Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

I do think this one will get played a fair amount, just like Guiding Light and Invincible were. Muse like having one of these kinds of songs in the middle of the setlist. This is the worst of them though... :(

Well you can't have a 20-22 song setlist of just continual riffs and heavy stuff. You need some of the mellower stuff to allow the audience and the band to relax and recover before slowly building the intensity again. Besides, I'm looking forward to this being played, as it's one of my favourites at the moment.

Which ones?

Dead Inside, Aftermath, Globalist, and Drones have all made me at least tear up. And Mercy, but I was in the hospital at the time.

Maybe got a little clenched up at a line at the end of The Handler.

Crying from happiness and melancholy, or from rage and frustration? :LOL:

I haven't gotten this weirdly emotional since Absolution, and some early Ours gigs.

During Drones (song) I started feeling sort of tight in the chest and was clenching my teeth a bit to get through it, which I initially attributed to the discomfort the "drones" bit in the lyrics were causing me, and then when it was over I just started to bawl.

Somewhat embarrassing.

I literally cried pretty much all the way through Aftermath.

Dead Inside, Aftermath, Globalist, and Drones have all made me at least tear up. And Mercy, but I was in the hospital at the time.

Maybe got a little clenched up at a line at the end of The Handler.

+1 for Dead Inside. Lot of emotion packed into that final chorus, and the lyrics hit way too close to home for me.

Aftermath is nice though :happy: Lots of Dire Straits vibes at the start.

If they stripped down a bit the arrangement and production on it (as I've already written), I think it would result in the almost perfect and much brighter heiress of Falling Down - you know, with the bluesy guitar and such.

I couldn't agree more with this. A slightly more stripped down version with less strings and less backing vocals would be perfection

I love the beginning of this song. It's gives me goosebumps with the guitar and I'm with it until he starts with this from this moment mushy lovey crap and makes me want to punch a kitten.

fun fact Matt doesn't say love at all in the song, he says it far more in The Globalist which is interesting. I can c y u think it's mushy tho