What "makes sense" provides logical basis for an opinion and an argument. I made my case for why I thought it wouldn't, there was no precedent for it. It's logical.

there's a difference between making a case and being a dick about it. Also, we're not talking about scientific facts here. there's only so much logic you can apply to it. it's simply a decision they may or may not take based on what they want to do with their music. You can't be so sure of your opinion. because it's yours and not theirs.

/end of off topic discussion.

Mexico is not part of Central America. That's everything under Mexico.

But they're all part of North America.

Huh, interesting. I seriously hear it referred to as part of "central America" all the time. I guess my job's Central American Partnership division is seriously misguided in more way than one. :chuckle:

Anyways, what I meant is I would put money on it not being in Mexico.

It's WAY too far for that Canadian contest, and it's stated value.

I wouldn't be too happy to win that trip and find out it was in Mexico, either.

there's a difference between making a case and being a dick about it. Also, we're not talking about scientific facts here. there's only so much logic you can apply to it. it's simply a decision they may or may not take based on what they want to do with their music. You can't be so sure of your opinion. because it's yours and not theirs.

/end of off topic discussion.

How is this off topic? I wasn't being a dick either, all I kept repeating was the only thing we know for "certain" is that this is a Canadian radio station, and that what was said was "North America". Everyone got buttmad for some reason when I said that "US" isn't yet confirmed. It's a possibility (a very likely one) but everyone says "confirmed" as though someone said that the website. Similarly, making a case for the DI video is difficult when everyone is being a pretentious prick laughing at my logical ideas. If having a divergent opinion from those of some others on the board makes me a dick then what does that make you?

Huh, interesting. I seriously hear it referred to as part of "central America" all the time. I guess my job's Central American Partnership division is seriously misguided in more way than one. :chuckle:

Yeah, Mexico is definitely North America lol but a lot of people don't know that :LOL:

It is part of "Latin America" so they probably just lump it in there to not have to distinguish it from the other countries.

How is this off topic? I wasn't being a dick either, all I kept repeating was the only thing we know for "certain" is that this is a Canadian radio station, and that what was said was "North America". Everyone got buttmad for some reason when I said that "US" isn't yet confirmed. It's a possibility (a very likely one) but everyone says "confirmed" as though someone said that the website. Similarly, making a case for the DI video is difficult when everyone is being a pretentious prick laughing at my logical ideas. If having a divergent opinion from those of some others on the board makes me a dick then what does that make you?

Yeah, Mexico is definitely North America lol but a lot of people don't know that :LOL:

I was talking about the DI video not the US/Canada and you can go back and read your comments there and decide for yourself if you were being a dick or other people.

As for this gig, I know people who're working on the show and it's definitely not in Canada or Mexico or any other country not located between the two of them!

I was talking about the DI video not the US/Canada and you can go back and read your comments there and decide for yourself if you were being a dick or other people.

As for this gig, I know people who're working on the show and it's definitely not in Canada or Mexico or any other country not located between the two of them!

I still maintain I wasn't being a dick, reception of my opinions there were harsher so I had to try harder to make a case. And I'm not arguing with you on your second point, US is 90% likely to be where this is.

It is part of "Latin America" so they probably just lump it in there to not have to distinguish it from the other countries.

I knew I was right about Latin America, I guess I just assumed everyone else was right about the Central bit.

I do now wonder if we're offending an entire country at my job... Sort of concerning.

Are you the person who claimed to have inside knowledge of a tour/gig recently, but refused to elaborate?

If so, I hope you see the correlation here...

More importantly, what are the odds of us finding out about this gig before 4/27 or are we figuring that's actually the announcement date?

This station is only giving away 2 tickets, right? And we haven't heard about any other stations doing so yet?

When someone like JJ makes a really stupid comment, then if everyone just ignored it people like him might just stop. Instead of everyone replying to it and making it noticed, if he and others like him just said some nonsensical/cringeworthy bullshit and it was just ignored, it may discourage them from posting such things in the future.

Are you the person who claimed to have inside knowledge of a tour/gig recently, but refused to elaborate?

If so, I hope you see the correlation here...

More importantly, what are the odds of us finding out about this gig before 4/27 or are we figuring that's actually the announcement date?

This station is only giving away 2 tickets, right? And we haven't heard about any other stations doing so yet?

My field of work is very close to the industry and I get to meet people involved with the band. I don't want to reveal their identity as we well know how quickly people start spamming their social media accounts. I hear information and if I think it's worth sharing, I share. It might not be always accurate or a big deal but it's not like everyone here is always talking facts and figures anyway! And no I don't claim inside knowledge.

Elaborative enough? :)

When someone like JJ makes a really stupid comment, then if everyone just ignored it people like him might just stop. Instead of everyone replying to it and making it noticed, if he and others like him just said some nonsensical/cringeworthy bullshit and it was just ignored, it may discourage them from posting such things in the future.

-bumping this stupid comment so it can gain traction-

-bumping this stupid comment so it can gain traction-

Firstly this is really condescending, and it makes you look arrogant.

Secondly, JJ isn't a troll. He makes some silly posts and I've disagreed with him a few times, big deal. If you don't want to see his posts put him on your ignore list.

Firstly this is really condescending, and it makes you look arrogant.

Secondly, JJ isn't a troll. He makes some silly posts and I've disagreed with him a few times, big deal. If you don't want to see his posts put him on your ignore list.

Thank you for defending me, I really appreciate it. My post above about the bumping was an immature response to WeirdF to highlight how rude his post was and naturally I got a warning for it because it seems hard to justify myself on this board, but to be on topic I don't see why people have to be at each other's throats on a thread about a band we're supposedly all quite interested in. I'm kind of missing the overarching community aspect right about now since it seems very here and there.

As far as news is concerned I hope we get something new to discuss soon because this surprise gig announcement seems to not be enough to warrant stable discussion.

No, it is not exagerrated. I've never been on such a strange and often unfrienldy board like this before. And I've been on some nice and lovely boards in my life😉 It really shocks me. But I stay here because I love Muse and like to talk with other fans.

And Fabri, no you don't need to respond in a rude way now! Just stop it. (And I am sorry if this is against any rules here :rolleyes:).

Claudia, quoting your post breaks the board :unsure: I think it's the emoji. Anyway why did you say "And Fabri, no you don't need to respond in a rude way now! Just stop it."? Where have I been rude to you? JJ was definitely more rude than me lately here. Yet you address me :erm:

I think this hasn't been posted

"Just got back from listening to Muse 'Drones' and I liked it, they are back, aggressive and with attitude, it's like a war anthem"

Who is he? The words "war anthem" don't really excite me...

I think this hasn't been posted

"Just got back from listening to Muse 'Drones' and I liked it, they are back, aggressive and with attitude, it's like a war anthem"

This is really interesting, I guess this means that review copies have already been sent out? Seems really early for that... or does this guy know the band? :eek: