2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

TBH, this set was pretty generic compared to the UK Tour in March. Goddanm American mainstream bullshit!!!!!!

Except for the Groove! I really love that song! Reminds me of one of my favorite bands in the world Queens of the Stone Age for some reason.

I was standing near the back bar and nearly 10 people next to me had no idea what songs Muse was playing. They didn't show any excitement even for any of the popular songs such as Time is Running Out or Knights of Cydonia. I have no idea how they were able to buy tickets for this concert since even huge Muse fans like us spent more than an hour to find the presale codes that were active.

The AC problem in the venue was the biggest problem. I am not sure if they had the same problem in Lenny Kravitz or Noel Gallagher concerts this week since both of them were also sold out but the venue was very very hot.

OMG you must've been near me!

I was surrounded by those people who were standing like mannequins!

Don't know a single word of any songs, don't clap no matter what, stare at their phone and taking videos only and blocking views of other people. Some were even using Shazam app to figure out song title?! There were few hard core fans who wanted to jump around (it wasn't even that hard like mosh pit) and hit one of those stone like girl and her boyfriend wanted to start a fight! :eek:

I also started jumping and 2 girls next to me started mimicking and mocking me. Since I'm Asian and they were 2 white girls, I was very offended through the whole time. Wanted to move away from those no-fun groups but the house was packed and I didn't have much choice. (Being barely 5 feet tall really sucks.) They ended up leaving when Starlight went on.

I was so furious because of those-clearly-non-fan who were just occupying the space! There are so many of real fans who couldn't get tickets!!! Ugh!! So not fare...

Bliss, Groove, and AP were amazing. Didn't feel much for Animal...

But other than that, what an awesome night! You all rocked so well!!! :D:D:D

Edited by holyicelemon

Apocalypse Please really works live. I'm not a huge fan of it on the CD, but I'll be damned if it didn't sound amazing tonight....I should know better by now.

Also, playing Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome back to back should no longer be legal....

Super excited for Bliss too!

Beyond thrilled with my experience today! The gig was INCREDIBLE, and the crowd (in the front, at least!) was the craziest and roughest I've ever been in... Mostly in a good way! :LOL:

I also got to briefly meet the guys as well, which was such a treat :D (See my new avatar for more information ;) )

The return of Apocalypse Please was a HUGE highlight for me! I took a video of it, with pretty good audio and quite shaky video (we were going crazy!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0R6WMaf6-5A

Definitely the heaviest Muse crowd I've ever partied with. I was one of the dudes on Chris' side (started on Matt's but migrated over)- I feel like we threw down the hardest of any show, ever. Was amazing. If any of you guys are reading this (you know who you are), you're amazing.

Gonna try to get into the iheart show tomorrow otherwise seeya in LA

Apocalypse Please sounds pretty good for a song they haven't played in years.

Although I've never been a fan of that double time kick drum thing Dom does in the instrumental bits live, and could do with a bit more synth rather than piano sound there as well.

Excited about how excited the NYC fans felt after the show! Looking forward to this in a week. TrebleRose, excellent Apocalypse Please video!! I cannot wait! I've never seen it live. Unfortunately, I didn't start going to Muse shows till 2010, so I've been trying to catch up ever since! :D

Absolutely amazing show. My friends and I started off in the back right but made it pretty much front and center by the time the groove came on. Haven't been in a crowd like that in years. Every song people just went mental. The groove, AP and bliss were all recieved just as well as any hit. The floor was like a trampoline people with jumping and moshing so hard. Im so exhausted and sore this morning i don't know how I'm gonna do it again tonight.

incredible show. i hope the fact that the crowd was able to sing along to anything (including OOS songs, almost everyone singing new born and bliss) will give them the confidence that we actually do know and appreciate the older stuff and even things technically never released here, at least at the time.

Yeah, the idea that American fans don't know the older/obscure material has and always will be bullshit. Even in the UK when they're playing something like Dead Star, it's like the first couple rows going mental and the rest of the crowd is dead, same thing here. Every audience I've seen applauds it at the end though so it's about even really.

There just has to be a compromise and 2-3 rare songs a night on a set of 21-23 songs that only the first couple rows fully appreciate is a small price to pay for having such a hardcore fan base that will go from city to city and buy tickets for every single night without hesitation (these are the aforementioned people at the front of the pit).

:D absolutely epic gig that was. Great setlist and a really excellent crowd.

I definitely kept banging in to people and stepping on feet, but instead of the day-tripper fans, I was surrounded by the hardcore, so every bump or step was counteracted with a smile or a hug or a chat.

I thought the setlist was really really strong - i was glad of a couple of slower songs for the opportunity to recover! I'm not as young as I once was.....

The only disappointment was no Plug in Baby - switch Starlight for that and that encore would have sent us all in to delirium.

Absolute madness at the end for Knights, so much bumping and shoving and jumping and moshing - superb!

Such an amazing performance. Did everything seem extra heavy to you? Might have just been because the venue was shaking but it all just sounded so beefy. Obviously the rarities were great to hear but this was also the first time I've seen the proper New Born with Matt on the piano, and it was definitely an unexpected highlight.

I'm not suggesting that it isn't gonna stick around, I just thought it was a bit out of a outlier track from the rest of the setlist & I feel like it may have been a chance for them to perform it live for the first time in a while before a more public show the next day

Edited by HomesickSubterranean

Yeah, the idea that American fans don't know the older/obscure material has and always will be bullshit. Even in the UK when they're playing something like Dead Star, it's like the first couple rows going mental and the rest of the crowd is dead, same thing here. Every audience I've seen applauds it at the end though so it's about even really.

There just has to be a compromise and 2-3 rare songs a night on a set of 21-23 songs that only the first couple rows fully appreciate is a small price to pay for having such a hardcore fan base that will go from city to city and buy tickets for every single night without hesitation (these are the aforementioned people at the front of the pit).

the entire crowd appreciated the songs. not the first couple rows. that's the point. i'm not sure what point you were trying to make but it wasn't really in agreement with mine. we appreciate the great songs, not just the first couple rows.

It's by far and away their biggest hit in America ever. It's going to stick around.

uprising just as big. both 2x platinum. both much larger than starlight even though it doesn't feel like it.

also, madness really worked well last night. if you weren't there, i wouldn't judge. and given the number of people eating it up, there had to be some real hardcore musers enjoying it too, considering that was about 85% of the crowd.

no LED glasses, no lyric video, and almost no emphasis on the "ma ma ma ma" part makes this song much better, and it fit well.