Sounds like the clip has been taken while they were recording the "DRONES" shouty bit. Cool riff, I'd say more of a RATM feel rather than AC/DC, but I get where people are getting them from.

The inevitable 10 minute version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Z0XoJJA0o&feature=youtu.be

I'd say the clip was taken during rehearsals of the song, I can hear Matt playing along to a backing track of his guitar

It does signal that they are stripping back and returning to playing rock.

But its upbeat, funky feel combined with the group-vocal shout simultaneously signals that they are channelling it through their more recent cheesy style - what they once called their Monty Python-esque humour, making it purposefully laughable and silly.

I personally find the first element positive or encouraging, and the second element negative and discouraging. I was definitely hoping that they'd dropped the self-consciously silly, cheesy aspects, which were fun for a while (Knight of Cydonia, for instance), but I think have grown pretty old and off-putting by this stage.

Edited by Static Shadows

But its upbeat, funky feel combined with the group-vocal shout simultaneously signals that they are channelling it through their more recent cheesy style - what they once called their Monty Python-esque humour, making it purposefully laughable and silly.

I personally find the first element positive or encouraging, and the second element negative and discouraging. I was definitely hoping that they'd dropped the self-consciously silly, cheesy aspects, which were fun for a while (Knight of Cydonia, for instance), but I think have grown pretty old and off-putting by this stage.

Well said . I agree

It's still early to tell if the cheesiness will be present throughout the whole song, let alone the album itself.

No clue how you think a chant is cheesy. People use that word improperly here and use it to refer to anything, it has no meaning anymore.