Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

The solo in Madness worst than the solo in Dead Inside?

Gosh, the solo in Dead Inside is as simplistic and lazy as it could be, it sounds good, but because it's basic and minimalist enough to fit with the song.

Madness's solo is more imaginative, follows the vocal melody and then explodes with those notes at the end (god i need to get better at my musical vocabulary).

I know this is subjective but what the hell.

"Basic and minimalist enough to fit with the song" is why it's good, though.

Madness's solo felt out of place, and a bit unnatural to the song.

Dead Inside's feels natural to the rest of the song, which is driven by the vocals, and imo would have been detracted from if there were more flashy guitar work.

In my opinion, the solo in madness fits. It emphasizes and is the same as the staccato nature of the song. In a way you could say the solo is madness ;):LOL:

Gosh, the solo in Dead Inside is as simplistic and lazy as it could be, it sounds good, but because it's basic and minimalist enough to fit with the song.

Madness's solo is more imaginative, follows the vocal melody and then explodes with those notes at the end (god i need to get better at my musical vocabulary).

Imaginative? It's a Queen ripoff. And it's been a while since I listened to it but follows the vocal melody, really?

The madness solo is shit and extremely out of place.

The Madness solo is probably the worst solo in any Muse song. It is little more than the vocal line, it is produced in such a way it sounds like a completely derivative Queen knock-off and it simply does not fit in the song at all. Awful.

The Dead Inside solo is miles better, it feels more like a lick than an outright solo, and I think it has greater impact because it's used early in the song too.

How in the hell is the Dead Inside solo simplistic and lazy?

Beginning

Dead Inside >>>>>>>>> Madness

Solo

Dead Inside > Madness

Lyric

Dead Inside >>>>>>>> Madness

Music

Dead Inside > Madenss

Climax

Dead Inside <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Madness

Madness wins! But Dead Inside is a great song