Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

"Inside... a fucking cycle. You should stop... doing mind control. I'm feeling desolate... another second kill. I don't see who's gonna surviiiiiiiiiive!"

^ reversed vocals from Matt on The Globalist

Did you post this on r/muse? someone is claiming to be you

The band's mentioned writing some of OoS on shrooms, yes.

Although, they also altered them afterwards - check out the original version of PiB, for instance.

I heard Matt was into the shrooms again during the late T2L tour, but I can't verify if the source was full of shit or not.

I know he said in an interview that he still trys them once a year

The band's mentioned writing some of OoS on shrooms, yes.

Although, they also altered them afterwards - check out the original version of PiB, for instance.

I heard Matt was into the shrooms again during the late T2L tour, but I can't verify if the source was full of shit or not.

If you're talking about the 1997 version, that wasn't what the band referred to when saying they wrote PIB while they were high.

• 3 weeks later...

"'Did you ever hear of Russian Roulette?' ... With the Russian army in Romania, around 1917, some officer would suddenly pull out his revolver, put a single bullet in the cylinder, spin the cylinder, snap it back in place, put it to his head and pull the trigger.[1]

It is claimed, that this practice was widely known in Russia in the early 19th century. However, there is only one written source before the 20th century: in Mikhail Lermontov's 1840 "The Fatalist", one of five novellas comprising his A Hero of Our Time, a minor character survives a version of Russian roulette." - Wikipedia

Found this online and the title of this piece sounds interesting as well as what it mentions/ Wonder if there's any correlation between this song title/its inspiration and Russian roulette. Maybe something about psychopathy/suicidal tendencies, armies or brainwashing.. some mix of it all since it's about a dictator.

"'Did you ever hear of Russian Roulette?' ... With the Russian army in Romania, around 1917, some officer would suddenly pull out his revolver, put a single bullet in the cylinder, spin the cylinder, snap it back in place, put it to his head and pull the trigger.[1]

It is claimed, that this practice was widely known in Russia in the early 19th century. However, there is only one written source before the 20th century: in Mikhail Lermontov's 1840 "The Fatalist", one of five novellas comprising his A Hero of Our Time, a minor character survives a version of Russian roulette." - Wikipedia

Found this online and the title of this piece sounds interesting as well as what it mentions/ Wonder if there's any correlation between this song title/its inspiration and Russian roulette. Maybe something about psychopathy/suicidal tendencies, armies or brainwashing.. some mix of it all since it's about a dictator.

Ehh, I don't think so. The "Globalist Agenda" is described as a "plan to bring all of Earth's inhabitants under the control of a single, global state," and globalism itself is all to do with expansion of power. I think it's more going to just be about a globalist dictator (hint, the name of the song) trying to gather control of the whole planet and rule it as one state. Which would also fit in to the whole psychopath/military world domination thing Muse seem to have going on with this album.

Or... to simplify my post, this

Nah.