Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Why such love?

The melodies are beautiful, and the delivery. The electronic/R&B influences bring together all the best bits of Muse's experimentation over the past decade. I personally think the lyrics aren't half bad at all (especially squeezing in the word pulverised), and the juxtaposition of the last two lines are so stark - they really feel like the set the marker for the ethos of the album, from one extreme to the other. I also really like all the bits of polish that have been laden on the song, the stabs of synth, the layers that build and build and build, the way the guitar solo ties in so perfectly with the rhythm/beats (1.18 in particular is just amazing) in a way the Madness solo, for instance, completely failed to do, and so on.

Oh, and that MASSIVE bass :awesome:.

I think the "Dead Inside" bits are in the song as its main hook. The first time I listened this song, they were in my head for a long time... The rest of the track isn't so catchy. I love it, but I don't think it could be a hit... :(

I agree with the post above this completely, by the way. It's an amazing song. One of the best songs they have done.

Edited by topo_musero

The melodies are beautiful, and the delivery. The electronic/R&B influences bring together all the best bits of Muse's experimentation over the past decade. I personally think the lyrics aren't half bad at all (especially squeezing in the word pulverised), and the juxtaposition of the last two lines are so stark - they really feel like the set the marker for the ethos of the album, from one extreme to the other. I also really like all the bits of polish that have been laden on the song, the stabs of synth, the layers that build and build and build, the way the guitar solo ties in so perfectly with the rhythm/beats (1.18 in particular is just amazing) in a way the Madness solo, for instance, completely failed to do, and so on.

Oh, and that MASSIVE bass :awesome:.

:yesey:

Ok the song is really growing on me. But I still can't stand the DEAD INSIDE!!!! and the robot voice.

But that vocal delivery, damn. Especially in "you've taught me to lie without a trace".

Endlessly>MotP>Dead Inside>Madness>UD

/thread

You can't /thread yourself m8

Endlessly>MotP>Dead Inside>Madness>UD

/thread

Nah

MotP>UD>Endlessly>Dead Inside>Madness

Can't hear any Map or Endlessly influence in this song whatsoever anyway. To be honest it sounds like a mix of the sound and structure of UD/Madness if anything with the vocal delivery of Big Freeze(which is a good thing because the vocals was the only good thing about that song)

Have yet to hear this on the radio since it debuted here in LA, and our rock stations play Muse all the time. Wonder if they just didn't like it.

The new Foo Fighters has been on every time I get in the car though. Sounds like any other Foo Fighters song but like it.

Catchy is certainly subjective, as well, because I've had this song stuck in my head so strongly I can barely remember what Reapers or Psycho sound like.

Although I'm not a fan of "Psycho", I find it catchier because of the riff. Very lazy song, but effective and it works well live. But yeah, "catchiness" is subjective :LOL:

The guitar solo sounds so out of place, now I know what's bugging me. Unlike St Vincent who only uses guitar solos at points when it sounds good to do so in Dead Inside it seems as if Matt has thought he needed to chuck in a riff for the sake of it. And it's pretty weak. Mehhhhhhhhhheeehhhhh.

The solo in Madness is what stops Madness being a really good song for me. Muse need to do a song with energy like DI with the perfect structure of a song like Endlessly or (I don't like it very much but) UD. Not digging the guitar involvement at all right now.