Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I know what "bae" is. And it doesn't mean "before all else". And stop saying "it's prominently used on twitter" like that site uses a different language or special words that aren't used anywhere else.

How am I not allowed to say my observation that "it's prominently used on twitter"? I see it more on twitter, less elsewhere. Simple. I never implied whatever else you just said

For Christ's sake, AAVE. I really do think your posts do attempt to incite flame wars sometimes. That's a hugely presumptuous and rude implication there. Twitter isn't comprised of one ethnicity, so I'm not going to address that assumption you've made. Also here's your Urban Dictionary link.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bae

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bae

I'm well aware that old slang was once new, however not all old slang sounds dumb as fuck like "bae" does.

It sounds unedcated because it's an invented acronym with an arbitrary meaning, like the meaning was applied for the sake of using the acronym in the first place

So 1. The comparison with old slang was pointless since it had nothing to do with your point. And 2. Exactly, the meaning "before all else" was applied afterwards, like fornication under the consent of king. It's nonsense, like I said.

3. And obviously my point about AAVE wasn't in regards to Twitter, but to the "uneducated" part.

So 1. The comparison with old slang was pointless since it had nothing to do with your point. And 2. Exactly, the meaning "before all else" was applied afterwards, like fornication under the consent of king. It's nonsense, like I said.

3. And obviously my point about AAVE wasn't in regards to Twitter, but to the "uneducated" part.

Sure. It just sounds stupid was all I was saying.

Looking forward to the actual video, actually managed to get one of Muse hating friends (yes, those people exist sadly) to watch the video, he only stayed for the boobs.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-23%20at%2022.41.35_zpsafai6z0x.png

That pic is only NSFW if the people surrounding you have an elbow and hip fetish.

Just stick to talking about dead inside and move all other off topic discussion somewhere else. Plzthxbi

Gotcha. I quite liked the use of the block text in the video but something about the video as a whole rubbed me the wrong way the very first time I saw it.

I've always hated all of that "babe" "honey" "sweetie" stuff, even as a term of endearment. They're just so commonly, still, used by male strangers to women that I can't not feel a bit gross even if a bf calls me such.

Even my boss still calls me "lady" all the time, and imo it's just unacceptable.

Differs from person to person, I guess, but I connect those sorts of nicknames with being condescending.

i think it differs with personal experience to be honest, like i don't know any guys who call girls "babe" unless they're dating them and even then it's usually more the girl calling the guy babe than the other way around, in personal experience my girlfriend calls me babe a lot more than I do her but like you said, there are some rather gross guys out there who'll cat call and stuff using those terms

I do agree that the word "sweetie" is very condescending though

I do agree that the word "sweetie" is very condescending though

Just wondering, why do you view "sweetie" as condescending? If anything IMO it expresses dulcet sentiments/intimacy even more than "babe" since it literally incorporates the word "sweet" into it. OT, "babe" in the song is fine I still think IMO

Edited by jonisdead

Just wondering, why do you view "sweetie" as condescending? If anything IMO it expresses dulcet sentiments/intimacy even more than "babe" since it literally incorporates the word "sweet" into it. OT, "babe" in the song is fine I still think IMO

would answer but we got told off ^ so if you rly wanna know ill pm you

and yeah i don't think it's bad in the context of the song, it bothered me the first time bc it was just kind of an eye roll moment but after having listened to the song a few times (104 according to itunes, although about 40 of those were when trying to figure out the guitar chords at the end) i don't really care that it's there anymore

would answer but we got told off ^ so if you rly wanna know ill pm you

and yeah i don't think it's bad in the context of the song, it bothered me the first time bc it was just kind of an eye roll moment but after having listened to the song a few times (104 according to itunes, although about 40 of those were when trying to figure out the guitar chords at the end) i don't really care that it's there anymore

Kinda figured lol yeah shoot me a PM! I rolled my eyes the first listen myself too but mainly just because everything was already a surprise and that moreso. To be fair I did the same with Psycho I actually burst out laughing and tried to make sure Tom didn't hear.. haha but anyways I love both tracks now.

Have to say, I've done a complete U-turn on this song since I first heard it. Really loving the whole thing now.

Same here, first listen I had to stop to double check it was the right song and when I realised it was I was just so disappointed, but now it's may favorite of the Drones songs by far. I even like the lyrics, although it just seems like psycho would be a perfect album opener...

Same here, first listen I had to stop to double check it was the right song and when I realised it was I was just so disappointed, but now it's may favorite of the Drones songs by far. I even like the lyrics, although it just seems like psycho would be a perfect album opener...

To be honest, in fact, I feel Dead Inside might have worked really well as a sort of flashback (maybe right after Psycho) about the main character's previous conditions and the reasons which have led him to become a "drone" soldier.

Babe doesn't bother me in the song..Well it didn't bother me until I kept reading this thread and now it bothers me.

It does kinda have that "ugh" feel in the context of just using it to call your significant other. I refer to my significant other by Monkey.