2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

Such an amazing performance. Did everything seem extra heavy to you? Might have just been because the venue was shaking but it all just sounded so beefy. Obviously the rarities were great to hear but this was also the first time I've seen the proper New Born with Matt on the piano, and it was definitely an unexpected highlight.

yes, it seemed heavy and maybe even down a notch (lower). i love his current tones, and his voice is as good as its ever been right now. the bliss falsetto was nailed.

and i LOVE reapers.

no LED glasses, no lyric video, and almost no emphasis on the "ma ma ma ma" part makes this song much better, and it fit well.

I liked that they have played Madness as well. Also, it was the first time I saw Matt not saying "what you f****** need". Even in the live dvd/cd, it was like that.

oh god please.

The floor was so crazy during the entire set, I didn't really get to listen to all of the nuances of the actual performance. I pretty much couldn't talk all day yesterday from all the screaming. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE that it was like that. That's why I am so appreciative of all of the videos that people have been putting up. If the entire set is streamed, that would be amazing!

Two days later, the combo of Hysteria and Stockholm back to back was probably the biggest highlight of the show for me. And I have seen both of those songs twice before. That's how intense the show was! Oh, and the solo in Bliss....crazy.

The only thing that sucks now is knowing that the GA section for the NC show(s) they are destined to play won't even hold a candle to Friday night.

The floor was so crazy during the entire set, I didn't really get to listen to all of the nuances of the actual performance. I pretty much couldn't talk all day yesterday from all the screaming. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE that it was like that. That's why I am so appreciative of all of the videos that people have been putting up. If the entire set is streamed, that would be amazing!

Same that's why I'd like a HQ rip of this stream. The crowd was so loud at times it drowned out the band.

this is my opinion and i should be allowed to express it, but i was a little bit in shock with the lack of screaming on friday. i understand that you can believe or hear differently, but the lack of anyone screaming during a natural break during a song is a little bit concerning. if the few people didn't open their mouths during the break in nb, it would have been complete silence.

typically, in music, a scream/woo/cheer/vocalization is a direct link from the audience to musician. a lack of it suggests a type of apathy, boredom, indifference. i'm not sure if it is because screaming hurts or no one cares or thinks about doing it, but a musician might not really be able to differentiate a sea of waved hands from each other during a solo but a few screams can change everything.

i'm not here like a perfect fan, but more of someone who has noticed that it's somewhat dying to scream in the US audiences. i'm not here to judge or criticize but it hurts me at my core to think that if ten people (preferably more obviously) screamed at the same time that the energy in a room can become electrified; the connection to the musicians becomes real, raw, palpable.

i heard more complaints about songs from the mouths of people in front of me than they ever opened their mouths to cheer. i've seen more cameras and snapchats and weird apps than crazy love and letting go.

you can take this opinion in any way you wish. if you want to be quiet, that's your thing. if you want to be loud, also your thing. but energy between the gods on stage and the mortals in the audience can be something so beautiful and magical if you ever find it within yourself to try to let them know you have ears, admiration, and endless support for all they have given us in our lives.

Edited by shostakobitch

I was singing along at all songs even Reapers. I was jumping and having fun, however not in the beginning because some fucking jerk off and his idiotic girlfriend kept purposefully starting a mosh by ramming into people. The gf also clawed at my friends saying LOL SORRY ITS A JOKE AHHA and then throwing water at us,

I was THIS close to shoving them off or telling security but they backed away to another side of the venue.

fuck that was annoying

I was singing along at all songs even Reapers. I was jumping and having fun, however not in the beginning because some fucking jerk off and his idiotic girlfriend kept purposefully starting a mosh by ramming into people. The gf also clawed at my friends saying LOL SORRY ITS A JOKE AHHA and then throwing water at us,

I was THIS close to shoving them off or telling security but they backed away to another side of the venue.

fuck that was annoying

Was it those fucking tatted "alternative" couples? I fucking couldn't stand them, the girlfriend was throwing fucking elbows and got me right on the ear. I'm a solid 5 inches taller than her too so it was pretty purposeful.

Was it those fucking tatted "alternative" couples? I fucking couldn't stand them, the girlfriend was throwing fucking elbows and got me right on the ear. I'm a solid 5 inches taller than her too so it was pretty purposeful.

Dont know about tattoos but yeah the girl was really short, like 5'1" and the guy had a green baseball cap

I'm surprised by the criticism of the crowd... I know it varies based on where you are, but up near the barrier (I was second row) it was INSANE. It was the roughest crowd I've ever been in, actually! (Mostly in a good way... toward the end it was absolutely exhausting, but boy was it fun!)

I sang along as long as I had the breath for it, but as someone else mentioned, I don't usually have quite enough energy to scream EVERY time there's a lull in the song. Between songs, sure! And I move all over the place. The crowd was jumping around like crazy! The floor felt like a trampoline, and I had a moment of panic fearing it would cave in and we'd all die :LOL: (What a way to go, though...)

it was the best US crowd i've ever experienced for muse. it was floor shaking, and the singalongs to older songs were much more well executed than i would have expected for songs like AP and New Born.

And the singing along to the riff in knights...i know it's been a staple of EU crowds for a while, but it was the first time i noticed it make its way here, and it really is cool to have everyone wailing along to a riff.