I came running when I heard about it, whacked it on and got a whopping huge smile for my troubles. Loved it! 2 very distinctive sounds coming together to form one. They bridged the gap well. You could certainly tell they had fun with it - Muse proved they could do it (and with a corker of a riff too!) and Skinner diverted from his usual arena to stick his unique vocals on to what is essentially a rapmetal track. it interesting to hear. it was funny in a 'Muse do rap' kind of way. but as well as all that, its a pretty good song too.

I came on the boards to see what you guys thought and uhoh! seems like noone agrees! people being a little too conservative and narrow-minded perhaps?

I came on the boards to see what you guys thought and uhoh! seems like noone agrees! people being a little too conservative and narrow-minded perhaps?

... or maybe, just maybe, in such a large group of people there are a few differing opinions?

Naaaahhh..... ;)

... or maybe, just maybe, in such a large group of people there are a few differing opinions?

Naaaahhh..... ;)

You would think so wouldnt you? Then why is it that in every single post I've read, its all 'WTF ARE MUSE DOING?' 'SKINNER SUCKS BALLS' 'I HATE RAP'

You would think so wouldnt you? Then why is it that in every single post I've read, its all 'WTF ARE MUSE DOING?' 'SKINNER SUCKS BALLS' 'I HATE RAP'

You must be reading a different thread then, because I'm seeing some people saying they don't like it, and others saying they do, and yes, also a few here and there saying "ZOMG TEHY SUXORZ"

So, you're either skipping over 2/3 of this thread or maybe because you like the song you're conveniently forgetting all the people who do like it choosing rather to focus on the people who's opinion you don't like...? ;)

A lot of us do like it actually, it's just those who dislike it who feel the need to voice their opinion on it

... and why shouldn't the ones who dislike it voice their opinion on it?

Seriously, I don't get it. If someone hears a song and doesn't like it, can't they say so? :erm:

no no no no I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people disliking it and saying so, just that those who dislike it ARE saying so and that those who like it aren't really as impassioned to say so, which is why the reaction seems to be largely negative

if that makes sense...

or yes, something to do with skipping over the positive comments

what was the reaction of the general public after it was played on radio 1?

Only a few texts were read out, one from me just saying hi to the board (also had more to the text about my view on the song but he didnt read that bit), someone else said they're a big muse fan but didnt like it, cant remember the other.

Shame, the rapping is pants. I have no idea what he's on about.

The music is good as always but because they were mucking about it doesn't have a great deal of structure.

Do one Skinner. Come on chaps, if you're going to dabble with this genre get a better rapper. He's good as The Streets but I think this proves he can't do a lot outside of that.

Anyone have any idea of what the lyrics are?

Archived