Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

How long does it take to finish a videoclip? :eek: shouldn't it be ready by now?
Just beause it's ready that doesn't mean they'll release it. Not sure if it's been confirmed but everything's pointing towards a proper single release in May, so obviously we'll have to wait until then.

How long does it take to finish a videoclip? :eek: shouldn't it be ready by now?

For as long as it takes until they're satisfied with it. we've been working on 30sec video for 3 months now. We had to shoot the whole thing again because they didn't like one of the actors' shirt colour :facepalm:

Its staying on the A List for next week as well. If they are going to release the video and do a proper release of this single now is the time! It wont stay on the A list for many more weeks.

But 2 is quite impressive considering this never happened with any of the last album. Barely got on the C list

Dead Inside is on the A list for Radio 1's latest playlist. I'm hearing it on there every day :happy:

....and now it all makes sense, seemed a bit odd how they went from dropping Muse from the playlist to playing the latest song so much..... Muse headlining Radio 1's Big Weekend.

I guess similarly to people never hearing someone say "oh he's the greatest guy" I have never heard anyone use the word "babe" in public.

As sexism goes, I guess I thought that was an old fashioned one.

Are we really going to delve into sexism? :rolleyes: babe is used by both genders. I hear it loads in public between couples, just never "my babe" in the 3rd person. Although on the other hand "bae" (short for 'before all else') is commonly used in the 3rd person and nearly never in the first.

It's cringey regardless, but I find almost all of those kinds of words to be.

??? I use "babe" all the time with my girlfriend, but nearly never when I'm in a group. It comes out far more quickly than saying her two-syllable nickname and 3-syllable full name. I really see no context in which it's cringey unless it's being used by a PDA-type couple, whereas the cringiness stems from elsewhere anyway. I'll admit immediately though "bae" is cringey because it just sounds uneducated as a recently spawned twitter acronym versus a common slang term that's been around for ages

I've always hated all of that "babe" "honey" "sweetie" stuff, even as a term of endearment. They're just so commonly, still, used by male strangers to women that I can't not feel a bit gross even if a bf calls me such.

Even my boss still calls me "lady" all the time, and imo it's just unacceptable.

Differs from person to person, I guess, but I connect those sorts of nicknames with being condescending.

I've always hated all of that "babe" "honey" "sweetie" stuff, even as a term of endearment. They're just so commonly, still, used by male strangers to women that I can't not feel a bit gross even if a bf calls me such.

Even my boss still calls me "lady" all the time, and imo it's just unacceptable.

Differs from person to person, I guess, but I connect those sorts of nicknames with being condescending.

Misappropriation by catcallers IMO doesn't make it less intimate when used in contexts that express intimacy to me, catcallers just abuse that otherwise intimate connotation to degrade others into slabs of meat, essentially. I do agree it's gross when called that in public by strangers but my gf isn't bothered by it when I use it. Personally I think terms of endearment are great/central otherwise I'd feel like it's less of an intimate relationship and more of a business partnership, not to discount your take on it though.

I agree with you on the "lady" bit, that's pretty bizarre. If anything "ma'am" or "miss" would be more appropriate but having a boss say that when he/she obviously knows who you are makes "lady" all the more obtuse/condescending

"bae" (short for 'before all else')
nonsense.

Inb4 link to Urban dictionary.

??? I use "babe" all the time with my girlfriend, but nearly never when I'm in a group. It comes out far more quickly than saying her two-syllable nickname and 3-syllable full name. I really see no context in which it's cringey unless it's being used by a PDA-type couple, whereas the cringiness stems from elsewhere anyway. I'll admit immediately though "bae" is cringey because it just sounds uneducated as a recently spawned twitter acronym versus a common slang term that's been around for ages

Something tells me you also consider AAVE uneducated.

And how does that explanation make it "uneducated"? That it's new rather than old? Lemme remind you that every old slang once was new too.

nonsense.

Inb4 link to Urban dictionary.

Something tells me you also consider AAVE uneducated.

And how does that explanation make it "uneducated"? That it's new rather than old? Lemme remind you that every old slang once was new too.

For Christ's sake, AAVE. I really do think your posts do attempt to incite flame wars sometimes. That's a hugely presumptuous and rude implication there. Twitter isn't comprised of one ethnicity, so I'm not going to address that assumption you've made. Also here's your Urban Dictionary link.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bae

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bae

I'm well aware that old slang was once new, however not all old slang sounds dumb as fuck like "bae" does.

It sounds unedcated because it's an invented acronym with an arbitrary meaning, like the meaning was applied for the sake of using the acronym in the first place

Edited by jonisdead

before all else wut

It's an American thing but I find it isn't uniform in use (higher in some areas, lower in some areas) also, it's prominently used on Twitter. Whereas "babe" is more of a uniformly common phrase throughout the US and other countries