I think there might be a bit of a jump from saying "Matt's really struggling with vocals, and they're still sticking to the same ol songs in the sets while removing the interesting/new ones" to "this band sucks."

I know there's a lot of people out there who can't express a critical opinion without resorting to "this fucking sucks and you're fucking wrong" but there's also apparently a lot of people who think people can't be critical (and often correct) and still enjoy the band enough to want to talk about them.

No one can win.

I think there might be a bit of a jump from saying "Matt's really struggling with vocals, and they're still sticking to the same ol songs in the sets while removing the interesting/new ones" to "this band sucks."

I know there's a lot of people out there who can't express a critical opinion without resorting to "this fucking sucks and you're fucking wrong" but there's also apparently a lot of people who think people can't be critical (and often correct) and still enjoy the band enough to want to talk about them.

No one can win.

Hm, well, yeah, he definitely said something about dull in some other thread.

I just get a really negative vibe from Tjet's posts, that's all.

I don't complain about their setlists and I don't talk about how shitty they are while at the same time paying to see them four times.

d0ba6ee473b5a40529888e427ae3d8fa.gif

I meant, for someone who doesn't care, it seems strange to me that you keep posting about how shit they are. And dull. And so on. If you don't care, why do you love telling us how crap you think they are?

To be fair, does he? I'm probably one of the biggest moaners left in Main Muse nowadays and I don't see Tjet shit on the band that much, if anything I only really see him talk about the songs he likes. All he said on the last page was that Matt would sound awful trying to sing Showbiz at the moment, which he would.

Really? Where else? :LOL:

For example questioning why Jobby would buy tickets after complaining.

I meant, for someone who doesn't care, it seems strange to me that you keep posting about how shit they are. And dull. And so on. If you don't care, why do you love telling us how crap you think they are?

Isn't dull exactly the kind of word you'd use to describe something you don't really care about?

And I don't keep posting about how shit they are, you are simply unable to make any sort of distinction between comments, critique and hate. Seems quite clear that you just view anything that you could consider negative as simply talk about how shit Muse are.

To be fair, does he? I'm probably one of the biggest moaners left in Main Muse nowadays and I don't see Tjet shit on the band that much, if anything I only really see him talk about the songs he likes. All he said on the last page was that Matt would sound awful trying to sing Showbiz at the moment, which he would.

Like I said, maybe it's just my perception. And that post about how dull they sound and that the live videos are sleeping pills - I guess that made me think he really doesn't like them much these days. And with that thought in mind, those posts just feel very negative to me.

For example questioning why Jobby would buy tickets after complaining.
WHERE did I do that? Seriously, I don't remember. :$

If I did, I probably only made a joke.

And anyway, if I don't care about something, I don't post about it. But that's obviously just me. :p

Like I said, maybe it's just my perception. And that post about how dull they sound and that the live videos are sleeping pills - I guess that made me think he really doesn't like them much these days. And with that thought in mind, those posts just feel very negative to me.
I loved the tour for T2L (from afar). They obviously cancelled the two gigs in Sweden that I was going to, but overall I never stopped praising that tour continuously on the board. Do I really have to leave the board the second I start finding them dull?

Btw, this was the post you were referring to, right? http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=11141561&postcount=7335

And also, you do realise that finding them dull live doesn't mean that I still don't like the band, right? They have put out seven albums and I like most of what's on them.

WHERE did I do that? Seriously, I don't remember. :$

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=11143951&postcount=447

And anyway, if I don't care about something, I don't post about it. But that's obviously just me. :p

I've been a member of this board for six years. Nowadays I post here out of boredom and habit just as much as discussion, and it's a place to talk. Because you know, in order to realise that Muse were dull this tour, I had to see them (all on youtube ofc). And I feel that simply leaving the board without a word after watching a live stream would have been really weird, so instead I post about how I felt. But that's obviously just me ;)

I've bitched about setlists and Matt's voice, as well. And at least in the latter case, I actually do care, even if Tjet doesn't.

I'm not sure why I care so much, but I've been really bothered by it, probably just in contrast to how absolutely amazing it was last tour. It's certainly a disappointment. And I would hands down have rather heard the Drones songs with those amazing performances than the T2L ones.

And yeah, I'd buy tickets to see them at least once despite all that, but when you add up things like the rather dull and SHORT setlists that have been cropping up, Matt's vocal issues that aren't improving, and the fact that I'd probably have to shell out an excessive amount of money for tickets and travel, those issues (as well as my hatred of center stages - another thing I've bitched about a lot,) become somewhat of a stressor with my decision process here.

(This is all theoretical upon their actually BEING more US dates not in Nov/Dec, of course. :chuckle:)

I think it's pretty fair to say "hey, this is really expensive... and there's issues here that could certainly be addressed, and aren't (fitness, set length, etc.)"

I think it's a mite disrespectful to charge what they're charging for these gigs, and then admit that you don't bother getting in shape for them, and complain about 2 hours being too long (Dom, in the same interview, I believe...)

Not that I recall them doing more than 1hr45min, but maybe he was rounding.

I love this band, and I have since '04, and I fucking love Drones... and would love the chance to see the songs live, but the idea that I have to choose between liking the band and being critical about what I (potentially) pay for is ludicrous, imo.

And as much as I love the album, I would more than likely have to decline at paying $1000+ to see them this tour if the negatives (like center stage, lacking performance, setlists lacking rarities or even new songs, etc) start to stack up.

Ah yes, I found it. :LOL:

Wow, if that really was taken as offensive - then I apologise, Jobby. :)

It's fine, I didn't take it as a proper dig or anything.

I wasn't expecting to get away with moaning heavily about setlists then spending about £500 on tickets the next day without at least one person calling me out tbh :chuckle:

I loved the tour for T2L (from afar). They obviously cancelled the two gigs in Sweden that I was going to, but overall I never stopped praising that tour continuously on the board. Do I really have to leave the board the second I start finding them dull?

Btw, this was the post you were referring to, right? http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=11141561&postcount=7335

And also, you do realise that finding them dull live doesn't mean that I still don't like the band, right? They have put out seven albums and I like most of what's on them.

God no, I really was only wondering why you would say you don't really care - it seemed to me you *do* care, that's all. And then I got a little too defensive, yes. ;)

I also thought you meant they sound dull in general, not only live.

Hey, can I use the fact that English is not my first language as an excuse for misunderstanding things a bit too often here? :p

I've been a member of this board for six years. Nowadays I post here out of boredom and habit just as much as discussion, and it's a place to talk. Because you know, in order to realise that Muse were dull this tour, I had to see them (all on youtube ofc). And I feel that simply leaving the board without a word after watching a live stream would have been really weird, so instead I post about how I felt. But that's obviously just me ;)
I never said you should leave the board. I was only wondering.

Tbh, I guess all this "Matt is losing his voice" talk makes be a bit anxious. I'd hate to see that that's true, so...

But I also am a happy and optimistic person, and negativity does do weird things to me - I guess *I* should be the one leaving, really. Or not. :LOL:

No one suggested that it was rude of offensive btw.

See. Misunderstanding. ;)

It's fine, I didn't take it as a proper dig or anything.
Good. It wasn't meant like that.

God no, I really was only wondering why you would say you don't really care - it seemed to me you *do* care, that's all. And then I got a little too defensive, yes. ;)

Don't mistake my keyboard typing for emotional involvement. ;)

I also thought you meant they sound dull in general, not only live.

I'm going out of my current Muse phase atm, but I'm sure that in a few months I'll be all over OoS and BH&R again.

Hey, can I use the fact that English is not my first language as an excuse for misunderstanding things a bit too often here? :p

It's cool.

Tbh, I guess all this "Matt is losing his voice" talk makes be a bit anxious. I'd hate to see that that's true, so...
But then my posts should comfort you! I'm saying it's probably down to fitness, something he can fix!

tumblr_m9saktfKEh1qfdm34o1_540.png

Don't mistake my keyboard typing for emotional involvement. ;)

Ok. ;)

But then my posts should comfort you! I'm saying it's probably down to fitness, something he can fix![/Quote] But if it really just keeps getting worse, which he must notice, and he knows he could do something about it, he would - but he doesn't, so that could mean it has other reasons... noooooooooooo, now I'm starting too! :eek:

tumblr_m9saktfKEh1qfdm34o1_540.png

:LOL:

But if it really just keeps getting worse, which he must notice, and he knows he could do something about it, he would - but he doesn't, so that could mean it has other reasons... noooooooooooo, now I'm starting too! :eek:

Those "other reasons" could easily be that he doesn't care to do anything about it. It's disappointing, but entirely possible and believable.

It doesn't have to be something earth shattering; just laziness.

Those "other reasons" could easily be that he doesn't care to do anything about it. It's disappointing, but entirely possible and believable.

It doesn't have to be something earth shattering; just laziness.

I don't know why, but I always pictured him as a bit of a perfectionist (yes, my weird probably-not-reality-based-assumptions again :p), so that would surprise me.

I just hope that I get to enjoy all my 5 gigs next year. At least they spread out over almost 4 months.

He talked about Mutt making them do a massive amount more takes than they ever would have on their own, and even altering entire songs.

There was one point where Matt admitted the perfectionism was hard to deal with at times, but I can't remember exactly which one.

Tho, Matt saying he uses gigs to "get in shape" instead of exercising ahead of time, and making gasping noises to illustrate I think is proof enough. :chuckle:

Perfectionism isn't even always a positive thing, honestly, so it's not a bother.

You don't have to be a "perfectionist" to want to improve your live performances, either. Honestly it just seems like he's got a lot of stuff he wants to do, and he's not putting as much import on the live aspect of his job, which some of us find rather bothersome.

Does he smoke? I saw a clip with Slash (was some years ago) where they smoked cigarettes, but then I read somewhere he does occasionally... I don't smoke myself but I think it affects your lungs really badly! running out of breath, not the high singing ;)

He smoked since he was a teenager, to my knowledge. In that clip with Slash though, I seem to remember him saying that he'd quit at that point, or at least cut down significantly. That was 5 years ago, so it's hard to say what's happened between now and then. Can't remember him being seen with one since though.

Given everything we know though, his breathing problems are most likely just down to a lack of cardio. I'm pretty sure that if he does still smoke, it isn't enough for it to cause such a sudden drop in singing ability.