Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

As a linguist, and a bit of an anorak I suppose, am I the only one who's annoyed by the incorrect use of 'anymore' in the Drones lyric video? Gets me every time. In that context, 'anymore' should be two words, not one. And don't get me started on the 'ass' lyric in Psycho - 'ass' = donkey, the word they're looking for is 'arse'. It's not that difficult, jeez!

As a linguist, and a bit of an anorak I suppose, am I the only one who's annoyed by the incorrect use of 'anymore' in the Drones lyric video? Gets me every time. In that context, 'anymore' should be two words, not one. And don't get me started on the 'ass' lyric in Psycho - 'ass' = donkey, the word they're looking for is 'arse'. It's not that difficult, jeez!

Yeah I'm sure sergeants say "your arse belongs to me" all the time

As a linguist, I'm sure you recognise that this version of 'ass' takes its meaning from American english.

So the black eyes meant dead inside... Genius :LOL:

I literally JUST noticed that the girl in the video's eyes are blacked out.

The progression of the song fits the "story" perfectly, and it's clearly a vocally driven song, so I'm not much bothered by any perceived lack of creativity in the instrumentation.

The vocal delivery still gives me chills when I listen to it, even though I've probably heard it dozens of times now. There's a sense of emotion and conviction that's been lacking from a lot of their other songs.

And it's not really supposed to have a Madness like climax; it would ruin the theme.

Also, "arse" doesn't ever sound like a cuss word to me.