Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

People please stop being so judgmental ....... They're making their 7th album, kinda hard to not repeat what they've already done. It is a fucken effort and a half to make a good original song, most of the time I feel that artists fluke that part.....They have a deadline to come up with enough songs for the album and then mix that shit!

WTF DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN.... SERIOUSLY.

Chill out and enjoy another Muse album, regardless of your expectations. It is what it is.

<33333333333333333333

You seem upset.

I've never heard seen your face, I've never heard your voice........ But I think I like it.

As for the whole deadline thing, I kinda just assumed that, but whether or not a company gave them one they may have still given themselves one because they're hectic motherfkers?

To the dude saying "who's being judgmental" look at the pages before this one, there were brief talks about being 'unoriginal' with some previous works. I am also content on my happiness atm thankyou very much XD

if the band puts a deadline on themselves they're obviously to blame if it ends up affecting the quality of the product. But no, a band like Muse does not have a deadline by the record company.

if the band puts a deadline on themselves they're obviously to blame if it ends up affecting the quality of the product. But no, a band like Muse does not have a deadline by the record company.

Exactly. Muse basically moves albums just by mentioning they are working on a new one, there's no way they set themselves a deadline

I honestly think you're a beautiful person.

Quoted post not related

I agree to an extent. But I simply can't deny BH&R was the first Muse album that featured songs which reminded me overwhelmingly of other acts. Since then, it has only got more noticeable on each subsequent album.

LPs 1-3 sound, to me definitively like Muse, first and foremost. LPs 4-6 sound like Muse, but with very discernible nods to other acts. Not on every track, of course, but I still subconsciously make a distinction.

It does bug me, a bit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who listened to USoE for the first time and immediately thought Queen. Does it bother me? No. It's in moderation, and it's a terrific song. Same for Map Of The Problematique venturing into Depeche Mode territory. It works because it's great.

I just wish I got more of a pang of the twisted originality and/or meld of influences that cane together to inspire the sound on OoS and Absolution. Perhaps it's not even a sound, but rather a mindset or ethos.

This is what I thought is the fundamental difference between LP1-3 and 4-6. One is taking their influences and creating what sounded like a fresh sound and the other is just regurgitating sounds.

Because internet awards are pertinent to quality.

That album was mostly trash, save for the title track and Drive Home (but even the latter track wasn't that memorable), his newest record is far worse. His recent solo music is so unimaginative, his best effort was Insurgentes by far with GFD in second. Insurgentes is 10/10 for me.

Edited by jonisdead

The new record by SW is excellent, it's much more earthy and stripped back of needless components in comparison to before. The songs don't seem to drag half as much either, even though a lot of the time there seems to be little going on in them.

Raven was average though, except for the title track, which is brilliant, and Drive Home which had a great chorus and solo.