I'm noticing that like he does in The Handler in the 2nd chorus (studio version), in Uprising live this tour he's often been hitting the G4 on "degrading" and going down to D4 and up again to F4. He's been doing the same sort of thing in Starlight too, whilst singing "expectations"

I'm noticing that like he does in The Handler in the 2nd chorus (studio version), in Uprising live this tour he's often been hitting the G4 on "degrading" and going down to D4 and up again to F4. He's been doing the same sort of thing in Starlight too, whilst singing "expectations"

I like the little changes he's been making to the melody of some songs, Uprising in particular.

Also, is there a stream of tonight's gig?

Supremacy is a great song to play after the piano bit, good to see it back.

i thought this too, don't know why everyone's getting so antsy about it's return... when matt does the falsetto on point it's a good live tune - better than madness at very least

Edited by heyjackk

i thought this too, don't know why everyone's getting so antsy about it's return... when matt does the falsetto one it's a good live tune - better than madness at very least

me singing micro cuts > madness.

Having Supremacy on the set list means we get to have the amazing lyric of "Your true emancipation is a fantasy" back.

Rather that then Follow Me!

"Deadly spies brainwashing our children to be mean"

That is sure great songwriting. It'd be awesome if the instrumentals weren't boring half of the song length, though. *sarcasm*

"Deadly spies brainwashing our children to be mean"

That is sure great songwriting. It'd be awesome if the instrumentals weren't boring half of the song length, though. *sarcasm*

I think you mean "embedded"

Am I the only person that doesn't actually mind the use of the lyric "mean"??

I've never minded it. I guess I don't see what other word would have worked better to get that point across, and I've heard Matt use "mean" in the description of what he was getting at (ie: there being a "meanness" to social media, etc.)

So no, don't mind it at all. Was surprised it was such a big deal to people.

Anyone know what that 'Chris Wolstenstickenstein' thing is about that Matt has been doing at the last two gigs?

Matt having a laugh at Chris' crazy long/hard to pronounce name?

Matt having a laugh at Chris' crazy long/hard to pronounce name?

That might be it, though he should be used to it by now haha

I just thought I missed something since he seems to be doing it at every gig all of a sudden.

Then again, Matt's just weird like that

Anyone know what that 'Chris Wolstenstickenstein' thing is about that Matt has been doing at the last two gigs?

He's done it a few times over the years.

It's probs just a joke to do with foreign interviewers/fans or other people who just don't know him that well having trouble pronouncing his last name.