2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

lol "Who is #41?"

You really ARE all drones. ;)

Heh it was a system we had for organizing the line, though I don't know how long it kept going for. The venue wanted nothing to do with it once the band left and we had to get back in line... but the real problem was that they split the line around #30 (so the emergency exit was clear) and this meant anyone from in back could run up there and go straight in once the doors opened. I don't think it was a problem in the end, but still.

Heh it was a system we had for organizing the line, though I don't know how long it kept going for. The venue wanted nothing to do with it once the band left and we had to get back in line... but the real problem was that they split the line around #30 (so the emergency exit was clear) and this meant anyone from in back could run up there and go straight in once the doors opened. I don't think it was a problem in the end, but still.

It went back at least to number 108! Also, to whoever mentioned Fury.....that would have literally made the show 100% perfect in my mind.

Yep! So you were one of the lucky ones to spend 6 hours in line with me? :p

Yep, I'm Ian. Funny I've seen you on the boards plenty but didn't make the connection until now. Makes me wonder who else I talked to that's also on here.

And that wait was tough but the reward was well worth it!

Naw, I know. I was following along. Just wanted to tease and make the joke. But I like the idea!

I thought the venue was doing it on their own, but I guess one of you just had a Sharpie on hand?

Naw, I know. I was following along. Just wanted to tease and make the joke. But I like the idea!

I thought the venue was doing it on their own, but I guess one of you just had a Sharpie on hand?

Someone in the front of the queue usually has one at most gigs :) It actually works out really well and most people honor it! It's nice to look out for each other :)

Someone in the front of the queue usually has one at most gigs :) It actually works out really well and most people honor it! It's nice to look out for each other :)

I agree! I loved it...it was the first time I queued that long (11 hours)...so I didn't like seeing numbers like #180something trying to cut the line. Also appreciated one lady who was camped out take over that mess the staff refused to address - she got almost everyone back in line. :LOL: props to her if she's on here.

It went back at least to number 108! Also, to whoever mentioned Fury.....that would have literally made the show 100% perfect in my mind.

I was hoping for Fury too but after I heard the set I thought, I'm pretty happy :D

the entire crowd appreciated the songs. not the first couple rows. that's the point. i'm not sure what point you were trying to make but it wasn't really in agreement with mine. we appreciate the great songs, not just the first couple rows.

In fact, I was 15-20 rows back and we were jumping like crazy.

Around Animals I shifted to 10th row and after that stayed there for 2-3 songs and I felt that back where I were before there was more crowd action.

It was tighter and more hot upfront, so I could not jump well, so I went back and resumed my happy jumping. All 5 of my friends around me were jumping and screaming all the time.

I loved this gig, brought me back to the past. Matt seems happy and he did everything perfectly, not sure why he threw the guitar, usually he does it if he is not happy with something. My first time seeing him throw the guitar LIVE :p

In fact, I was 15-20 rows back and we were jumping like crazy.

Around Animals I shifted to 10th row and after that stayed there for 2-3 songs and I felt that back where I were before there was more crowd action.

It was tighter and more hot upfront, so I could not jump well, so I went back and resumed my happy jumping. All 5 of my friends around me were jumping and screaming all the time.

I loved this gig, brought me back to the past. Matt seems happy and he did everything perfectly, not sure why he threw the guitar, usually he does it if he is not happy with something. My first time seeing him throw the guitar LIVE :p

Matt throws his guitar a lot live now, it started during 2nd law tour, almost every night he was throwing a guitar around.

ahh I was number 45! it was so awesome to meet you all!!! Best gig of my freaking life! see everyone on the US tour :D

ahh I was number 45! it was so awesome to meet you all!!! Best gig of my freaking life! see everyone on the US tour :D

I remember seeing you! Did you get that picture taken after the gig then? I sort of regret not staying now since I've heard there were only around 12 people there, and I imagine it would have been much easier to get a decent picture with them.

That is super cool! Cheers to Muse fans! Some of the best fans I've seen out there. Have never actually had any problems with Musers at shows, other than once at Staples Center last tour where were stuck behind some really obnoxious Muse Bros. One had a big sign for FURY, but other than that, they were REALLY arrogant, elitist, and annoying. lol

I remember seeing you! Did you get that picture taken after the gig then? I sort of regret not staying now since I've heard there were only around 12 people there, and I imagine it would have been much easier to get a decent picture with them.

yeah I did...totally unreal! can't believe I was even able to say anything let alone ask for a pic haha. we lucked out, walked right back to the venue after getting water just as they came out! crazy!

He hadn't done it as often for quite some time. It was back in force during T2L, and any time a guitar (or he) fucked up during a song.

Yes, exactly. I recall him saying nowadays he only does it when something is malfunctioning or does not go according to a plan. That is why I was surprised he did it at Webster.

Yes, exactly. I recall him saying nowadays he only does it when something is malfunctioning or does not go according to a plan. That is why I was surprised he did it at Webster.

I remember this, as well, but there was a huge wave of guitar destruction in the T2L era.

Like, mashing them in the piano, throwing them into the crowd, and snapping the necks off them. :chuckle: