Just seen this thread today...

It's funny actually that I happened to watch The Streets yesterday on tv, because nothing else was on. But I just had to switch the channel after like 2 or 3 songs, I couldn't bare it any longer! I don't like rap as it is and with him it sounds more like 'talking' with music in the background, like it doesn't go together.

Well, about the song... I don't like the verses at all, they're awful! Apart from that it sounds quite good actually, but for me that has much much more to do with the Muse part in it and not Mike Skinners part. I really don't like rap.

I do love it when the riff comes in after the verses.

It's a good thing that this was only done for a laugh and nothing more.

Well now I've listened to it about 7 times and it has grown on me a bit. The point is though, that if Muse weren't on it I wouldn't have listened to it even twice cos I don't really like rap. I certainly hope Muse aren't seriously going down this path, as I think it's Matt's distinctive singing voice and the great melodies of their songs that makes the music great.

Well now I've listened to it about 7 times and it has grown on me a bit. The point is though, that if Muse weren't on it I wouldn't have listened to it even twice cos I don't really like rap. I certainly hope Muse aren't seriously going down this path, as I think it's Matt's distinctive singing voice and the great melodies of their songs that makes the music great.

+ 1

If they got kanye west it would of been cool..

still cool though.

Here

Discuss...

Completely agree with willytarno. How can someone that gave us "city of delusion" or "butterflies & hurricanes" do a crap like this? Perhaps if we could take mike skinner´s rap off, and listen just the music, it won´t be so so so bad...

I really hope this isn't the secret collaboration at V. My good god, it would be laughable.

Also, it sounds waaay too much like Rage and Led Zep. A mockery really!

And yeah, don't me started on Mike Skinner.

Still, the wah riff about 3/4's of the way through the song is pretty awesome!

I got the impression Matt was singing on this track from the comments. Guess not lol. Anyway, it's nothing amazing, but I do like the guitar business in the background. Just a shame it completely stinks of RATM. You might as well be listening to them instead. Minus the vocals of course.

Oh well I've lost track of this thread now :LOL: You're not still going on about it are you?

Wow 28 guests, never seen so many in one thread :eek: Hi you lot :happy:

Anywho, I like it, I like the riff, I actually much prefer Mike Skinner's rapping to that of Dizzee whatshisface or M'n'M - at least the guy speaks about real life and not himself

..ha, ha.

The song is awful D: ['cept the first part of the chorus... and the actual tune =P]

Mike Skinner should just... crawl under a rock or something.

But it's Muse. So it's bearable.

Bit of an odd combination, though.

I mean... Muse are like gods in the world of rock.

And The Streets... well, let's not go there.

ive tried liking this song. the thing i like is the begining.. with the chaos pad thing. but when mike skinner starts rapping it sounds like utter pooop.. i just hope its a fake, or just a one off thing because if there new album sounds like this song then im gonna hate them lol.:mad:

x:p

LOL.

Archived