Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Stop being off-topic.

Oh come on, get off your high horse. I'm sure posts with nothing but a single smiley, which you seem fond of doing, are so on topic. Well they aren't off topic, but only because they are meaningless and unconstructive.

I just made a joke in response to other posts on this thread. If it wasn't funny to you, fair enough. Just don't respond then! Why do you need to respond when you have nothing better to say? I daresay its you who brought the thread veering off topic.

I'll stop posting because it is admittedly off topic. You, on the other hand, stop your nonsense.

Oh come on, get off your high horse. I'm sure posts with nothing but a single smiley, which you seem fond of doing, are so on topic. Well they aren't off topic, but only because they are meaningless and unconstructive.

I just made a joke in response to other posts on this thread. If it wasn't funny to you, fair enough. Just don't respond then! Why do you need to respond when you have nothing better to say? I daresay its you who brought the thread veering off topic.

I'll stop posting because it is admittedly off topic. You, on the other hand, stop your nonsense.

And yet you rise to it every time hah.

And I'm curious in hearing people's opinions on what those are, not that "well, Queen did it decades ago."

For example, CE has two very different pieces, but I don't find them nearly as cohesive as they could be; lyrically in particular, I have always found it a bit jarring.

IBTY also comes to mind, unfortunately.

I'm certainly a bit concerned with how The Globalist is going to mesh the score cover, and the other parts of the song.

Honestly a bit more after hearing Reapers a few times, which despite not really having different "parts" like we're talking here, still manages to me to sound like the chorus, verses and solos are from three different songs that don't quite mesh well together for me so far.

this element is the defining part of prog rock, muse's experiments are great. citizen erased is the most obvious example but even songs like stockholm syndrome have the contrasting parts like the loud, fast, guitar verses and slower, piano and synth-led chorus. also, space dementia, micro cuts, fury, the list goes on and on. muse accomplishes this fantastically, it might be one of their strongest talents.

Are there any good Muse examples of such, I guess would be the relevant question.

Even if you argue there aren't any, it doesn't mean they're incapable of delivering such thing.

Edit: B&H is another good example.

B&H, especially live, works really well in that aspect too.

I know a handful of people are saying Reapers is disjointed but I kinda like how abrupt it feels. It feels like it blindsides you, particularly the main riff, and that's fun to me.

Even if you argue there aren't any, it doesn't mean they're incapable of delivering such thing.

I'm not sure why everything has to boil down to black and white when talking about opinions... as always.

And as much as I love Hoodoo, I still do think the Spanish-style intro doesn't necessarily mesh with the rest, although it's really grown on me over the years, I didn't care for it at first. Not that I mind it, but again, kind of feels like tacking together different pieces of music.

I agree B&H works well together. Doesn't feel like different pieces of things put together, like some of the others.

I'll hold my judgment on Reapers until the album, but I'm not warming up to it right now.

Citizen Erased is literally the only song mentioned so far that fits into the profile. We're not talking progressive songs here.

How are progressive songs not characterized by different sections? That's literally the genre