Random 'Live Nation' email I just received...

'The almighty Muse at Download 2015...

Arena rock icons don't get much bigger than Muse. With their new album set to be packed with dark riffs and monstrous drums, Muse's Saturday night headline slot at Download Festival 2015 is the perfect place to show it off.'

Doubt it means anything.

Arena rock icons don't get much bigger than Muse. With their new album set to be packed with dark riffs and monstrous drums, Muse's Saturday night headline slot at Download Festival 2015 is the perfect place to show it off.'

Dude if they officially changed their band name to "The Almighty Muse" then I would die of happiness.

OT as I expected though, they have something to prove with all of these edgy festivals which is very promising

Dude if they officially changed their band name to "The Almighty Muse" then I would die of happiness.

OT as I expected though, they have something to prove with all of these edgy festivals which is very promising

It would be great to see the reaction here. And yes, that's what I thought when I read it.

I don't know what the general consensus here is on Unnatural Selection but I think it's one of their worst attempts at doing straight rock ever, also due to the fact that the riff is a complete recycling of New Born. If Muse don't touch this level of such a boring/uninspired track on this new record, I could care less if it sounds like classic rock.

You received it because day tickets went on sale this morning :)

I don't know what the general consensus here is on Unnatural Selection but I think it's one of their worst attempts at doing straight rock ever, also due to the fact that the riff is a complete recycling of New Born. If Muse don't touch this level of such a boring/uninspired track on this new record, I could care less if it sounds like classic rock.

Unnatural selection isn't really classic rock at all, not sure what it is bit it definetly isn't classic rock ;)

If you think Unnatural Selection is bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V77WnPUXdSg

Lmao I'm not even going to ask you how you came across that..

Unnatural selection isn't really classic rock at all, not sure what it is bit it definetly isn't classic rock ;)

Well Matt described the outro riff as clean Iron Maiden and that was the best part of the track. Choruses are decent but the meat of the track is just terribad. I'd describe the track as a whole as an attempt towards a clean version of New Born that falls on its face. And the breakdown is a failed attempt at depth that tries to copy Citizen Erased's breakdown. Remove the breakdown and change the riff during the verses then it becomes acceptable

So Reading day tickets are a ridiculous £65ish this year; if Download was that price would've snapped two up in an instant but that extra £20 is putting me off, especially when the three artists I want to see that day are all clashing. 100% waiting for the tour!

Yeah, if it was just a little bit cheaper I'd have probably got one.

I actually agree with you.

Considering a music video has apparently already been shot, and that we're expecting to hear a new song within a month, are Muse being more secretive than usual around this album? It seems we know next to nothing, which is strange considering it seems to be at a pretty advanced stage. Regarding The 2nd Law, hadn't Matt and co done a lot more interviews and things by this stage, or am I mistaken? Surely we already knew, for example, that Chris had written 2 songs? Or is it just me being very impatient?

Surely Resistance wasn't really that bad, yeah some songs were cheesy but they were still really good. More likely to listen the the whole of TR than BHAR, can't stand Solider's Poem at all, plus the combination of Exo Politics, CoD and Hoodoo drags me away even further. If KoC wasn't on that album it would definitely be my least favourite :p

Unnatural Selection sounds like someone else's attempt at a Muse song, though I think a lot of that album sounds like B-sides from BHAR anyway. I always got the impression that US was made solely because they cut down Assassin and felt bad about it lol.