time to breathe though.

From near the back where I was it looked like everyone was jumping and singing and screaming. The crowd was easily the best pit i'd ever been in. I'm sure there were parts towards the mid point where it wasn't as loud as say during Psycho, but people were exhausted i'm sure.

I felt completely dead by the end of the show, my body aching and killing me but it was worth every second. It was hot as hell in there and the set was so heavy. I can honestly say I put out all the energy, jumping, singing, and screaming that I had in me :D

Haha nah it's fine, plus I think there were two crowd surfers at the end

And yeah, I didn't see that one at all.

I think animals had the lowest energy of all the songs, at least where I was. Definitely needed a bit of time to breathe though.

Agreed. If there was one song that I felt just didn't "fit" it would be Animals. Probably because they played it after the back to back of Hysteria and Stockholm. It was certainly a welcome breather though.

Agreed. If there was one song that I felt just didn't "fit" it would be Animals. Probably because they played it after the back to back of Hysteria and Stockholm. It was certainly a welcome breather though.

People reacted where I was to the outro fine though. I love that riff.

hell of a show!!!!! had the best time on that floor surrounded by you crazies!!

soooo pleased with the set

Reapers(!!!)

freaked when i saw the piano on stage

loved the bounce of the floor

no actual complaints,

what more is there to say?!

definitely worth the wait outside all day.

...can't wait for the tour :)

reapers is so good. it really is. best live muse song in years i think.

I wonder where the "real" tour will bring them? MSG is obvious but they might feel its played out for now ('07, '10, and twice in '13). I'm thinking one night at Barclays when they come back around.

Edited by Jasonli18t

Fury would've worked wonderfully in that slot.

reapers is so good. it really is. best live muse song in years i think.

I wonder where the "real" tour will bring them? MSG is obvious but they might feel its played out for now ('07, '10, and twice in '13). I'm thinking one night at Barclays when they come back around.

Definitely. I've been listening to the recording of it on and off today. Seems to be one of the only ones where you can really hear the bass in the verses as well.

And yeah, I'd agree with that.

Also, is #41 here? Had a good time chatting with you at various points during the day.

it was the best US crowd i've ever experienced for muse. it was floor shaking, and the singalongs to older songs were much more well executed than i would have expected for songs like AP and New Born.

And the singing along to the riff in knights...i know it's been a staple of EU crowds for a while, but it was the first time i noticed it make its way here, and it really is cool to have everyone wailing along to a riff.

Yeah, I don't remember anyone singing along to the KOC riff before either. i thought it was pretty cool. =)