I mean because the crossings-out on the mag covers have recently been getting clearer (much more noticeable in this most recent cover) this may suggest that some news will come when the covers are (eventually) fully clear. Just a stupid theory :D

I think you missed a word in your original post.

I basically kept saying that the snippet is bad. makes sense to me.

That's fine it's your opinion and opinions are purely subjective, it was more the way you tried to justify your points that made no sense, the actual points you were making are completely fair as they are your opinions.

Hope that makes some sense if not I'm just being a massive hypocrite.

You don't know the context of it.

Precisely this. Everyone flinging around this "cheese" thing don't understand how a chant can add an effect to a song. Nobody called the Uprising chants cheesy. Cheese is Guiding Light and Big Freeze and IBTY, they haven't done anything else cheesy. The things they do are just OTT, not "cheesy".

Precisely this. Everyone flinging around this "cheese" thing don't understand how a chant can add an effect to a song. Nobody called the Uprising chants cheesy. Cheese is Guiding Light and Big Freeze and IBTY, they haven't done anything else cheesy. The things they do are just OTT, not "cheesy".

100%.

Who lost their shit? Some people just said they thought the chant was cheesey, who cares?

He means when you hear these types of riffs live everyone eats it up completely, and now everyone's acting whiney about getting the riffs that some dismiss as "classic rock" and hate on it, and others hate on the chant, and many are hating on both. He's calling Musers hypocrites, it's a pretty accurate critique too

At some point in Muse's career I think most people just got desensitized to the idea of cheese. The "Drones" chant isn't anywhere above the likes of "I'm gonna win". Only reason I can see it sounds lame is because the music itself is oddly stripped back while the chant is more pronounced than regular Muse tracks. That said, I think most of that is just on account of the mixing and general muddled audio quality not adding enough depth to it.

Maybe.. (not really).. after Chris' attempt to sing on the last album, Dom wants to do the same. Since he can't sing that well it'll be an intrumental track with nothing but heavy riffs and him shouting ''DRONES!!!!" every once in a while. :D

In the Instagram snippet you can hear them put emphasis on Dom being too loud. This is obviously his shouting and not his drumming. This part is actually acted from script and a hint to what I previous stated.

Also.. Dinosaurs never existed and 9/11 was an inside job. :p

He means when you hear these types of riffs live everyone eats it up completely, and now everyone's acting whiney about getting the riffs that some dismiss as "classic rock" and hate on it, and others hate on the chant, and many are hating on both. He's calling Musers hypocrites, it's a pretty accurate critique too

:erm: I can't really see which posts have contained such incredible levels of vitriol that might have led you to believe people are "hating" on a 5 second clip. Some have labeled the chant/shout (whatever) cheesey: that's hardly dismissing the entire album or song and I can't understand how you can't see why some people think that it's cheesey.

Uprising, especially the chants, is a bit cheesy. I'm sure I've said that before.

It's a clichéd, vague, anti-establishment (maybe) anthem.

But, I like the vocals and the guitar enough that it doesn't bother me. Most of the time.

It's certainly not the example I would use of a "serious" political tone in a song.

It's just no where near the level of what appears to be self-parody of, say, a Survival.

And I still see you accusing people of being "whiney" about the classic rock riff... when in fact we're the same people who have consistently said we aren't really fond of that sort of thing. Having an opinion about a style of music is hardly what I'd call whining.

We're hardly hypocrites if we've felt this way for a long time... pre-Muse, even.

I, for one, am not excited to see Muse go classic rock (if that's what they do,) but I'll give it a chance/listen all the same.

:erm: I can't really see which posts have contained such incredible levels of vitriol that might have led you to believe people are "hating" on a 5 second clip. Some have labeled the chant/shout (whatever) cheesey: that's hardly dismissing the entire album or song and I can't understand how you can't see why some people think that it's cheesey.

And I still see you accusing people of being "whiney" about the classic rock riff... when in fact we're the same people who have consistently said we aren't really fond of that sort of thing. Having an opinion about a style of music is hardly what I'd call whining.

We're hardly hypocrites if we've felt this way for a long time... pre-Muse, even.

I, for one, am not excited to see Muse go classic rock (if that's what they do,) but I'll give it a chance/listen all the same.

The main thing here is just this critical sentiment I'm seeing reminds me of the whole stereotypical "old Muse," "back to roots," "OoS" trope that's called for this kind of sonic return for a long time and seeing complaints about it now is what I'm addressing mainly, moreso than the "classic rock" complaints. Of course everyone's allowed to dislike classic rock, but what I see more than just that is moreso just Muse fans whining about things moreso than taking "classic rock" complaints seriously as a whole. For me it's like this. I see people wanting a return to an OoS type/heavy rock sound. Muse return, but now people get nitpicky about what kind of sound they want. It seems silly to me to complain so much

After hearing that snippet I'm afraid that they're trying to make another crowd-pleasing song. A similar shouting idea was used in Uprising so I hope that they will avoid self-plagiarism. Besides, it's fantastic when a song becomes a crowd-pleaser naturally, but when you want to build it that way the risk is that it may not work like that at all.

The main thing here is just this critical sentiment I'm seeing reminds me of the whole stereotypical "old Muse," "back to roots," "OoS" trope that's called for this kind of sonic return for a long time and seeing complaints about it now is what I'm addressing mainly, moreso than the "classic rock" complaints. Of course everyone's allowed to dislike classic rock, but what I see more than just that is moreso just Muse fans whining about things moreso than taking "classic rock" complaints seriously as a whole. For me it's like this. I see people wanting a return to an OoS type/heavy rock sound. Muse return, but now people get nitpicky about what kind of sound they want. It seems silly to me to complain so much

Like a sort of sixth sense for .mu? I don't think many people have explicitly said that they want a return to OoS' sound, or have even been massively critical, beyond the expression of concerns over the chant etc. It's like you're conflating individual concerns/opinions with some perception of a hyper critical Muse fanbase dominated by oldies who demand OoS 2.

Cheese is Guiding Light and Big Freeze and IBTY, they haven't done anything else cheesy.

Err... What? :LOL:

I'd add Starlight, Madness, Neutron Star Collision, Invincible, Panic Station, and Explorers to that list for starters. Not sure I'd put IBTY in there, but I guess that one is debatable.

I see people wanting a return to an OoS type/heavy rock sound. Muse return, but now people get nitpicky about what kind of sound they want. It seems silly to me to complain so much

It's difficult to judge from 5 seconds. But that 5 seconds does not sound like a return to an OOS sound. In its funk rock it sounds potentially as close or closer to Panic Station than Bliss/Plug In Baby/New Born/Citizen Erased to me.

It's almost as if Muse fans aren't a homogeneous group that all have the same taste, and that maybe the people who whined about old Muse aren't the same that's whining now.

The worry is that they won't pursue it with the fire that they demonstrated on those albums. There are many precedents for this- Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth's alleged comeback albums, U2's post-Pop output, Sepultura returning to thrash metal...

I'm hoping Muse do what Machine Head have been doing since 2005- not merely returning to their old sound, but expanding on it and pushing their boundaries.