I was there yesterday and Matt said something like: "We're gonna play this song for this person here who asked for it" because there was someone in the first row with a CE sign. Don't know if they were planning to play it from the beginning though. For a moment I thought they were going to play Dead Star as there were loads of Dead Star signs :LOL:

Mmm... They accept requests now? Exo Politics here we go!

They seem to have been doing that for a little while now, at least at gigs where the production doesn't restrict them too much (then it's usually, "We'll do it tomorrow"). Genuinely makes me feel tempted to take a sign at the next gig I go to, I don't really wanna be 'that guy' though :$ Plus, I imagine it'd be hassle to lug about.

There's always the slim chance that Matt might recognise me and think 'Shit, this guy reeeally wants Assassin/Showbiz tbf'.

Assassin all the way

This guy gets it.

It would have to be something they've played recently and has been well rehearsed. I doubt they would answer something like a Showbiz request at this current time

Showbiz was heavily requested at Manchester Academy but they didn't play it 'cause they hadn't rehearsed it and couldn't remember (though they sort of had the chance to, tbf). They're aware it's one of the most popular fan requests atm though.

Four of us held up signs for Hyper Music and it was truly spontaneous. Wasn't soundchecked or on the setlist or anything. The biggest problem was, it took him like six songs to open his eyes lol

Hyper Music had been played fairly recently at that point though and doesn't really require much specific lighting/sound. Something like Showbiz hasn't been played since 2007/2008 so it's really unlikely they'd be able to just whip it out, as proved at the MA gig.

I think it's pretty fair to say they're going to take "requests" of songs that they have recently played or rehearsed only, if that.

They did try to play Assassin off the cuff at Ulster Hall to be fair, they were just too afraid of messing it up (and Chris didn't have that 5-string bass apparently).

But, yeah, they don't tend to take requests on the day unless it's one they've recently rehearsed and can easily slip in.

Hyper Music had been played fairly recently at that point though and doesn't really require much specific lighting/sound. Something like Showbiz hasn't been played since 2007/2008 so it's really unlikely they'd be able to just whip it out, as proved at the MA gig.

That's the reason why we didn't do Showbiz signs, has to at least remain realistic, but a lot of us are going to do the Showbiz signs during multiple night stays. I feel that's at least fair to them.

Do they ever play Butterflies and Hurricanes anymore? Seems like ages ago, shame I love that one

It only popped up 6 times on the T2L tour so it's definitely a rarity nowadays. It does tend to come back in some capacity for the stadium gigs though so there's still a chance of seeing it, albeit pretty slim.

Yeah, but I'd be quite miffed if I got B&H over CE, considering I've never seen either

Having seen both, I'd say B&H is quite a bit better than CE live tbh.

For me, rotations should be:

- CE / B&H (piano section transition slot)

- AP / Sunburn (heavy piano song slot)

- RBS / Hoodoo (softer piano song slot)

- Dead Star / Hyper Music (old, heavy singles)

- Sing For Absolution / Invincible (old, slow, sing-along-y singles)

- Showbiz / Muscle Museum / Assassin (straight-up rarity slot, all work well going into a heavier song)

- New Born / Unnatural Selection (pretty self-explanatory really)

- Bliss / PIB (maybe a controversial one but both can serve pretty much the exact same purpose in sets imo, and PIB needs to be rested at least a bit to sound fresh again)

- Uprising / TIRO (just as a way to keep the sets from getting stale, not the exact same hits every night)

Also, find a way to pop COD in there as well.

Having seen both, I'd say B&H is quite a bit better than CE live tbh.

For me, rotations should be:

- CE / B&H (piano section transition slot)

- AP / Sunburn (heavy piano song slot)

- RBS / Hoodoo (softer piano song slot)

- Dead Star / Hyper Music (old, heavy singles)

- Sing For Absolution / Invincible (old, slow, sing-along-y singles)

- Showbiz / Muscle Museum / Assassin (straight-up rarity slot, all work well going into a heavier song)

- New Born / Unnatural Selection (pretty self-explanatory really)

- Bliss / PIB (maybe a controversial one but both can serve pretty much the exact same purpose in sets imo, and PIB needs to be rested at least a bit to sound fresh again)

- Uprising / TIRO (just as a way to keep the sets from getting stale, not the exact same hits every night)

Also, find a way to pop COD in there as well.

Hell yes. I'd take any of those rotations.