Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I heard it on Alt Nation on Tuesday afternoon. I haven't heard it on any local stations yet though. That being said, I don't listen to the local stations often.

Barely listening to any radio I have no good perception of what the popular songs were at the time but from what I have heard just from sheer popularity I thought things were a bit more upbeat.

More upbeat than Dead Inside, certainly.

Madness had that "everyone can relate to this" love song thing going on, and was played on the stations that dealt heavily with like Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, etc, so it fit quite well.

The solo in Madness worst than the solo in Dead Inside?

Gosh, the solo in Dead Inside is as simplistic and lazy as it could be, it sounds good, but because it's basic and minimalist enough to fit with the song.

Madness's solo is more imaginative, follows the vocal melody and then explodes with those notes at the end (god i need to get better at my musical vocabulary).

I know this is subjective but what the hell.

"Basic and minimalist enough to fit with the song" is why it's good, though.

Madness's solo felt out of place, and a bit unnatural to the song.

Dead Inside's feels natural to the rest of the song, which is driven by the vocals, and imo would have been detracted from if there were more flashy guitar work.

"Basic and minimalist enough to fit with the song" is why it's good, though.

Madness's solo felt out of place, and a bit unnatural to the song.

Dead Inside's feels natural to the rest of the song, which is driven by the vocals, and imo would have been detracted from if there were more flashy guitar work.

In my opinion, the solo in madness fits. It emphasizes and is the same as the staccato nature of the song. In a way you could say the solo is madness ;):LOL:

Gosh, the solo in Dead Inside is as simplistic and lazy as it could be, it sounds good, but because it's basic and minimalist enough to fit with the song.

Madness's solo is more imaginative, follows the vocal melody and then explodes with those notes at the end (god i need to get better at my musical vocabulary).

Imaginative? It's a Queen ripoff. And it's been a while since I listened to it but follows the vocal melody, really?

The madness solo is shit and extremely out of place.

The Madness solo is probably the worst solo in any Muse song. It is little more than the vocal line, it is produced in such a way it sounds like a completely derivative Queen knock-off and it simply does not fit in the song at all. Awful.

The Dead Inside solo is miles better, it feels more like a lick than an outright solo, and I think it has greater impact because it's used early in the song too.

How in the hell is the Dead Inside solo simplistic and lazy?

Are many US stations even picking it up yet? It could do very well, but it would need some push first, obviously.

I heard it on the radio today. Switched over from my ipod to take a break from my usual playlist and Dead Inside came on immediately. :rolleyes::LOL:

I think I'm just going to pretend this song doesn't exist (like several Muse songs now) and maintain my anticipation through repeated listens of Psycho and Reapers.

Got to keep believing this will be a rock record.

The Madness solo is probably the worst solo in any Muse song

Yes

The Dead Inside solo is miles better

LOL!

Beginning

Dead Inside >>>>>>>>> Madness

Solo

Dead Inside > Madness

Lyric

Dead Inside >>>>>>>> Madness

Music

Dead Inside > Madenss