T2L didn't leak because I don't there was enough interest for it to leak.

Actually there was tons of hype around T2L. Plenty of fans around the web were anticipating how the dubstep elements and Chris' songs would turn out. Don't forget the shitstorm of ambivalence that followed when the Unsus trailer was released.

Hell, it was in Tescos/Wal-Marts/Targets/Best Buys around the world and not even a fucking store employee thought to put a copy up online before the thing started streaming officially.

Makes no sense to put one's livelihood on the line so a small group of impatient fans can whinge about how bad the album is ahead of its release date.

I'm sure a copy will slip out of the distribution warehouses when they've done the music equivalent of "gone gold".

You might be right, but your reasoning is wrong.

Hell, it was in Tescos/Wal-Marts/Targets/Best Buys around the world.".

That's quite funny because I remember not being able to find it anywhere in the Tesco's near me.

Anyway I reckon that the earliest leak will be around the end of May or the beginning of June.

Don't even know why we're talking about leaks right now, it seems way too early for that to happen. If anything, it's probably only just gone into manufacturing, in which case, it'll be no doubt under tight security by Warner. I reckon the leak is more likely upon it being shipped out to various shops.

I'm going to try and hold off listening to the leak myself. TR was the only leak I ever bothered listening to, and I ended up hating that album. I'm not going to let karma hit me twice. :LOL:

Stores like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc also don't exactly have the albums sitting around in the stores in the backrooms for weeks to months, either.

They typically get new releases a week to a few days beforehand, exactly to avoid early leaks....

I'd say at latest a week before, earliest probably two. A few days before is cutting it too close for suppliers; I know for game consoles they had stock well ahead of the street date

I'd say at latest a week before, earliest probably two. A few days before is cutting it too close for suppliers; I know for game consoles they had stock well ahead of the street date

Nearly never more than a week.

My oldest friend manages the ordering and supply of music and DVDs for one of the big chain stores.

They FedEx or UPS directly from distributors, and they often do come in last minute. Apparently it used to be quite stressful, and smaller releases used to miss the shipping deadlines and come in late more often than was acceptable, but now they barely give a shit because CDs sell so poorly.

Video games are most often the same way, with a few exceptions for the larger games that come in huge quantities. There's a lot at stake for the stores if something goes wrong, like when a Target employee leaked the title and release date of a Call of Duty game before the press release, because the pre-order cards came in beforehand.

I assume video game "leaks" aren't as big of a deal, though.

Nearly never more than a week.

My oldest friend manages the ordering and supply of music and DVDs for one of the big chain stores.

They FedEx or UPS directly from distributors, and they often do come in last minute. Apparently it used to be quite stressful, and smaller releases used to miss the shipping deadlines and come in late more often than was acceptable, but now they barely give a shit because CDs sell so poorly.

Video games are most often the same way, with a few exceptions for the larger games that come in huge quantities. There's a lot at stake for the stores if something goes wrong, like when a Target employee leaked the title and release date of a Call of Duty game before the press release, because the pre-order cards came in beforehand.

I assume video game "leaks" aren't as big of a deal, though.

Probably not, considering video game "leaks" are only ever information leaks. Music is a consumable product compared to whether a game would be uploaded somewhere it would take far more effort to actually get it to a console that isn't PC. I don't even think video games "leak" anyways lol. So I guess you're right, leaks hurt the music industry, and late deliveries fuck up the video game industry. Seems a lot can go wrong during shipping process for each