Other than Download, though, I'd be curious what the difference was in the others...?

Literally hundreds of major festivals in europe, each has a particular crowd, a particular vibe, etc. Pinkpop and Werchter are very different festivals for example, despite looking very similar on paper and being very close geographically.

Probs, pretty sure he (or someone connected with the band) said that he felt uncomfortable performing them.

I remember he said himself in an interview that some nights he loved it some nights he hated it and was unsure he'd do lead vocals in the next album (which turned out to be Drones). I think it was the Coachella interview but I'm not sure.

Not all festivals are the same. Different crowds, different setlists?

That's the thing that pisses me off though, all the festivals have hardcore fans going to them and all of them have tons of casual fans going to them. Distribute evenly for the sake of the fans there.

Same argument goes for Nashville and Paris

So CE is being rotated with Supremacy now? lol

Fucking awful. Guess they thought "Welp, they both use the 7-string ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

not exactly, it was before AP, so it looks like there's a rotation slot there, then Starlight instead of Supremacy. Resistance dropped in before Hysteria so the setlist gets bumped up one until AP. I think.

It's not so much to do with where the slot is in the setlist (songs move about quite often, nowt to do with rotation) as it is what's brought in and what's brought out. At this gig, and a couple of others before it tbf, it looks like Supremacy's been brought out/in for Citizen Erased.

I don't think there's necessarily any direct rotations though. Animals, Supremacy, Resistance, Map, CE, Micro Cuts all seem to rotate in and out with each other (though Micro Cuts might have been dropped now).