Guest Lauren_Guyott
Wasn't the riff a Led Zeppelin riff? I'm not too sure.. but yeah, the riff is someone's elses. The inbetween parts are very RATM inspired. I wouldn't go as far to say they stole someone else's music just from using a riff tbh.

Lol - my mum just shouted "Thats It!!!"

so yeah led zepplin :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well...it is real =/ Both Muse and The Streets have confirmed it. And both have performed parts of it live.

Hopefully we get more Muse collaborations...it would be nice to hear them with an injection of music from some other genres they haven't touched. Hip hop...post-hardcore...pop punk...anything really. I'd love to see them break all the days of people who still haven't gotten over OoS and do something actually surprising. Like SBH was nothing that new really, it was just a bit dancier than older Muse songs. And Who Knows Who is just really bad.

They've shown us they can amalgamate other music with their own enough, BHaR is full of heavy influences from other artists. I personally don't like the idea of Muse songs that sound like other artists though (i.e. MotP = Depche Mode, Assassin = Lightning Bolt), I'd prefer Muse songs, or Muse songs featuring other artists to that.

• 4 weeks later...

This unlikely collaboration between Muse and the Streets, leaked online earlier today, pays surprising dividends. For one, it helps each party limit their excesses. Muse, whose tendency to go huge limits its recorded material while making its live shows some of the best in the world, are served well by Mike Skinner's low key sass. Skinner, on the other hand, has the benefit of Muse's musical chops and sense of funky melody to prevent flatulent music detracting from his skilled rapping. As for the whole product, it's a surprisingly good track that sounds like something of a smarter, less angry Rage Against the Machine track. An unlikely collaboration has produced an unlikely success

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived